Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morty192

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
iRadio will be THE feature of ios7 few if any meaningful additions other than that, expect nothing more

expect nothing more!

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
iRadio will be THE feature of ios7 few if any meaningful additions other than that, expect nothing more

expect nothing more!

Agreed. Likely nothing else.

But the burning question I have is: WILL SAFARI BE "SNAPPIER"?!?!?

FFS this is the single largest issue by FAR...

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I don't think iOS7 will be massively changed.

I'm not all that concerned about it to be honest.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I don't think iOS7 will be massively changed.

I'm not all that concerned about it to be honest.

Personally, I am perfectly fine if all they do is just fine-tune existing apps and services. Apple has many great ideas, but for some reason, many don't seem to get the attention they deserve.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
MAJOR UPDATE: https://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/0...-rumored-to-have-significant-visual-makeover/

Guys, this is the second article that goes against my suspicions of iOS 7 not having a major Ive influence. According to these rumours, iOS 7 will be a major overhaul! It's also said that people who like textures in their software (skeuomorphism) will be disappointed, which really makes me happy.

We'll have to wait a bit, however; iOS 7 is running behind. Apple is apparently pulling engineers from the OS X 10.9 team to work on iOS. But hey, I don't mind the wait because, supposedly, it looks good!

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
This is the first time I'm getting excited for iOS in a long time. Even though a UI overhaul is likely (and needed) I would rather see a system overhaul instead.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Article: http://www.businessinsider.com/apples-ios-7-wont-be-a-major-overhaul-2013-3

It seems that a lot of people on here expect iOS 7 to be fresh and new due to Forstall's ouster and Ive's inclusion as part of the iOS team, but as the article linked above states, not much can be done in 6 months of product development. ?

This is from business insider who could be pulling it from their butts. They aren't software folks and don't really have a clue

We also don't know what the plans for iOS 7 were before Forstall left. There could have already been a lot of fresh and new already in the works. And to be honest changing many bits of the UI wouldn't be that hard since they are appearance based. Do enough little tweaks and it will be fresh enough for many folks.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
This is from business insider who could be pulling it from their butts. They aren't software folks and don't really have a clue

We also don't know what the plans for iOS 7 were before Forstall left. There could have already been a lot of fresh and new already in the works. And to be honest changing many bits of the UI wouldn't be that hard since they are appearance based. Do enough little tweaks and it will be fresh enough for many folks.

Yes, I've come to accept that realization now. Check post #156.

Troy598

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
Not expecting much, but I'm sure that Apple will be able to list off 100 new features again!
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
The default setting for the volume rockers are to change the ringer volume, not the media volume (unless media is playing) - so I use this shortcut quite a lot just before launching a game or something in a public place.
Agreed it should be there, maybe just another swipe along to the left.

OMG! That is brilliant! I always wished there was a way to turn down a video before I started playing it so I didn't have to cover the speaker with my hand until I got the chance to turn it down...Never even thought of this!

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
New UI could be just whats appropriate for this point in time. Better hardware also coming, however doesn't look like this round holds anything major.

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
omg! That is brilliant! I always wished there was a way to turn down a video before i started playing it so i didn't have to cover the speaker with my hand until i got the chance to turn it down...never even thought of this!

+1

viktormadarasz

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Madrid,Spain
It a very nice concept with some great ideas.I expect if not all but some of those to get its way into iOS 7.All Ive's work showed very rich meaningfull design upto the very slightest and smallest detail with always a clean undisturbing look and feel for the human eye. For me noone ever came close to the design what Apple and in particular Ive has achieved.

zmagik

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
we need quick toggles e.g turning of wifi from the multitasking bar or maybe a diffrent multitasking bar:D:D

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

I'm guessing you, I and everyone else on MR know about as much as business insider does.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
So many people are gagging for widgets, OS X had widgets for quite some time, but to be honest I don´t use them much these days. I do like them, but I hardly use them. A waste of resources it seems. Why would a phone be different? Yes we look at the first screen, but do we REALLY pay attention to the screen? We see the weather by looking out of the window, and we are to some extend aware of the time too.
Widgets are really not needed, a waste of space and processing power.

I would really love a wind speed / direction widget so I know when it's time to play hooky from work and go surfing.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
I could see them starting it so they have something new to show off with IOS7 and then continue refining and adding more in future IOS7 updates

BlueHusky

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2013
Washington DC
I wish they make a flipboard home screen like HTC.

You know? that was exactly what I was thinking..

Perhaps apple can make use of the "search bar page", the page on the left of the iPhone home screen. I feel as though that no one really uses the home screen.

I posted some info on how this could work.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1565725/

Like you said. if apple can use that space to have a live feed or a widget page. it would be awesome.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Apple just needs to "pay" Microsoft to develop (for real) an iOS version of Office. That will sell more iOS enabled devices than any silly-assed UI change.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Apple just needs to "pay" Microsoft to develop (for real) an iOS version of Office. That will sell more iOS enabled devices than any silly-assed UI change.

Microsoft doesn't want to though.

Office is probably the only good reason why someone should buy a Surface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.