For those interested in the Marware Microshell Folio...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jedolley, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jedolley macrumors 68000

Macmall and OnSale (I believe they are the same store) currently have this available for pre-order for $35. That's 50% off what Marware is asking for! At $35 this becomes an attractive option. From what I can tell from their facebook, their cases supposed to be ready by the first week of April. Granted, that may mean an order from Macmall might be the following week or two after. I have e-mailed Marware to see if they will give a more specific window for the release.

Anyways, I know some here were interested in this case, and I figured I would post and FYI on the cheaper pre-order price.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Marware-Carrying-Cases/product~dpno~8322337~pdp.gdeiijg

Attached Files:

2. string3599 macrumors newbie

Looks good. I was going to the Speck but at this price I will probably pick this up. It looks and functions like a smart cover but also has the back case.

3. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

I also noticed that Amazon has the iPad v1 Marware cases for half or less than Marware has them for sale.... Probably will be the same for iPad 2 but dont know how long it will take...

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

mare ware always has coupons, so take their prices with a grain of salt.

5. rm94quake macrumors newbie

Just so everyone knows, Macmall says they ship for free if the item is $49 or more. So if you ordered more than 1 case, you'd expect to get free shipping. After calling them on the phone, they said that the free shipping only applies to in-stock items, so the cases would not apply toward this promotion. Also, if you live in CA, they will charge sales tax.

Macmall also only gives a 14 day return policy from when they ship the product. Ordering directly through Marware, although more expensive, gives you a 30 day return policy.

6. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

Marware rep wrote me back today and stated that it will ship first week of April...

That may be true, but I would be very surprised if they offer a 40-50% off coupon on an item so new.

I checked the shipping prices and it was $7 for me, so a total of $42. Still a $28 difference... I do admit that Marware's return policy is nice and I have experienced it first hand when I returned a launch Eco-Vue last year and their customer service was good.

This is definitely the case I want to try first... I don't know if it will be "the" case, but it's one of the few that have caught my eye. Price is a factor, and the difference here is pretty astounding. I would be willing to pay more with Marware knowing I would probably get it sooner, and have a longer return window. However, that price keeps me leaning towards Macmall. Wish it were available on Amazon, that would settle this quick.

7. mac-spy macrumors newbie

This Marware Mircoshell Folio case looks interesting. I like the fact that they ulitize the auto sleep/wake up feature in the iPad 2. Does anyone know whether the cover will roll up and stand like the Smart Cover? From what I can tell the Smart Cover is divided into 4 sections while this one only has 3.

Any thoughts?

8. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

Good point. Haven't seen any pictures of it as a stand, but per Marware's site, "Plus, as an added bonus, the protective lid double as a foldable stand, ideal for multiple viewing angles or FaceTime® usage." I would assume it's similar to how Speck's PixelSkin HD will work. Both covers are broken up into 3 sections, and Speck has pics of their case as a stand (which looks similar to the smart cover, but with one less section).

9. mac-spy macrumors newbie

Cool.....I guess I am going to order this for my iPad 2 :)

10. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

FYI... Macmall has lowered their price to $30! However, an even better deal can be found at Adorama. Adorama also has it for $30, but has free shipping available (although slower).

http://www.adorama.com/ACMMFIPAD2BK.html

Adorama's site does not mention that it's not in stock, but I doubt that it is. I know this is a bit silly, but I'm thinking about placing an order with both Adorama and Marware. I assume I would get the Marware order first followed by the Adorama a couple weeks later. I would then return the Marware one to get back the $70. :D

11. jbiz macrumors member

thanks for the heads up.. i just chatted with macmall and got the price reduced to 29.99

they said they will get them on the 30th (in black and pink), but not many. probably 2-3 week backorder.

also, i spoke to adorama today and they have no clue when they will get them in.

I then spoke to marware inquiring about the pink and silver as well, and they said they have not even been announced (in those colors) so thet dont know where macmall is getting that info

12. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Thanks!! Just ordered mine shipped for $38, hopefully it won't be more than a month until I get it.

13. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

I decided to give the Macmall chat a try, and was told something completely different... They told me they should get it tomorrow. :eek:

Attached Files:

14. jbiz macrumors member

if you ask how many they are getting, they told me only like 10 and already had 35 (or maybe they said 50) or so on preorder..

15. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

I ended up order from both Marware and Adorama...

There is a 10% code available (MARWAREMC01), but that still makes the price $62.99. The price sucks, but shipping is free, and the even better knew is that according to my order it's has a shipdate of 3/28 via US Priority Mail. I should receive it Wednesday.

The adorama order did update stating backordered, but not sweating that. As long as I receive in within 30 days of the Marware order, then I should be ok.

I don't usually do video review, but I think I may have to do one for this case and any others I decide to get this time around. I'll probably do a trial run with the Targus TPU case I have. I'll let you know, in case anyone is interested.

16. mac-spy macrumors newbie

Hi jedolley,

I've placed the order as well but I guess I will need to wait a bit longer. Anyway, please let us know your findings about the Marware case. I really hope this will be THE case for my iPad 2. :)

Cheers!

17. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

they lied! it has not even arrived at mareware yet!

you'll get it faster if you order from them, thats been my experience.

18. bigwinnerx macrumors member

Price from Adorama went up to 34.99 overnight.

Anyone have any idea when these things will actually ship from anywhere?

19. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

jedolley did you get it on 26th?

20. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Hey thanks for the heads up! I ordered the microshell only (SC compatible) for $19.99 before the raise that one too.

21. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

No. Macmall was claiming they were getting a shipment from Marware on the 26th. I have no idea if they actually did or did not since I do not have an order with them. I ordered from Marware and Adorama.

My Marware order status says "Pending Fulfillment" and has a ship date of 3/28. Whether or not it actually gets shipped out today is anyone's guess, but I guess I'll find out tonight.

22. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

no sleep/wake for the Speck, skip it.

23. egonpax macrumors 6502

Thanks OP and others.

Just ordered from Macmall. I hope to get it within reason. I have a TPU case waiting for me so I can wait.

24. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

So I order just now from Adorama and on their site it doesn't say anything about "Release date 4/1", just lets you add to cart and checkout.

Then immediately after I order, I get this email saying:

Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order XXYYZZ are not in stock, see details below.
    We'll ship your order as soon as possible. If you want to cancel your order, please let us know.

Punks!

25. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Anyone have the Marware Microshell for iPad 1? I was watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1fq90qd3h4

And realized that the case is a glossy black and attracts fingerprints very easily. I thought it was a thin rubberized shell like Incipio feather case. If it's plasticy/glossy, forget it, I'm definitely canceling and waiting for the Incipio Feather that is SC compatible - the material is much better...