Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
His last line says it all:

"It'll be worth it when every app supports 3D Touch, but by then you'll be buying an iPhone 7"

I'm getting a 6S+ but still, That's very true. More than any other S feature, 3D Touch has the ability to actually improve the way you work. Many of us have Force Touch already on the Watch or new MacBooks and rarely use it because of how uneven the support for it is. So it's going to be hard to make that action a new muscle memory of it doesn't work on all your iOS devices or even on most of your key phone apps.

But still. Best Phone Ever is good enough for me and I'm ready to be their Guinea pig.

Reactions: koigirl

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
iOS 9 still looks pretty slow even with the A9 CPU and the Note 5's CPU beats the A9 in multicore score, but the A9 beats it with Single Core, (too bad Apps don't run on single cores anymore these days)

from thick thicker phone and heavier and odd design I'm glad I skipped this version The Resale Value will Tank in 10 months. Since its virtualy identical to last years.

And once the redesigned iPhone 7 releases no one will want a 6 or 6s

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
I'm also waiting for the 7s (plus) but getting the 6s Plus to aid me through the next two years.

I hear ya. I'll probably follow suit anyway only because of the ram issues and the fact that I will have destroyed this phone by then...

Reactions: DeApp1e

msmyth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Southampton
iOS 9 still looks pretty slow even with the A9 CPU and the Note 5's CPU beats the A9 in multicore score, but the A9 beats it with Single Core, (too bad Apps don't run on single cores anymore these days)

from thick thicker phone and heavier and odd design I'm glad I skipped this version The Resale Value will Tank in 10 months. Since its virtualy identical to last years.

That's right. Keep trying to justify your decision. lol

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
I think it was mostly a grudgingly positive review despite the overall tone. Looking forward to Friday.

Psyfuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2014

I disagree, resale for 5S didn't dramatically change after the launch of the 6 despite being an older design. And whilst the 6s is thicker, 0.2mm certainly isn't a deal breaker - it's imperceivable if you haven't directly got an iPhone 6 to compare to in hand.

No doubt the 7 will be better, but the 7s will be better than that and so on. You spend your whole life waiting it'll end up passing you by.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.