Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
There are currently only 10 US states and territories with mask mandates with or without vaccination.
You’re right. So that’s millions of people affected. Not to mention the rest of the world. (I’ve seen whole cities in China wearing masks…and that was well before this pandemic.)

Also, don’t assume just because YOU don’t care about something that it not a big deal.

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
There are currently only 10 US states and territories with mask mandates with or without vaccination.
State mandates are irrelevant. Schools are adding them in droves and lots of stores have begun to require masks again... plus airplanes, every medical facility in the country.... there are still lots of masks, and lots of people who are voluntarily wearing them because they actually value science over conspiracy theory.

I'd just like them to fix Face ID unlock with Apple watch. It works 1 out of 10 times if I'm lucky.

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
to me those colours are not appealing at all, they better add something else
People be acting like these are the real colors :) I sure hope the real ones arent these though.

I don't like the bronze they rendered, and the current gold is a bit too light (thought I like it a lot).... but I think something in the middle would be sweet AF. Anything but another version of Rose Gold.

Reactions: Guacamole

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
One missing rumor is no TOUCH ID under the glass with mask mandates on the rise, so once again Apple's phones will be the least functional during a pandemic and I'm going to pass on buying again. Thank You Timmy! At least Steve Jobs admitted when something failed or didn't work in the wild the way he expected. He famously didn't base his designs on consumer demand, but when something didn't work as he expected, he was quick to fix it. Timmy is stuck in the basement doubling down on epic failures hell or high water that he still thinks are brilliant. Sorry Tim, you didn't design "Insanely Great." You just inherited it.

I have an Apple Watch. It usually unlocks my iPhone. Plus, I'm an adult and don't put strange things in my mouth, and have Purell, or other suitable juices at the ready. I mean, aside from my nails splitting a lot, the whole pandemic has been rather frightening, but I've managed pretty well. I don't let people touch anything that I use daily, and I wiped everything down too. I avoided businesses that refused to take it seriously, and did my best when there wasn't an alternative.

'Timmy' is fine. And, sorry, many things were failures under jobs, that survived. The next wave is about to hit the country. We see it coming, and some people are doing nothing to prepare for it. We can survive this one again if we just stay calm, stay safe, get vaccinated, and stay away from other people. There were no 'epic failures' from Apple. Just chill...

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
You might know that there is a whole world of states and countries where Apple sells more iPhones combined than in the US. And there still are a lot of countries that ask for mandatory mask.

Without touchID I am gonna refurbish my XR - Apple your are loosing the grip. Still cannot understand that the haven't been able to adjust FaceID to mask wearing people. Should be simple. Its more than a year now that billions of users are using masks

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
What’s more appealing than black? Do colors even matter. Everyone puts a case over it anyways

Someone was whining about color choices at a Worst Try store, but their current iPhone had an Otterbox case on it. Well, the case covers all but the thin area around the screen, and the lenses, and it's traditionally been either black, or white. My 10X Max startled me when I pried the case off of it. I had forgotten it was gold. Interesting... What a surprise. And I had just listed it on ebay. It was a beautiful iPhone. Almost hated selling it.

Cases hide a lot. I think I got more for the color, and for it being in a case its whole life. Hmm...

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
You might know that there is a whole world of states and countries where Apple sells more iPhones combined than in the US. And there still are a lot of countries that ask for mandatory mask.

Without touchID I am gonna refurbish my XR - Apple your are loosing the grip. Still cannot understand that the haven't been able to adjust FaceID to mask wearing people. Should be simple. Its more than a year now that billions of users are using masks

They did. Get an Apple Watch. Well, yeah... It does work, pretty well, and I figure, if no one couches, or licks my iPhone, I can touch the screen and get it to wake up with my Apple Watch. They have tried to address the issues. Heck, I ride bikes a lot, and can barely recognize people I ride with nearly everyday when I see them on the street (in the wild) without their 'stuff' on. Wiping down phone screens, using the Apple Watch, using hand sanitizer, not touching your face if you think it's unwise, will do much to lessen the possibilities, but seriously, it's not a gigantic issue. What are the chances of getting infected by touching your own iPhone if no one else ever touches it? I wouldn't think it's enough to get all flustered over. People have way more chance of getting infected standing next to an infected maskless person, touching anything and then your face/mouth, etc...

Think about it for a minute: If touching your screen to enter a passcode is so traumatic, touching the touchID spot has to be just as disastrous, right? Relax... Light switches, door handles, knobs, counters, etc, are a much more ready source of infection.

Someone said nitrile gloves were 'the answer' and then someone posted a picture of a guy handling his phone with his disposable glove in his mouth. Yikes, but there it is... Be safe, but be sane...

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
They did. Get an Apple Watch. Well, yeah... It does work, pretty well, and I figure, if no one couches, or licks my iPhone, I can touch the screen and get it to wake up with my Apple Watch. They have tried to address the issues. Heck, I ride bikes a lot, and can barely recognize people I ride with nearly everyday when I see them on the street (in the wild) without their 'stuff' on. Wiping down phone screens, using the Apple Watch, using hand sanitizer, not touching your face if you think it's unwise, will do much to lessen the possibilities, but seriously, it's not a gigantic issue. What are the chances of getting infected by touching your own iPhone if no one else ever touches it? I wouldn't think it's enough to get all flustered over. People have way more chance of getting infected standing next to an infected maskless person, touching anything and then your face/mouth, etc...

Think about it for a minute: If touching your screen to enter a passcode is so traumatic, touching the touchID spot has to be just as disastrous, right? Relax... Light switches, door handles, knobs, counters, etc, are a much more ready source of infection.

Someone said nitrile gloves were 'the answer' and then someone posted a picture of a guy handling his phone with his disposable glove in his mouth. Yikes, but there it is... Be safe, but be sane...

Sorry to not agree with you. Last week friend of mine got his Xr Stolen, they used Special light Equipment to Check Which Numbers he has Marked more than others and figured out his code. Opened his phone and emptied his bank Account. All not so easy with a working FaceID on a 1000 dólar phone.

Second: so you Tell me to be able tu use my phone without having to Type the Code I Need to spend another 400 Bucks for a Watch I don’t like.

Why in Gods Name can’t Apple adapt Faceid to recognize my face with Mask on or give me the Choice to do the Same with touchid

I am no worried about contaminación I am about Security and easyness to handle my phone cause thats what I paid for

• Disagree
Reactions: KeithBN and NetMage

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Sorry to no agree with you. Last week friend of mine got his Xr Stolen, they used Special light Equipment to Check Which Numbers he has Marked more than others and figured out his code. Opened his phone and emptied his bank Account. All not so easy with a working FaceID on a 1000 dólar phone.

Second: so you Tell me to be able tu use my phone without having to Type the Code I Need to spend another 400 Bucks for a Watch I don’t like.

Why in Gods Name can’t Apple adapt Faceid to recognize my face with Mask on or give me the Choice to do the Same with touchid

How would you know they used “special light equipment“ unless you were there when the thieves did it?

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
This is just the evolution year, but I think it's going to be reaaaally compelling.

Reactions: NetMage

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
I thought there were rumors of them bringing portrait style Bokah effect on video mode, which makes complete sense as S years tend to focus on camera quality. Or are we trying to keep low expectations so that there could be splashy headlines on announcement day?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.