Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you purchasing 12 or 12 Pro

• Yes

Votes: 77 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I think I may hold out for a 120 Hz screen. Also maybe more efficient 5G chip down the road.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
i question the OP's authenticity; after owing no less than 9 iPhones they find the iPhone 12 uniquely sub optimal?
Not likely. More like they've seen this thread posted every time a new phone is announced and want the attention/to have their name attached to such a controversial, high-reply generating thread.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Wait this is the first time someone has been disappointed in an Apple launch? Does no one remember the Xs launch? Literally, nothing changed between the x and xs except the "new size".

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Bigger display. 5G. Smaller bezel. Faster CUP. Faster GPU. Much faster Neural engine. LiDAR for better night photo and AR. Faster Image Signal Processor (ISP). Much better camera especially in low light (especially pro max). New 7 Lens camera. 43% Bigger sensor for the wide lens. (pro max). New refined (old) design with stainless band. And MagSafe! I really think it is a decent release.

Like every year? Lol

Citing upgraded specs is nothing. It's literally the same every year. The only real big difference, form factor. 5G is a joke. It's a ploy to get people to upgrade to something they don't need, yet will pay for. Verizon is a shill this year. Nobody needs 5G. Nobody. Anyone that says they do, is lying.

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
2a65a8aa7cde2b9ec70da61ee9c403e8.jpg

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Since there is no iPhone 11S, you could say the 12 is an S for guts while a change to the body design language for everything else. The form factor has remained the same since the 6/X, with a few revisions. The design language was laid out for us with the iPad Pro, so in a way they re spreding the design language, as aposed to reinstating the iPhone 4. Sure the net result is the same, but the angle of attack is different.

While a studio photographer wouldn't considerer the current specs for the iPhone. Part of the appeal is it's lightness and rugged design. This is a lot like the GoPro on the run instead of a DSLR. You take the tools you need for the job, not specifically because of marketing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.