For Guys With ipads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eager Beaver, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

How can you even look at the iphone's tiny 3.5" screen after looking at an ipad?
    I would be totally screwed if I even played with an ipad for a couple hours.

I've been wanting to get one, but how do u guys use your iphones after using ur ipads?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    The brain is rather magical in how it adjusts.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Most people probably don't carry their iPads with them as much as they do their iPhones. Therefore, most people I think, are used to it. My iPhone is just fine and I use it all the time.

5. mooseknuckles macrumors member

I don't! Galaxy Nexus and iPad both with unlimited data go with me almost everywhere. Best of both worlds.

6. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I have my iPad with me most of the time. I use it alot in class. after long use I find it weird going back to surfing the web on my iphone. but they are completely different devices.

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I use both, have zero issues. They both fulfill very different needs.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Can't say I like using my iPhone, but there are times when the iPad is simply too big to carry. At those times, I'm glad I have my iPhone, so I have *something* I can use.

9. mantic macrumors 6502a

10. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Actually to be completely honest I've been using my iPad a lot less since getting an iPhone. Sure there are certain things I would only do on an iPad but I'm surprised at how much I get accomplished on this little device.:)

11. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The only reason I bought the iPhone 4S is because I want to stay current & I've had every one since the beginning.

I keep it as a backup or secondary phone due to the tiny display.

My primary phone is my Samsung S II with it's spacious and beautiful 4.3" display. It's so much nicer for web work & email. Not to mention all the other goodies like widgets and such. Battery life is as good or better than the iaphone 4 I had, overall it's a great experience.

It would be nice to see Apple catch up on display size and get rid of the slab sided design & fragile glass. I'm still a serious Apple enthusiast when their products are right.

12. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

Iphones are great on the bog. Ipads, not so much.

13. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, size matters.......oh wait, we're talking phones! Nevermind! :D

14. Dainin macrumors regular

I just carry my iPad with me everywhere. I find I use my iPhone a lot less. I do use it for quick things, but if I'm doing anything substantial, I pull out my iPad.

15. paule123 macrumors newbie

16. Skika macrumors 68030

For guys with iMacs/MacBooks

How can you even look at the iPad's tiny 9.7" screen after looking at an iMac or MBP?

:confused:

17. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Dirty girl! :D

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Doing the Internet on the iPhone . . . well it leaves me wanting a bigger screen!

GS2 and iPad 2 3G is good for me.

19. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I find both have their purpose. I generally have my iPad with me 99% of the time and have no problem taking it out of my bag and using it wherever I find myself. The 1% of the time that I find myself using the iPhone is for a quick text, look up a phone number, use the calculator, or something similar.

I love my iPhone 4S and my iPad 1. I look forward to upgrading to the iPad 3 when it comes out, though.

20. foiden macrumors 6502a

Pretty much the same way I can use a phone after using a small laptop. I just don't carry my iPad everywhere I'd take my phone. So using the phone is more or less something of convenience, when I'm away from my iPad. Or I'm doing something really quick and not so important for big-screen use and the phone is closer.

I just typically don't carry much handheld assets on me, unless they can conceal in a typical pocket.

21. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I find the iphone's high resolution makes the small screen less of an issue. I can comfortably get my news fix via rss feeds and other news apps without having to squint, and with just the flourish of a few fingers. :)

22. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

never owned an iphone, i got my ipad in may of 2011, got a trial iphone to use for a few weeks last month and i'm in agreement with you. the iphone is fine for making calls, playing music, and very short emails, and for rather limited web browsing but i find the screen to be too small for any medium or heavier internet use, longer emails, or even reading ebooks. the retina display isn't that much of an enhancement because the screen is just too small.

happy with my ipad, don't see myself getting an iphone for a very long time, if at all.

23. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I carry both my iPhone and iPad with me at all times. My iPad is a wifi only model as I can always add tethering to my phone plan if the need arose. While I'm out and about and not in a hotspot, anything that needs internet is done on my iPhone. Anything else is done on my iPad. I don't feel I have any trouble switching between the two. I get The Daily on my iPad, which loads up automatically every morning as well as Wired, Engadget Distro, etc. And I have a lot of awesome games as well. I would say even in non-internet areas, I am still on my iPad a lot more than my iPhone.

I will say that when I'm at home or in some other wifi hotspot, I will ALWAYS grab my iPad before my iPhone. At home, my iPhone is reserved for non-iMessage texting, phone calls, and Home Sharing when we plug it into the iHome. (We also have an iPod Classic and an iPod Touch for that purpose).

So I guess my preferred device is usually the iPad, but the iPhone's retina display is so awesome, I don't mind being on the smaller screen. I still love the hell out of my iPhone 4.

24. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

That is the reason I can't watch a movie on a TV anymore...I've seen them at theaters and the screens are so large.

And also the reason why after going to the beach for vacation and realizing my regular home is "boring" that I needed to do something. I decided to ultra heat the basement, and pour sand over the entire floor. I have a built-in small pool I can get into as well. I've replaced the overhead flourescent lighting with tanning bed lights, this gives off extra heat and gives me a tan year-round. On top of all that I play beach sound effects and have parrots and lorikeets (I know they aren't seagulls but they are good birds to mimic that warm, tropical feel) as a way to immerse myself in the be achy/vacation theme.

25. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

So you must be smoking that high quality medicinal marijuana.
    Is it legal in your state, or do you sneak it?