forced to mobile web site

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nullmn, Jul 3, 2007.

1. nullmn macrumors newbie

Hello!

Today I went to a couple web sites via Safari on my iPhone assuming that I would see the 'real' website. Instead I was immediately redirected to the mobile phone version of the website. Not exactly the 'real' internet experience I was hoping for.

One website is http://www.google.com/calendar After logging in I am directed to the URL http://www.google.com/calendar/render

On my desktop machine I see the 'real' calendar. On my iPhone i see the mini mobile edition of my calendar. The URL in the address bar on the iPhone is the same as the one on my desktop machine but what I see on the screen is quite different.

Does anyone know if this is some kind of setting either on the iPhone or within google calendar?

When I go to my gmail account I get the full web page, not the mobile version.

Thanks for your attention!
    Nick

2. TheScappian macrumors regular

Having the same issue with bloglines.com and bankofamerica.com.

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I don't think there's anything that can be done from the iPhone side. The sites are probably looking for the word "Mobile" in the user agent string.

You should email them.

arn

4. medicrx macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to make safari view the full web page instead of a "mobile" version. On some sites, no matter what, I am forced to view the websites mobile page instead of the full version.
    Any ideas?

5. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Many sites are clinging to mobile means mobile (as in crippled down internet) even if the mobile phone is something as powerful as an iPhone.

Its sad to see this.