Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPhone 12 mini and the iPhone 12 Pro Max aren't set to be available until November 13, but a Romanian YouTuber got his hands on the iPhone 12 mini and showed it off today, offering a size comparison between the iPhone 12 and the 12 mini along with going over some of the device's features.

iphone12minihandson.jpg

The iPhone 12 mini is identical to the iPhone 12 in design and functionality, but it has a 5.4-inch display size instead of a 6.1-inch display size and it has a smaller battery inside. All of the other features, including processor, camera setup, and 5G connectivity are the same.

The video is in Romanian and no subtitles are available, but it does offer a look at the iPhone 12 mini in hand so those planning to purchase can see it out in the real world.

Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 12 mini on Friday, November 6 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time, with the first of those orders set to ship out on Friday, November 13.

Update: It appears that the original video has been removed from YouTube at this time, but a comparison photo is still embedded at the top of this article.

Article Link: First iPhone 12 Mini Hands-On Video Surfaces [Update: Video Pulled]

Last edited:

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
I’d love a translation…...does anyone speak gibberish?
He start by saying he is not the owner of that mini
He says that everyone there loves that size that works in perfect harmony with the flat edges
He says that iphone are not allowed on 5G until November until a software will enable it
The notch is the same but looks bigger because of its size

Last edited:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
The perfect size iPhone. Cannot wait to order this.

Coming from a 7 Plus, I won't be losing much screen size and it'll still be a huge upgrade, plus it'll fit nicely in my pocket unlike my current phone
The screen will be far narrower on the Mini. It's going to be a far different experience than your Plus. You might like it more of course. But still much different.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
That’s quite a big size difference!
Yeah it definitely is. Been on the regular sized X and 11 Pro but even that isn’t quite small enough for 1 handed use. So I feel like my options are to either go to the Mini and get a true 1 handed phone or embrace having a 2 handed device and get the best possible. I have had the the Plus size in the 6 and 6S days, so I know what I am getting into. It’s not my preferred phone size, but I can manage it. Really bummed that Apple has once again reverted to only giving the phablet phone the best camera. I thought we were done with that after the iPhone 8.

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
The perfect size iPhone. Cannot wait to order this.

Coming from a 7 Plus, I won't be losing much screen size and it'll still be a huge upgrade, plus it'll fit nicely in my pocket unlike my current phone
Then why did you buy the 7 plus back then??
The mini is too small for me and the battery too weak.
And I never get why some people want to use their phone with one hand so often? What are you doing with your other hand? :)

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
Yeah it definitely is. Been on the regular sized X and 11 Pro but even that isn’t quite small enough for 1 handed use. So I feel like my options are to either go to the Mini and get a true 1 handed phone or embrace having a 2 handed device and get the best possible. I have had the the Plus size in the 6 and 6S days, so I know what I am getting into. It’s not my preferred phone size, but I can manage it. Really bummed that Apple has once again reverted to only giving the phablet phone the best camera. I thought we were done with that after the iPhone 8.
You realize there are limitations because of the small size don’t you?
Unbelievable..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.