Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With just four days to go until the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has started decorating the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, where the event will be held.

Based on images shared on Twitter, the Convention Center is being decorated with banners, flags, and other artwork. The design Apple is using matches up with the design that was seen on the original announcements, featuring a top-down view of people in colorful outfits.

wwdc2017conventioncenter2-800x600.jpg

An entire side of the Convention Center has been covered in the design, as has the VTA station in front of the building. The artwork was created by Los Angeles artist Geoff McFettridge

wwdc2017conventioncenter1-800x600.jpg

This year's event in San Jose is the first Worldwide Developers Conference that's been held outside of the Moscone Center in San Francisco in many years. Apple expects to host about 5,000 developers, with hundreds of Apple engineers available to answer questions and host app development sessions.

wwdcconventioncenter3-800x600.jpg

The Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off on June 5 at 10:00 a.m. with a keynote event where Apple is expected to debut iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4, tvOS 11, and several hardware products, including new Mac notebooks, new iPads, and perhaps the much-rumored Siri speaker.

For the June 5 keynote, MacRumors will provide a live blog both here on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account, along with detailed coverage of everything Apple announces during the week.

Article Link: First WWDC 2017 Decorations Start Going Up at McEnery Convention Center

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I can't wait! My quick list of wants:
  • Advancements for iPad Pro operating system
  • Massive improvements for Siri, including more data sources and contextual queries
  • New iPad Pro and Siri Speaker hardware
  • Dark mode
  • Customizable control center

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Prepare for yet another disappointing WWDC.

I remember the good ol, "one more thing" days where there was actually awesome releases not just incremental improvements (new color smart covers, that cost double with no premium leather available, is an example)

Maybe I need to lower my expectations.

zhowez

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2017

With just four days to go until the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has started decorating the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, where the event will be held.

Based on images shared on Twitter, the Convention Center is being decorated with banners, flags, and other artwork. The design Apple is using matches up with the design that was seen on the original announcements, featuring a top-down view of people in colorful outfits.

wwdc2017conventioncenter2-800x600.jpg

An entire side of the Convention Center has been covered in the design, as has the VTA station in front of the building. The artwork was created by Los Angeles artist Geoff McFettridge

wwdc2017conventioncenter1-800x600.jpg

This year's event in San Jose is the first Worldwide Developers Conference that's been held outside of the Moscone Center in San Francisco in many years. Apple expects to host about 5,000 developers, with hundreds of Apple engineers available to answer questions and host app development sessions.

wwdcconventioncenter3-800x600.jpg

The Worldwide Developers Conference will kick off on June 5 at 10:00 a.m. with a keynote event where Apple is expected to debut iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4, tvOS 11, and several hardware products, including new Mac notebooks, new iPads, and perhaps the much-rumored Siri speaker.

For the June 5 keynote, MacRumors will provide a live blog both here on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account, along with detailed coverage of everything Apple announces during the week.

Article Link: First WWDC 2017 Decorations Start Going Up at McEnery Convention Center
[doublepost=1496344880][/doublepost]I think they are going introduce more ways for people connect in person. The background shows a lot of people interacting with each other in real life.

Suspended
Apr 4, 2009
Decorations look a lot crappier than what it looked like at Moscone / Bill Graham in San Francisco....C'mon Apple bring WWDC back to SF.

Reactions: Mactendo

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
View attachment 701796
I want to know what the guy in the light orange is holding. It looks like a book, but why a book? Doesn't look like a notebook because there's no darker keyboard. Wouldn't it be cool to be a folded tablet?
It's an arrow. Surely Apple will present it's first navigational device, that always points you to the location you're going to. Neat!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.