For those who think antenna problems are isolated cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kas23, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm kinda sick of people on here saying that the antenna reception issue is being blown out of proportion by a "vocal minority" or the problem is just a "few isolated cases". Many have seen this, but for those people mentioned about, how can you explain these numbers?

Attached Files:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The poll means nothing. See any of my posts on this “poll.” I’m tired of repeating myself.

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Agreed poll that anyone can vote whatever they want to skew results doesn't really convince me of anything.

4. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I agree. If you're participating in the poll in the first place, there is a chance you're a member of a forum such as MacRumors..which represents a very small amount of Apple's users.

5. adam.posey macrumors newbie

This chart has me convinced that this is a scientifically controlled study with no leading questions or selection bias.

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

People without problems won't be looking for solutions on the internet and won't come across this poll. On the other hand, people with problems will seek out solutions on a site like this and will vote in this poll. The numbers are bias.

7. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

8. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

It's really not supposed to.

The point it makes is that these "problems", which are either real or perceived, are NOT isolated and it is not just due to a "vocal minority".

Even if you take all the "yes" votes, decrease them by 50% (due to error or whatever), it still shows that this "problem" is not just popping up as a few isolated cases.

And even you take everyone else in the US who hasn't responded and placed them in the "no" category, 14,000 iPhones is nothing to shrug at. 14,000 defective products that could potentially need to be replaced is rather large.

True. But, it does have a little nice "control" in it, for people who would say that people not having trouble are less likely to participate in the poll. 19,000 people who don't even own an iPhone 4 voted in the poll.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Huh? Now you’ve lost all credibility.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Me thinks you've not seen the sarcasm watermark.;)

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Considering that analysts are saying that apple sold about 1.5 million iPhones 14,000 would be less than 1% seems like the vocal minority to me

12. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

Did you really need to screenshot the front page? Get over it.

13. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

This poll doesn't mean "nothing". It means about half of MacRumors.com readers are affected.

arn

14. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

You don't research a product before you buy it? There are also plenty of us who are holding out for the White iPhone or couldn't get one at launch. We're frequenting the boards as its a good way to keep up occupied during the extra month we have to wait.

15. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

You seem to say this a lot. You're a regular Dr. Phil.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s not a scientific poll. Surely you most know that.

17. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'm not saying it's representative of a larger population. Just of MacRumors readers.

arn

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, I would’ve thought that, but he’s been so serious in all his other posts.

Possibly. What’s the percentage of trolls on here. :)

19. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Please don't take this personally arn but the poll shows 17,495 people with "issues".

The stats page at the bottom of the forum page shows

Threads: 909,286, Posts: 10,122,699, Members: 453,892

Does MR know exactly how many "members" are "active" readers ?

20. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The forum population is not the same audience that reads the front page. So it's not useful to try to correlate them.

arn

21. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Wow, internet polls run up by no-life fandroids like you are sure good evidence.

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Please try to be civil. Good grief. There IS a problem. I'm just trying to figure out exactly how bad it is.

23. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What you have though is members who see this poll using it to suggest almost 50% of iPhone 4 users have a problem. I’m not sure what the real % is, but one way these results are skewed is by the simple fact that many posters come here to find out about their iPhone problems. So, the real % lies somewhere between almost 0% and 50%.