Free bumper (black, legit, not spam or whatever)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mpsruo, Jul 4, 2010.

1. mpsruo macrumors member

Hello,

The company "Repair My iPhone Screen.com" is giving away 5 free bumpers a day for US residents.

Found it randomly, just ordered one today. Shipping to my location (FL) was $3.95 and it rang up as $0 for the product itself. Paid via Paypal so I can always chargeback if it's a scam, but I doubt it. Company looks legit and it looks like a good PR campaign.

http://www.repairmyiphonescreen.com/products/iphone-4-bumper

In before "nice try repairmyiphonescreen.com-guy!" :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found the original link. For those who want to see, here is the forum post I found from "Kevin" @ this company that originally led me to the above link.

http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/iphone-4-accessories-14/free-iphone-4-bumper-case-black-637/

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

3. madonnasmanone macrumors member

I guess those 5 are already gone. Tried to get it, said it was out of stock. Oh well. I have a free White one coming from Apple, anyway. Thanks for posting.

4. mpsruo thread starter macrumors member

Keep in mind, it says 5 a day. I just ordered mine, which was probably #4 or 5. If I were you, I'd check at midnight.

They said they're giving away 5 a day until they run out of stock, better than spending $30.

5. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

ahhhh ok. thanks for the post. probably will be tough to get but thanks.

6. mpsruo thread starter macrumors member

Dunno dude, it's 4pm est when I ordered and it went through. worth checking every few hours. You can probably email them and ask what time the "count" resets or something along those lines

7. Blaenk macrumors member

Sounds nice, IF it's the official bumper case. I have a feeling it isn't, but if they confirm, then that's awesome of them.

8. mpsruo thread starter macrumors member

To be honest, I really don't think it's the apple one either. Then again, the apple one is so simplistic in design, it's not exactly difficult to replicate.

What I'm hoping for is the materials used in its construction is good enough to withstand wear and tear.

9. teezee09 macrumors member

Got my order in for today. Email timestamped at 3:34 CST. I'll post how it goes in a week or two. Thanks OP

10. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

weird it must have went through as I got a confirm email. cool

and i"m sure its not the OEM bumper

11. Blaenk macrumors member

It's not the official case [ http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/iphone-4-accessories-14/free-iphone-4-bumper-case-black-637/ ]:

--

No, it is a 1:1 copy. I did my best to get the best case and unfortunately I could not obtain the Apple branded bumper case.

You always have the option to buy from Apple at 29.95 a pop.

Thanks,
    Kevin

--

Not complaining over something that's free, but since I never really was interested in the bumper that much to begin with, I'd rather not spend any money on a copy.

12. mpsruo thread starter macrumors member

Cool = ) I hope it all works out. Will post here in this thread when I get a tracking number or I get the item in the mail.

Thanks for the link, that settles it. Still, 1:1 copy of a piece of plastic for FREE-FIFTY (my favorite price) is a good deal.

Cheers

13. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i knew it wasn't the OEM. I mean come on the guy is giving these away to promote his business. Can't be picky here. I just hope its not complete trash but we shall see. And besides, it worked, if I ever need his services I'll be going to his website.

14. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Sold out for today, I guess check back tomorrow ;)

15. Waflsk8s macrumors member

so if I got a confirmation email does that mean I will get one? I'm pretty sure I wasn't in the first 5; I think some people slipped in before he closed it off for the day.

16. k5every1 macrumors newbie

this offer just went live for today's 5 free, just got mine done.

17. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Got mine too, thanks!

Edit: ouch looks like I got the last one for today.

18. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

How'd you get a free one from Apple? Just complained before they officially said no free bumpers?

19. madonnasmanone macrumors member

Yes, I called them before Apple apparently decided not to appease people with a free Bumper. Originally, I had picked the black bumper, but, after seeing the white bumper photos, I called and they changed the order to white.

20. ipadder macrumors regular

too bad it's not identical to the apple bumper. these cost a fraction of the price.

21. Psant macrumors regular

Do you know where I can get the ones they are giving away free?

22. RM350z macrumors member

It just reset for today! I just ordered my free bumper! Only had to pay $3.95 for shipping. I will update when I receive the bumper. All I know is it beats paying $29.99! :D

23. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

24. RM350z macrumors member

Not sure, but for 3.95, I figured it was worth a shot. I look at it this way, by the time I receive this bumper, there will be more options for another case.

And as bad as I have been wanting a case, I am trying to wait patiently for a case that will suit my needs. If this case stays solid for a month or two, I will feel I got my 4 dollars worth.

25. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Got one!
    $3.95 is not bad for a back-up bumper.

When you initiate the order it tells you how many free bumpers are left.

Last one for today (7/7/10).