Forum members you miss the most

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Well I hope he's alright.

He still doesn't post as often as he used to. I don't simply mean recently, I mean in the past year or more.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Chappers said:
I miss 'indifference' - he often brightened my day with his posts
A true classic was http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=117530
Sadly his threads rarely lasted long - however the true quality shone through for all to see.

indifference - if you're out there lurking - come back.
indifference was the first one that came to mind for me, too (even before opening this thread and seeing your post). Another classic thread of his was "she stopped listening to music".

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
mc68k

what can i say, i like tough guys that look like wolverine

ale x_ant

oh, and britboy.

and rower. no one caught a silverman reference since he's no where to be found........

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jelloshotsrule said:
britboy.

and rower.
eyelikeart too, although I still talk to him occassionaly

and from a long time ago - beej

The thing is I'm not around that much lately, so its hard to keep up with so much stuff around here with limited time to post. Not like it was several years ago.

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Mr. Anderson said:
The thing is I'm not around that much lately, so its hard to keep up with so much stuff around here with limited time to post. Not like it was several years ago.
ahh beej

how i long for the wasteful time of college life..

oh wait, i still waste tons of time. phew

at least the private forums have been re-invigorated with uselessness as of late!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I also miss eyelikeart and übergeek. Both brought a lot to the forums. Just like Mr. Anderson, life changes occur. I have also been in contact with eyelikeart, pleased that he is doing very well in the face of adversity.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
BakedBeans said:
its got to be AL-FAMOUS, that guy was off the hook.

Back when I started out here, Ensign Paris was the dominant Brit, so he'd have to be one ;) Also, despite a few minor run ins with him, Alphtech was funny (in a non-funny, but funny way
) and knowledgeable.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
BakedBeans said:
its got to be AL-FAMOUS, that guy was off the hook.
Yeah, ever since he left to go launch that "soap-opera" based loosely on the Broadway musical "Cats" he's been hard to get in touch with. I told him he should use real actors and not actual cats, but he wanted nothing to do with it.

Last I heard from him he was borrowing some guy's laptop at a Starbucks, typing incoherent posts about catnip and hairballs. It was tough to see him go down like that.

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps this is an odd one, but

thatwendigo

It seems there was a time when he was one of the most frequent poster's I saw on this board. I know he still posts now and then but not nearly as much.

He really knew his stuff too.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Thanatoast said:
Desertrat. Haven't seen him in forever, or am I just not looking in the right places?
Yeah, actually I was just thinking about him. He used to post in the Political Forums all the time, then he just kinda disappeared. I haven't been around as much, so I don't know what I missed, but I haven't seen a recent post by him. I may not have always agreed with him, but it was actually kinda nice to see a well reasoned opinion that differed from my own.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
MrSugar said:
Perhaps this is an odd one, but

thatwendigo

It seems there was a time when he was one of the most frequent poster's I saw on this board. I know he still posts now and then but not nearly as much.

He really knew his stuff too.
I was about to write thatwendigo too.

Just loved the arguments he used to get into!

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
munkle said:
I was about to write thatwendigo too.

Just loved the arguments he used to get into!
Yeah, I remember a few of those. That and edesignuk's macros were some of the "hooks" that got me lurking here, besides actual Mac-relevant stuff.