Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Fortune Again Names Apple World's Most Admired Company

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

In the 2010 edition of its annual ranking of "World's Most Admired Companies", Fortune placed Apple at the top of the list for the third year in a row and by the highest margin ever in the survey's ten-year history. Apple was followed in the rankings by Google, Berkshire Hathaway, Johnson & Johnson, and Amazon.
What makes Apple so admired? Product, product, product. This is the company that changed the way we do everything from buy music to design products to engage with the world around us. Its track record for innovation and fierce consumer loyalty translates into tremendous respect across business' highest ranks.

As BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer puts it, "The whole world held its breath before the iPad was announced. That's brand management at its very best."
Reithofer also ranked Apple CEO Steve Jobs as his most admired CEO. And beyond the overall crown, Apple took the top spot in the sub-category of Innovation while placing second in People Management. The company was also recognized as fourth in Quality of Products/Services and in a tie for sixth with Amazon in Management Quality.

Fortune's rankings were based on a poll of 4,200 corporate executives, directors, and industry analysts.

Article Link: Fortune Again Names Apple World's Most Admired Company

Becordial

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
I admire lots of companies including Apple but its time to hand it over.

Fortune need to realise that if there is no new winners in the list it is a lot like ignoring the F1 because you know Ferrari can win it year-on-year. It's not newsworthy anymore Fortune.

Comment

mygoldens

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2005
Admired compared to what?

This is all relative.

I am not buying this one, it has to be bribed or more HYPE!

Comment

Shasterball

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
As BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer puts it, "The whole world held its breath before the iPad was announced. That's brand management at its very best."

And after it was announced, the whole world let out a sigh signifying a letdown...

Comment

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Google is going to drop like a stone in this type of ranking in the coming years when their dodgy privacy practices and Microsoft-like behavior are exposed.

Comment

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
Yes! I live for threads like this. My productivivty is tanking already...

Being admired by other executives is very different than being admired by the public, although Apple's recent success seems to indicate that the public admires it too.

Comment

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Uh oh, Apple praise? Unleash the trolls!

How could it not be Microsoft? The injustice of it all...

Comment

lbjsong

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
haha

I admired them too.
but gotta focus on hardwares too, not just softwares.
plus.. release mbp and 13" with anti glare

Comment

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Only an ignorant person would deny Apple the consistent accolades they get. Well deserved whether you're a fan of their products or not.

Comment

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
People like apple not because its more expensive, but because not everyone has it.

more expensive -> not everyone has it.. a ferrari is expensive, "that's" because not everyone has it.. by your logic, I must like a Jaguar XK8, because not everyone has it...your statement makes no sense at all, sorry.. granted, there are some people who judge things by this logic, but I don't think it's the majority..

(BTW: when I bought my first mac 2,5 years ago, I bought it because I wanted to know "what it's all about"... and VISTA...)

Comment

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Guess this means I'll be able to read Fortune on my iPad for free (subsidized by Apple).

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
What does stock have to do with my expectations?
Well then, please be more specific.

As an AAPL shareholder and occasional Apple customer, that is one of my expectations. I expect Apple to competently execute their overall business strategy, meet their goals, which in turn will increase shareholder value to that $275 price point for AAPL one year hence.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Well then, please be more specific.

As an AAPL shareholder and occasional Apple customer, that is one of my expectations.
I've been continually disappointed with their computer line in seeking a replacement for my MacBook. It's to the point where my Late 2007 MacBook is too good at what it does. (I'm already rolling my eyes to that spin fest.) I don't see any incentive from Apple to buy new or more hardware from them short of some sort of critical failure. The applications, concepts, and operating system are endearing but as many have said new hardware doesn't stop my "old" Mac from working.

What do I have to look forward to?

Comment

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I've been continually disappointed with their computer line in seeking a replacement for my MacBook. It's to the point where my Late 2007 MacBook is too good at what it does. (I'm already rolling my eyes to that spin fest.) I don't see any incentive from Apple to buy new or more hardware from them short of some sort of critical failure. The applications, concepts, and operating system are endearing but as many have said new hardware doesn't stop my "old" Mac from working.

What do I have to look forward to?

I'm not sure. You've backed yourself into quite a corner.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.