The Firefox Partitioned Engine Patch, officially abbreviated as foxPEP, is a finely tuned all-in-one preferences patch designed exclusively for Firefox-based browsers that automatically applies a number of advanced under-the-hood configurations to achieve a superior Web browsing experience on vintage computer hardware in addition to modern systems.
Therefore, the following advantages should be seen once foxPEP has been installed:
✔ Faster website loading
✔ Accelerated image rendering
✔ Smoother video playback
✔ Fluid page scrolling
✔ Optimized disk, memory, and CPU utilization
Minimum Browser Families
• Firefox 52 or Waterfox 52 and up (foxPEP)
• Pale Moon 28 or Basilisk 2019-02-11 and up (foxPEP)
• TenFourFox FPR14 or Roytam1’s Firefox 45.23 SSE and up (TenFourFoxPEP)
Minimum Operating Systems
• Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and newer (foxPEP)
• Windows 7 SP1 and newer (foxPEP)
• GNU / Linux 4.4.x and newer (foxPEP)
• Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger or Windows XP SP3 (TenFourFoxPEP)
Minimum Hardware Specifications
• 600 MHz processor and faster
• 1 GB PC100 RAM and faster
• ATi R200, nVIDIA NV30, or Intel GMA 900 graphics and faster
Contribute to zgxSystems/foxPEP development by creating an account on GitHub.
Tips for PowerPC Users
• Use AquaWeb for maximum performance browsing.
• For a faster YouTube solution, use AquaVid.
• For all-around faster browsing and environment operation, run AquaTrimcelerator or AuroraTrimcelerator for Tiger and Leopard, respectively.
Tips for Intel Users
• foxPEP does not support Arctic Fox (which is based on Pale Moon 27, equivalent to Firefox 38).
• InterWeb (based on a version of XUL equivalent to Firefox 60.9) is the official foxPEP-endorsed browser for Intel Macs on 10.6.
• Firefox Legacy is the official foxPEP-endorsed browser for Intel Macs on 10.7 and 10.8.