The Firefox Partitioned Engine Patch, officially abbreviated as foxPEP, is a finely tuned all-in-one preferences patch designed exclusively for Firefox-based browsers that automatically applies a number of advanced under-the-hood configurations to achieve a superior Web browsing experience on vintage computer hardware in addition to modern systems.
Therefore, the following advantages should be seen once foxPEP has been installed:
✔ Faster website loading
✔ Accelerated image rendering
✔ Smoother video playback
✔ Fluid page scrolling
✔ Optimized disk, memory, and CPU utilization
Minimum Browser Families
- Firefox 52 or Waterfox 52 and up
- Pale Moon 28 or Basilisk 2019-02-11 and up
Minimum Operating Systems
- Windows XP and newer
- macOS 10.6 Snow Leopard and newer
- GNU / Linux 4.4 and newer
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- 600 MHz processor and faster
- 1 GB PC100 RAM and faster
- ATi R300, nVIDIA NV40, or Intel GMA 950 graphics and faster
- 10/100 Ethernet or 802.11n Wi-Fi and faster
Contribute to zgxSystems/foxPEP development by creating an account on GitHub.
Tips for PowerPC Users
- Use AquaWeb for extra-heavy websites.
- For a faster YouTube solution, use AquaVid.
- For all-around faster browsing and environment operation, run AquaTrimcelerator or AuroraTrimcelerator for Tiger and Leopard, respectively.
Tips for Snow Leopard Users
- foxPEP does not support Arctic Fox (which is based on Pale Moon 27, equivalent to Firefox 38).
- InterWeb (based on a version of XUL equivalent to Firefox 60.9) is the official foxPEP-endorsed browser for Intel Macs on 10.6. Its use is strongly recommended over Firefox 45.9 or Arctic Fox.