Fitbit to Apple Watch transition

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jjk454ss, Apr 22, 2015.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm sure lots if people will say "who cares", but I know some of you are thinking like me. I've used a Fitbit for some time, do I've got my steps recorded. Has anyone found a solution to keep them when switching to the Apple Watch. I'm ok with manually entering the last 4 months worth, just not sure how I can keep the info from Fitbit.

Anyone have a solution? Or idea they are going to use?

2. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Does the fitbit feed into the iOS Health app?

3. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

IIRC, Fitbit claimed a while back that they would not be integrating with HealthKit. If they changed their stance then, I don't know it.

4. gladd06 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat... found this in a post a week or so back.. haven't tried it yet though.

http://syncsolver.com/

5. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

SYNC SOLVER gets your Fitbit data into the HEALTH app. Apple Watch also dumps your data into the Health app.

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Sync Solver only goes back 7 days, at least it used to anyway. I'd like at least from January 1st.

7. lique831 macrumors regular

Thanks!!

8. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

PROTIP: Wear both the Fitbit and the Watch and you'll burn calories twice as fast.

9. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

No, and it is a great reason why everyone should stop using their FitBits.

I get that they made a business decision designed to insulate themselves from market pressures, but they alienated their user base as a result. It might have been forgivable if their app and data were superb, but they're not great at all.

I give them a year or two before they're sell off the company.

10. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Wow. I didn't realize that. I haven't purchased it yet but was hoping it would sync all of it (1.5 years).

Either way I'm ready to divorce my Fitbit!

11. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just tried Sync Solver again, it seems like they've got it to sync all data again, and they gave a new app to sync from HealthKit to Fitbit, so I guess we should be able to get data from the Apple Watch into the Fitbit dashboard which is a little better than the Health app.

Anyone know how step tracking is hoping to work with the Apple a Watch and the iPhone? They both track steps, I'm sure it won't double the data, but will it know if I'm walking with the phone and jog the watch to use that data, but if I turn wear the watch and have the phone on me it will use the watch data? Or will I gave to choose one if the other in Health?

Or is the Apple Watch going to keep steps in the Apple Watch app and not in the Health app unless you give it access? Turn your stuck using one of the other, phone or watch.

----------

It did go back farther, I replaced my phone a week ago, so I had no data in Health before that, I just synced with Sync Solver and it goes back to last year when I got my Fitbit:).

12. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

13. dandrewk macrumors 6502

Why would you want to use both?

I've had a FitBit One for over two years, and have rarely been without it. When I get the Apple Watch, I'll wear both for a few days just to see how they compare with step counts. I suspect they will be very close. If so, I won't wear the FitBit anymore.

Bummer part here is that I am real close to a couple of new achievements (7 million steps), and I don't think the Apple Watch tracks floors climbed.

14. lique831 macrumors regular

I might actually keep wearing my Fitbit. I really like the social aspect of it (friends, challenges) and I would be missing that with the Apple watch.

15. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

I see people around the office wearing a watch on one arm, and a fitbit on the other.

16. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I assume that the social components are slated for the next major version of the watch OS. It seems an obvious next step.

17. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm not sure I'll use both, but I'm the same way with the social aspects. I have fun competing with my Fitbit friends who are not going to but an Apple Watch.

I think I'm going to get a Fitbit One or Zip to keep on my belt.

18. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Did they make that decision? Genuinely curious, I wondered who broke up with whom in that situation, especially after Apple stopped carrying Fitbit products for retail.

(I'll be ebaying my Fitbit one.)

19. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

And this is exactly why I am moving away from their products.

I am very annoyed that I have to use a 3rd party app to sync my scale to HealthKit.

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

If Health to FitBit works, then I would imagine this would work to keep up the social aspect of the FitBit app. Has anyone tried H to F?

21. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yes, FitBit made the decision.

22. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I'm a longtime Fitbit user, but I've washed or lost several, and once the Apple Watch was announced, my heart wasn't in it anymore. I haven't put mine on in ages.

23. dandrewk macrumors 6502

It was blazingly stupid for FitBit to not support the Health app. There is zero downside to it, as the app does nothing to compete with their product line. In fact, it ENHANCES it.

It's hard to believe this is anything but a colossal mistake on their part, one they will regret.

24. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Actually, iPhone 6/6 Plus already do that on their own!

25. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

Yes, it's called Flight Climbed and since Watch has built-in gyroscope it will count climbs too.

[​IMG]