MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

095946-ipad_2_nz.jpg

In line with Apple's confirmation earlier this week that online sales of the iPad 2 would begin at 1:00 AM Friday in each of 25 new countries, the device has already gone on sale in New Zealand and Australia.

As may have been expected given current shortages in the United States, new iPad 2 orders in New Zealand and Australia are not shipping immediately but instead come with shipping estimates of 2-3 weeks. Apple could certainly ship units earlier than the stated timeframe, but the company clearly does not want to promise that units will be moving out for distribution immediately.

Apple does typically maintain separate distribution chains for its North American, European, and Asian markets that sometimes result in differences in shipping estimates among countries, so it will be interesting to see the status of deliveries in European countries once sales begin in those countries.

Shipping estimates for new online orders in the U.S. remain at 4-5 weeks.

Article Link: First International iPad 2 Online Sales Begin With 2-3 Week Shipping Estimates

iSamurai

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2007
ɹǝpun uʍop 'ǝuɐqsı&#
Ordered :D 16GB 3G white model. YAY!

my shipping also says 2-3 weeks... nevertheless I'm quite happy it's still less than the waiting period for my iPhone 4 when it was launched in Australia.

Comment

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
64GB WiFi black over here! :D
I'm so excited!!!!

Now let's just hope these shipping times shift forward or I'll be trying my luck at the local Apple reseller when they get stock in.

Comment

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The option to buy has now appeared on the UK store too but they all currently just say "Dispatched: Currently unavailable" The smart covers are showing with a 2 - 3 week availability though

Comment

stewart1988

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
The option to buy has now appeared on the UK store too but they all currently just say "Dispatched: Currently unavailable" The smart covers are showing with a 2 - 3 week availability though

And the Apple Digital AV Adapter
£35.00
Dispatched: 2-3 weeks :(

Comment

raef203

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
Just got off the phone with apple and the representative told me that orders are moving ahead more quickly than anticipated--like 2-5 days and that he preceives them moving faster as time passes--so keep the faith.

Comment

iScott428

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Orlando, FL
I Can not wait to see actual sales numbers for the iPad2. Also i got to play with a 64gb White iPad 2 this last weekend; Wow what a improvement from my first gen. Garage Band is probably the greatest App ever!

Comment

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
This means, if I was in Australia or New Zealand, I would get my iPad sooner than the order I placed on the 15th!:eek:

Comment

APPLSVK

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
Have to order mine from the Czech republic since they will not be available in Slovakia. Hope I will get lucky and enjoy a white 64gb+3g. I did not buy the first gen and I am glad that I managed to resist when my dad proposed to give me one for chrismas.

Comment

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Guys, think Timezones. ;) These things are going on sale Friday the 25th.

I called the store and they say they are going to take my order now :D:D:D:D:D

Ok, little misunderstanding, they are not taking my order, the saleswoman is giving me his number so I can call her tomorrow. bummer

:(

Last edited:
Comment

MachineShedFred

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
For what it's worth, I ordered mine here in the US on the Friday it became available. They said 2-3 weeks, and then I got a ship date of April 1 last week.

I got an email last night that it shipped from Shenzen, China. It's somewhere over the Pacific on it's way to Anchorage, Alaska right now.

Apple usually does this: give you a reasonable ship time when you order, and then ship it faster.

Comment

Masteric

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2004
Comment

trinket

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2005
I have placed my order on the Australian online store - actually placed the order and got my confirmation 15 minutes before the official start time of 1am. Estimated delivery date is 21st of April...Not too happy about that. I am considering trying my luck at the Apple store on Saturday morning, and cancelling my online order if I'm able to get my hands on one before it ships.

Comment

cycomiko

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ordered 16gb site with Hdmi cable - 2-3weeks and a short sleep. Will see if the local resellers have it and maybe cancel - but knowing applenz, especially with their complete secrecy - that makes apple USA look positively talkative - I have no way of knowing who might have one or where they will have it!

Still despatch is 3 weeks on the dot with another for delivery ..

Comment

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Rye/London, UK
So, really, these are pre-orders for a launch of mid-April, bar the few that they'll manage to get into the hands of customers queuing up at stores tomorrow.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.