fish and chips

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Did you happen to have an alcoholic beverage or two with those fish and chips?

Reactions: rhett7660

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
WildCowboy said:
Did you happen to have an alcoholic beverage or two with those fish and chips?
:D I think he's maybe, just a wee little drunk :p

haha, drink a lot of water tonight to help with that hangover.

I want to quote just in case he sobers up and edits the OP :p
OutThere said:
gues what i had fr dinnr/

why re they sooooooo goodd????

Reactions: LizKat

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
They look great! :p

(if you are coherent enough to read this, add a g to the image tag ;) )

I also second the water drinking advice. It might help with the head tomorrow if you're lucky.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
As I sit here eating some odd combination or rice, chicken, and peppers that sounds unbelivably delicious.

Ah well. Soon those chips and fish will be mine! ALL MINE!

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I wish I had fish and chips for dinner. I had a blah dinner tonight.

Sunday night I had fried soft shelled crabs, and wow were they amazing!

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
max_altitude said:
(if you are coherent enough to read this, add a g to the image tag ;) )
At least he has an excuse. While sober, I quite regularly try to close [quote] with [/url] and vice-versa. :eek:

Anyways, yes, fish and chips are awesome, and a staple of the New England diet (especially during Lent).
CorvusCamenarum said:
We had fish (smoked salmon), but no chips. I miss real fish and chips; it just seems no one stateside can really do it right.
That's because you're too far south. You need to come up north, to Ye Olde Fish & Chips in Woonsocket, RI. Only open Thurs-Fri. :D

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
CorvusCamenarum said:
We had fish (smoked salmon), but no chips. I miss real fish and chips; it just seems no one stateside can really do it right.

Last time that I had fish and chips was at college when we were celebrating St. George's Day- it was delicious! :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
Looks like beer-battered fish and chips. Something was battered with beer, at least.

You have to love them, even though they're not very popular around Orlando. They were more popular in the U.S.A. in the 1970s with shops popping up everywhere.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Had the best Fish&Chips in New Zealand... forget the name of the town, but near Sandspit, about an hour north of Auckland on the East side of the island... Yummmmmmm

Second best, takeaway in London's West End, sorta near that coffee shop that doubles as a sextoy shop.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
gwuMACaddict said:
Had the best Fish&Chips in New Zealand... forget the name of the town, but near Sandspit, about an hour north of Auckland on the East side of the island... Yummmmmmm

Second best, takeaway in London's West End, sorta near that coffee shop that doubles as a sextoy shop.
It's funny how the worst fish and chips I had was when I lived in England. The best I ever had was in London as well.

And I love it when fish and chips have a light batter that doesn't really taste oily, but you know it's probably oily enough to kill you if you have 4 more. :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
gwuMACaddict said:
Had the best Fish&Chips in New Zealand...
You see? I've said it before... always freshly-cooked on the spot. Best greasies in the world. English (well London) fish and chips pale by comparison... not that I'm biased or anything.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
EricNau said:
18 ...and drunk? :eek:

They sure do start early these days. :p
18? That's late. 18 is the legal age here, most of us start at the dinner table around 14.

I had the best fish and chips in St Kilda, just outside of Melbourne. Ultra-fresh fish, light, tasty batter and big fat chips done to perfection.

droooollllll......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.