Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truthertech

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2016
The Mac's golden years.....
Could Apple even run commercials like these today?

Actually, they have been running more award winning commercials than ever. Even though they have won awards, the only thing that ultimately matters is are the ads effective and for that there can be no dispute as Apple has now grown into the most valuable company on earth and continues to set records for revenue by taking over markets like contactless payments, Smart Watches, wireless headphones, cell phones, apps, music streaming, tablets, etc.

Mausse

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Good for him! And an genius(bar) move from the ad agency. Now they need to make good phones :)

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Mate 9 has a chair, but it's too cool to sit on that. Mate 9 just goes right ahead and sits on the table.

Reactions: FightTheFuture

Saipher

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
California
Is it me or the phone was sitting crooked on the table (not perfectly facing forward)? I'm a little OCD so it was really bugging me. . . :)

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Unfortunately, it looks like they kept some of his "lovable loser" character from dodgeball.

His Mac persona was a laid-back, confident guy. If they were choosing him for some of his association with Apple ads, at least this first one doesn't seem to actually leverage that in any way.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Actually, they have been running more award winning commercials than ever. Even though they have won awards, the only thing that ultimately matters is are the ads effective and for that there can be no dispute as Apple has now grown into the most valuable company on earth and continues to set records for revenue by taking over markets like contactless payments, Smart Watches, wireless headphones, cell phones, apps, music streaming, tablets, etc.

Thanks, but you totally missed the point.....

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I'm sorry, I even tried navigating away, but my OCD won't let go of me.

I think the word you wanted was "Traitor"
You weren't the only one. I was pretty triggered 'til my 11 year old pointed out that he could have meant "trader" as in JLong traded Apple for Huawei. I told her oh, okay. {that's totally not what he meant, but she's so cute... and smart... and way, way, waaaaaaaaay less cynical. I'ma fix that last part.:)}

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.