First iPhone X Unboxing Images and Videos Shared Online

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 30, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Although the iPhone X has yet to launch anywhere in the world, Benjamin Geskin over the weekend began tweeting images and videos of the smartphone being unboxed for the first time, as well as a few pictures of the device preparing for shipment. Images of the iPhone X's retail packaging appeared on Apple's website following its announcement in September, but we haven't yet been able to catch a glimpse of the inside of the box.

[​IMG]

In the first few Tweets, Geskin shared images of the iPhone X stacked and ready to ship, and you can catch more glimpses of the side of the packaging in a separate video. Unlike the iPhone 8's rear-focus cover art, the iPhone X packaging depicts the smartphone's large OLED display.

Geskin then Tweeted a link to Instagram user abraham950, who posted a brief unboxing video of the iPhone X. The video shows that the first thing you see when you open the box is Apple's "Designed by Apple in California" information packet, and below that sits the iPhone X itself.

A post shared by Abraham Rodriguez (@abraham950) on Oct 28, 2017 at 12:54pm PDT ​

In another Tweet, images were shared from an Instagram post that has now been deleted, showcasing a Silver iPhone X from Europe in the process of being unboxed.

[​IMG]

One mobile retailer in Dubai has also received the iPhone X, with a user posting an Instagram video of the package as well as a quick shot of the setup screen and back of the device. In a video shared by the Instagram account @theapplehub, a user in Milan, Italy provided a glimpse at the setup process (which is impossible to complete right now because the device can't be activated yet), and zoomed in on the vertical dual-lens camera of the iPhone X.

As we near launch day on Friday, November 3, even more in-depth unboxing videos of the iPhone X will appear online as users in New Zealand and Australia begin receiving their devices. The first wave of iPhone X reviews also began arriving online today, including original iPhone reviewer Steven Levy's impressions of the device.

Article Link: First iPhone X Unboxing Images and Videos Shared Online

2. asdavis10 macrumors 6502

asdavis10

3. hlevolve macrumors regular

hlevolve

I'm glad I ordered the silver color. Been ordering black for years. Nice to change it up a bit. Ready for Friday!

4. IntrovertedWaves macrumors newbie

IntrovertedWaves

5. asdavis10 macrumors 6502

asdavis10

I usually order black or space gray. Ordered both colors for the X. Will open and see which I like more and then sell the other.

6. udayan81 macrumors regular

The silver one looks really shiny. Feel I made the right decision ordering the silver one. Hope it looks as good in hand. :)

7. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

that's at least $20,000 worth of iphones from those two images

8. RamGuy macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

Well its the least "silver" we have gotten in years as its black on the front :p

9. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Me first me first!

I love how the rush to Unboxing videos is a thing now. Still haven’t watched a single one, except for the times where it is auto played after I watch a true review.

10. udayan81 macrumors regular

Not black when it's turned on, since it's edge to edge ..almost :p

11. djeeyore25 macrumors 6502

djeeyore25

I fully expect to open the box and have a Jonathan Ive video playing on the screen.

12. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Retail, at least. No telling what the actual costs are.

In on page one.

13. Nick A macrumors regular

This is exciting! Looking forward to more hands-on videos and media reviews this week.

Friday can’t come soon enough!

14. AEdouard macrumors regular

Went with the space grey. Liked the look of the Silver one better naked, but I feel the darker sides will look better in a case, more seamless anyway.

15. oliversl macrumors 65816

Can get pass the camera bump, I try, but I can't. Its really ugly

16. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

So....these retailers are just opening up phones for their display models?

17. madeinjersey macrumors newbie

madeinjersey

I think these are Chinese clones. Didn't they remove everything from the back but the Apple logo and iPhone?

18. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

AaronM5670

They did in the US - EU countries still have regulatory info on the back.

19. Danbrown521 macrumors regular

Not for European models. Still required

20. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

21. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

While I don't think the X is the right phone for me, I'm eager to get a look at one and see how it fits in my hand. Just a few more days to go....

22. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Yes... Friday can't come soon enough, and very glad I've picked the GORGEOUS silver model. So beautiful.

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

24. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

I am very glad I ordered the silver.

I’m trying to not watch any unboxing videos this year as I want to be fully surprised but I may not be able to lol

25. Eadfrith macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

About $25,000 of phone sitting on that table.