Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainwrecka

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2007
Earth
"Huawei has not managed to establish deals with the major carriers in the United States and it has a ways to go to impact Apple, the U.S.'s top iPhone manufacturer."

I would say a very long way to go make an impact against the iPhone.

I would say a Justin long way to go...

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I actually thought the ad was pretty good. I think JL has a good personality for commercials like that. It was a 'feel-good' pop and I think it accomplished that. As for being a 'traitor', actors act. It's what they do. Just like managers or sales people, they'll go where they have opportunity and where they get the best remuneration. If we see him or the "Can you hear me now?" guy as traitors, it's only because we allowed ourselves to imagine their loyalties as extending beyond a paycheck.

Regarding the phone, I have some Huawei equipment that I use in Central America where Apple hasn't made much of an official presence yet, and it's okay. I'd say that in order to make an impact in the USA, they're going to really have to ramp up their quality and service from what I've experienced.

Reactions: 5105973

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I wonder how sucessful 'Mac vs PC ' ads would be with Android vs iPhone. Of course Mac vs PC would be better but the list of things to say is getting shorter and Tim Cook wouldn't be interested anyway.

Probably not very given you would be comparing an operating system with a hardware system.

grimgreybeard

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
I recall that I read something about huawei devices secretly sending all user's data every 72 hours to some Chinese servers without asking any authorisation from user. I hope they have upgraded their software to send the data more often. :D

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
Probably not very given you would be comparing an operating system with a hardware system.
I said because the primary flagship competitor to the iPhone changes more often, although right now it would probably be the Pixel. Even if it was Android vs iPhone, the comparison would be software as well as exclusive hardware features meaning not just Android vs iOS. Mac vs PC ads did the same thing.

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
I wonder how sucessful 'Mac vs PC ' ads would be with Android vs iPhone. Of course Mac vs PC would be better but the list of things to say is getting shorter and Tim Cook wouldn't be interested anyway.

I am not certain why these manufactures just don't provide the under an option for vanilla Android, it better compared to any of the available flavours. Why waste your times and resources to put lipstick when vanilla works best. Focus on the hardware and integrating other useful features rather than reinvent what works best. Would save these companies money and time. I just do not get it. If you do not want something to look like others then create your own mobile OS.

Reactions: 5105973

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
I am not certain why these manufactures just don't provide the under an option for vanilla Android, it better compared to any of the available flavours. Why waste your times and resources to put lipstick when vanilla works best. Focus on the hardware and integrating other useful features rather than reinvent what works best. Would save these companies money and time. I just do not get it. If you do not want something to look like others then create your own mobile OS.
I completely agree. The best implementation is one that matches the style of stock android and follows material design. Samsungs have always been awful in their appearance, complexity, and performance but are improving, along with other Android skins. I think a while ago it made sense and it's what people wanted, but in recent years that hasn't been the case.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Just wonder if he even realizes, he's having a conversation with a smart-phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.