Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
And you can bet that Apple will leak one more BIG detail of the new iPhone right before the Pre goes on sale to prompt buyers to wait on the iPhone.

Its not even going to be a leak. It will be the release of the 3.0 Software before the hardware refresh.
After it is talked about at WWDC it will be released, if not this Friday. To create hype as well as have it in users hands , so they can talk about it to a point . Then , dropping the holy grail.
They announce about the new iphone and about the applications that will be enabled only on the new model .
Users will already be stoked about the release of 3.0 ahead of the hardware refresh of Gen3 iphone.
Then the icing on the cake will be the show stopping new iphone.
But to keep people in their corner it would make sense to release the software now. this will keep more people wanting an iphone because it will now have all these cool features that it has lacked.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
3.0 will not be released before the WWDC.

WWDC will be used to showcase the 3.0 iPhone OS, not to show people something that they already have. It is, after all, a developers conference.

It will be released during or after the event.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
3.0 will not be released before the WWDC.

WWDC will be used to showcase the 3.0 iPhone OS, not to show people something that they already have. It is, after all, a developers conference.

It will be released during or after the event.

I agree. It's a bit crazy to believe that they are going to drop a massive update in the iPhone firmware prior to the conference.

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
I can see Apple doing a fully functional range of iPhones from 4GB to 32GB. Now is the time to test the market and see where people are willing to buy. Go with a full functioning low storage capacity model now, differentiate in the future by not just storage but also capabilities.

I would be very disappointed if Apple did anything else at this point in time, after all, the iPhone was all about making the phone more functional.

celtikmind

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
I can see Apple doing a fully functional range of iPhones from 4GB to 32GB. Now is the time to test the market and see where people are willing to buy. Go with a full functioning low storage capacity model now, differentiate in the future by not just storage but also capabilities.

Steve Jobs: We at Apple really don't see why anyone would need more than 4Gb of storage.

Flashbacks, anyone (old enough)? :D

zizo79

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
QQ Part
I just talked to a friend that I used to work with at bestbuy who actually works in their mobile department.
He told me that we might see a the new Iphone as early as next weeek and that they will only be carrying the 16GB and the 32GB....no word about the 4GB or the 8 GB

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I just talked to a friend that I used to work with at bestbuy who actually works in their mobile department.
He told me that we might see a the new Iphone as early as next weeek and that they will only be carrying the 16GB and the 32GB....no word about the 4GB or the 8 GB

STOP THE PRESSES!!11!

I'm sure your Bestbuy buddy is the authority on unreleased secret Apple products.

zizo79

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
QQ Part
STOP THE PRESSES!!11!

I'm sure your Bestbuy buddy is the authority on unreleased secret Apple products.
I was just sharing that is all ....stores like BB usually get memos about products before their release dates ...

casmith07

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2009
USA
The 4 and 8 gig versions are probably the iphones going to verizon.

While the 16GB is pretty much the perfect size for what I would use it for, I wouldn't complain about an 8GB iPhone if it meant I got to use one on the Verizon network.

I already have a 16GB 2nd gen iPod touch, so I would likely use that for most of my music-on-the-go needs.

casmith07

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2009
USA
While the 16GB is pretty much the perfect size for what I would use it for, I wouldn't complain about an 8GB iPhone if it meant I got to use one on the Verizon network.

I already have a 16GB 2nd gen iPod touch, so I would likely use that for most of my music-on-the-go needs.

Oh, and for the theorists, Apple recently posted this job advertisement on their site...looking for someone with knowledge of CDMA & EVDO to work in Cupertino...........let the rumors fly!

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=35157&CurrentPage=1

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2009
I'm actually hoping they go with the 4GB model. I have a 16GB now and I very rarely use it for music. Although, I'd only get the 4GB if it had new hardware as well.

celtikmind

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009

I'm actually hoping they go with the 4GB model. I have a 16GB now and I very rarely use it for music. Although, I'd only get the 4GB if it had new hardware as well.

What the hell are you people thinking? You'll willfully limit yourself to 4Gb/8Gb just because you don't use all the space? Since when was 16Gb too much in a smartphone? Especially since the price difference would be pretty neglient (at least anywhere outside AppleWorld) :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.