First Windows Core 2 Duo Laptops Released

BenRoethig

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Dubuque, Iowa
I predict Apple will update from Core 1 to Core 2 within eight days. The only changes beside the CPU is perhaps a doubling of video memory on the iMac and MBPs.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I hope we see a MBP upgrade soon. I'm getting restleless since I'm getting a new one as soon as they're updated. My 17" 1ghz PB is starting to show it's age :) .

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
if apple wants to stay competivie, they need to release updates tomorrow.. not wait for paris but tomorrow. Plus i can order a new iMac this week and still get my free ipod nano :D

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
God I want a 15" Merom MBP, but I need to get rid of my MB first, and I want iLife '07 in them. I can't wait for Leopard. Please Steve, read it...:D

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
I expect to see a speed bump across the entire range (excluding the Mac Pro) within the coming weeks.

BenRoethig

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Dubuque, Iowa
~Shard~ said:
Yeah, we all knew this was coming. It will be interesting to see how quickly Apple responds to its competition and follows suit. Hopefully very soon, I'm eager to see what exactly Apple does, i.e. only updates the MBPs, updates the whole MacBook line, updates the Mini as well... :cool:

Oh, and how about some Conroe iMacs? ;) :D
I think there's a better chance of Merom iMacs. We're talking about a system in which they underclock a mobility Radeon x1600 to make it quieter. Conroe makes sense in a regular desktop, but I don’t see it happening with the iMac.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Please give us an Intel iMac tomorrow...:D

School starts on the 20th, I want that iMac!

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Eidorian said:
Did you read the guide? You're talking about the iMac Core Duo, correct?
O.K....

jholzner said:
Conroe cannot be dropped in to Yonah MB only merom.
Alright...

GFLPraxis said:
But Merom uses the same socket as Core Duos, and Conroe uses a different socket. So Conroe won't fit in your iMac.
Gotcha, Merom. Thanks guys. :)

Why so many negative votes?

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
silverblue3 said:
Assuming they release it tomorrow, would it be available at the apple store right away(not the online store)? :confused:
Unlikely. It almost always takes time for these to show up at the retail location.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
With the switch to Intel, Apple may have to provide timely upgrades to remain competitive with Windows-based PC manufacturers.
Apple isn't trying to remain competitive with anyone. :rolleyes:
Never have, never will.
They march to the beat of their own drum.

Alpinism

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2005
Interesting to see Apple's move. Traditionally with PowerPC the upgrades are more serene and not as volatile and frequent as the intels.

As a lot of Apple users are "trendy, cool consumers", they might get pissed off at these "more frequent updates" that makes their "cool investments" absolete faster. :eek:

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002
buys suggestions.....

Hello!

I was thinking of buying an intel core solo and dropping in a processor that is the best i can get for it to use it as a rendering machine.....

.... should i bother waiting for the new mac mini's or should i go ahead and buy a cheapo core solo? especially since they would be sold for much less.....

thanks,
r.

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
DJMastaWes said:
If your right i'll give you hugs untill you can''t breath!
I did say the may just announce them tomorrow, but that rumor of a large shipment coming in from overseas seems like a better indication of when they may be shipping.

Luca Boccaccini

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Ravenna, Italy
Maybe keyboard and magnetic latch?

gugy said:
wake up then, because it won't happen for awhile.
The current enclosure is very nice, so why change it?
Hi gugy,

I agree with you: MBP are really nice, but.... the Macbook's keyboard design is simply gorgeous. Clean, with those rounded corners.
Not to mention the magnetic latch.:rolleyes:

It would be a leap forward a better design. And a greater coherence through the entire -book line.

Bye!

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
gugy said:
wake up then, because it won't happen for awhile.
The current enclosure is very nice, so why change it?
I do agree that the look of the current enclosure is great, and it's doubtful we'll get a change to the look of the enclosure anytime soon. However, I can see them changing the enclosure to match up more with what the regular MB allows, i.e. easy access to the HDD bay so users can swap out hard drives ease. Now that would be nice.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
freeny said:
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.

It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
ditto.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
bigbossbmb said:
I did say the may just announce them tomorrow, but that rumor of a large shipment coming in from overseas seems like a better indication of when they may be shipping.
If there annouced tomorrow that's 100% fine with me.