For People Who Said 5.5 Inch Screen Is Too Big

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Konvictz macrumors regular

Well, clearly it isnt because galaxy note has sold well and iphone 6 plus has had unbelievable demand.

Get over the facts that most people want big phones.

And why on earth were most people hoping there would be no 5.5 inch version?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Maybe get over the fact that it's too big for some of us and we don't care what other people get?

5. Ashtar macrumors regular

What is there to get over? i don't care if you like the bigger phone or not...it's your choice. :confused:

It is too big for me. I don't like it, so I didn't get it. I got the 4.7 inch. It was my choice, just as it is your choice to get the 5.5

There is nothing to "get over." This was a useless thread.

6. Ayr macrumors 6502

Pinched my mate's iPad mini last year for a trip and it fit inside my back jeans pockets and my inner jacket pocket.

6+ won't be a problem at all.

7. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah galaxy note would have stopped selling if it didnt fit it people's pocket.

Plus I borrowed a friend's galaxy note 3 and tried it in my pocket and it fit pretty much good.

I think the iphone 6 plus is probably getting close to the maximum size phone for me. Phones like galaxy mega and sony xperia z ultra are too mad.

But apple should release 6 and 7 inch screen iphonee because a lot of people would still buy them, I wouldnt go that far though.

Apple just need to get rid of the bezels for iphone 7 plus, so we'l get a 5.8 inch screen whilst keeping the same size.

8. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

I agree. Some people don't want the plus. With that said, for those posters, we don't care why your chose of the 4.7 is better, beats the plus, or why it's perfect for my hand. So posters shut up about the 4.7 as well. With that said, 9/19 can't come any quicker for my iphone 6 plus 64GB

9. Dave245 macrumors 601

I'm really considering the 5.5" however with pre-orders having slipped to 3-4 weeks i'm going to wait until i can see both models in store and then decide.

If it fits in my jeans pocket then i would get the 5.5" for me portability is important because i commute a lot. However battery life is also important.

With regards to the battery life of the 5.5" from what Apple quoted at the keynote, does that equal to better battery life, or because of the screen being bigger will it end up working out to be the same battery life as the 6? it will be interesting to see what battery life people will be getting with their 5.5" iPhone's.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I had oneplus one which is slightly smaller that 6 plus. Only "issue" I had was gym/basketball shorts with generally not as deep pockets.

Also dress shirts. Phone stuck out of pocket so much it was arkward.

Still got 6 plus though.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I get what works for me and let others do the same. There is no one phone that will meet everyone's requirements.

12. cynics macrumors G3

You are defending your decision by comparing to a similar size device.

A device that is notoriously traded in due to its size (I bought a Note 3 and I was the 3rd owner and then I sold it so its at least on owner 4 now).

A device that doesn't sell as well as Galaxy counterpart the S series.

A device that is categorized in the 'phablet' class due to its size.

A device that a lot of people purchased for its waccom digitizer with its note taking and drawing abilities with its built in s-pen.

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I'm a guy but I was one of the very few males I've met in 11 months of weekly travel with a Note 3. I did however meet many, many women with one. I think women like it because they have purses.

14. cube macrumors G5

Maybe the screen is not too big.

But the bezels are.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's more to it than just fitting in the pocket (which is easily accomplished unless you wear really tight jeans). You have to content with the extra bulk in the pocket and possibly the loss of one-handed use that we've gotten accustomed to in our daily use.

16. MrX8503 macrumors 68000

Most people aren't buying phablets.

17. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

It's too big for me, so I didn't buy one. It's simply a matter of opinion.

18. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I had a note 3 before jumping back to my iPhone 5s after iOS 8 beta released, never had a problem with the Note 3 but i was looking at the dimensions and the iPhone 6 plus is bigger with a smaller screen :eek: i do remember that in some jeans i have the note 3 was sticking out lol but it didn't bother me; i can see quite a lot of people will be surprised.

19. applebro macrumors member

If I can fit any phone in my pocket, I use that as an indicator that I need to do more squats and legpress

20. Ayr macrumors 6502

It's not what they're buying, it's what they're going to buy.

Barclays projected sales of phablets rising from 27 million in 2012 to 230 million in 2015.

Source.

Tablet sales slumping, phablet sales growing.

People realising one device is cheaper and less weighty/bulky than two, and screen size is the compromise they're increasingly prepared to make.

21. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly.

Taking iphone out, majority of phone sales now have screen sizes 5 inch or above.

22. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I was wondering if a phablet would cut down on my need for a tablet. That's why I ordered the big iPhone 6+.

23. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It won't.

[​IMG]

24. Ayr macrumors 6502

It will.

Lots of people realised that already. Me too.

25. cube macrumors G5

That's why I switched from an iPad 1 to a Galaxy 12.2