folderenhancer upgrade to 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

what are yall doing if you have folderenhancer now and have upgraded to 4.1 and jb? did you install infinfolders in the meantime?

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

FolderEnhancer is the ONLY package I use that I am waiting for to be iOS 4.1 compatible. All the others are either compatible of I don't care about not having them.

I could go to Infinifolders and not wait. One more messed up call due to the proximity sensor on my iPhone 4 could be the final straw.

S-

3. NEvolution macrumors regular

+1

All I'm waiting for is FolderEnhancer to be updated to 4.1 also.

Luckily I don't have the proximity issue so I'll wait till they update it.

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

The dev said it will be ready at end of October
    Why so long?
    I hate infinifolders now it takes too long to open
    (compared to FE)

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I had infinifolders at first until folderenhancer and I can't imagine installing it again. I'm just waiting for the update at the end of the month.

My springboard can be messy for a couple of weeks.:eek:

6. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so im guessing after i install 4.1 my springboard will be a mess since everything we be out of folders. awwww. i have over 100 apps

7. nabechu macrumors 6502

I just went back to infinifolders, uninstalling it as soon as folderenhancer is updated

8. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

9. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I had to make a choice, proximity sensor issues or folderenhancer. The sensor issue was causing so much greif I had to upgrade. Jailbreak is working great but I miss FolderEnhancer, can't wait until it is 4.1 compatible.

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I made the temporary move back to Infinifolders too.

11. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I upgraded and am just waiting for it and RemoveBG to be updated.

12. atlbuc macrumors member

I switched from RemoveBG to MultiCleaner, a little more functionality for me.

13. jt999 macrumors regular

I upgraded to 4.1 and used limera1n for my JB (Mac).
    I had FolderEnhancer installed and had placed a number of less used System icons on the "second page" of my folders.

I realize now that I should have uninstalled FolderEnhancer before the JB/Restore from backup, because all of my "second page" icons are now missing. I suspect that when I am able to reinstall the FolderEnhancer upgrade to 4.1 they will reappear on the second page.

Until then, is there any way to get the icons back before FolderEnhancer is updated, without restoring/reinstalling everything from scratch?

Thanks.

14. spacefiesta macrumors newbie

does anyone know if foldersinfolders works on 4.1? I can live with 4.1 if I have infinifolder + foldersinfolders (Though I will miss the pages feature that folderenhancer brings along with it)

15. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Okay, late last night in a weak moment I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 using Tiny Umbrella. At least I was smart enough to perserve the unlockable basedband.

The ONLY package from my previous setup that is not compatible is FolderEnhancer. I own a license for Infinifolders so I am using that instead.

Infinifolders is good...but I cannot believe how much I miss the speed and elegance of FolderEnhancer with MultiIconMover. The difference is night and day.

I am kind of glad that I have to run Infinifolders for a while. It makes me appreciate FolderEnhancer all that much more.

Now if ashikase would just hurry up and make FolderEnhancer compatible with iOS 4.1!!

S-

16. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

im impatiently waiting for this to get update! i cant stand infinifolder for lagging so much when opening a folder with a lot of apps.

when folderenhancer updates, do i have to uninstall infinifolder first? will my apps get spit out of folders when i install the new update?

17. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I know. I hate how slow Infinifolders is and I prefer the FolderEnhancer user interface.

I am keeping my folders populated with no more than 16 icons. I seem to remember that FolderEnhancer does not deal well with more than 4 rows of icons. Anything on the fifth row is still there, but you can't get to them.

S-

18. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

cant wait. it looks so nice and works wonderfully

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset home screen layout.

20. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Have you done this in this situation or are you just throwing this out there?

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've never used folderenhancer, so I've not been in this exact situation. (I just opened this thread hoping it was an announcement that folderenhancer has been updated for 4.1, because I very much like to give it a try) However, this method has worked previously with icons hidden by poof, sbsettings, or categories. It's a case of "can't hurt to try."

22. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Cool. Well, I loved Infinfolders but dropped it when FE came out. I am definitely waiting for the 4.1 update to FE before I update my iOS to 4.1.

23. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

Gret thread. Another reason for me to wait before I upgrade to 4.1. Folderenhancer ia awesome.

24. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Same here. I would not have updated but I had another call hang up because of the proximity sensor and it was the last straw.

S-

25. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I'm with you on the prox sensor, it's the whole reason I upgraded, but I sure do miss FE.