Full Video of Apple's Chicago Education Event Now Available on Apple TV

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 27, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple didn't live stream today's education-focused event held at Lane Tech College Prep High School in Chicago, but the company has made a video available in the Events app of the Apple TV now that it's over.

The video spans an hour and seven minutes, and while Apple mainly focused on educational topics, it does include the unveiling of the new low-cost $329 sixth-generation iPad, which comes equipped with Apple Pencil support.

[​IMG]

Apple has not yet made the event available to watch on its website, but a video should be uploaded and available soon, and a direct link to the video is available here. A YouTube version may also come later in the day.

In addition to its main event, Apple has shared several new iPad-focused YouTube videos that were shown during the Chicago event.

The first video, above, focuses on the Apple Pencil being used to draw the new iPad, highlighting Apple Pencil integration in the low-cost tablet. The other two videos focus on students using the new iPad for school work and Apple's commitment to education.

In addition to a new low-cost iPad with Apple Pencil support, Apple today also introduced new tools for teachers and students, including a Classwork app for assignments, a ClassKit API for creating educational apps with Classwork integration, new Apple Pencil capabilities for iWork, and an "Everyone Can Create" curriculum that's similar to "Everyone Can Code" but is more focused on creative pursuits like photography, video making, music, and art.

Don't want to watch Apple's full hour-long presentation? We'll have a recap coming soon that covers all of the interesting points of the event, so stay tuned for that.

Update: The full video is now available on Apple's Events website.

Article Link: Full Video of Apple's Chicago Education Event Now Available on Apple TV

2. jadot macrumors 6502

jadot

Everyone can create, 1 GB at a time, up to 5 times...(If you're not a student).

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Can’t believe I am saying this, but I am pretty sure I’ll skip this. 1 hour of my life is definitely more precious to waste it for this.

4. WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

51 years I have suffered from insomnia. Finally, I think this here might just be my cure.

"Only Apple can do this."

What an apocalyptic, egotistical, smug, self congratulating phrase. And people on here wonder why so many others are critical of them.

5. simonmet macrumors 68020

simonmet

It’s kind of funny Apple are renewing their push into education considering their last attempt at pushing iPads into classrooms fell flat and was considered a failure by that school board Apple boasted had ordered so many of the things.

Will pencil make a difference?

6. Michael Cavada macrumors newbie

Michael Cavada

The new low-cost $329 sixth-generation iPad is not quite the rumored price that MacRumor started. :mad:

7. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

Apple's iPad development approach.........COPY......PASTE.....Its NEW!!!!

8. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

I'm good, thanks though.

Can we have iOS 11.3 now Apple?

9. JeffPerrin macrumors 6502

JeffPerrin

The play button kept giving me the September Event video (at SJ Theater). Updating tvOS fixed the problem and the correct video was able to play.

10. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

That will come out in June then we'll have to wait 3 MONTHS until it releases the week before the next gen iPhone. Ugh Apple you make major updates to your OS once a year, and by update I mean copy what everyone else in the industry has already been doing. I miss Steve.

11. L-Viz macrumors 6502

L-Viz

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Apple: More status symbol and less relevance as time goes on...

13. L-Viz macrumors 6502

L-Viz

So is its phone design. Expect nothin new till 2022.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

TvOS was trying to spare you from the torture

15. Crow_Servo macrumors regular

Crow_Servo

iOS 11.3 is not the same as iOS 12. 11.3 should be any week now. 12 should be available in September.

16. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

Have to disagree. It USED to be a status symbol. That is when Steve was running the business. Now its run by some hoohaw named Tim who doesn't have a clue. Steve brought us the Mac, the iPhone, and the iPad.....Timmy brought us a $1,000 iPhone, a carbon copy of Steve's iPad, and less we forget a $10,000 watch. Yeah he's a winner alright.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

You’re unfair on the watch. It’s a great product, and using the $10K example is misleading at best.

18. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

Sorry lost track. The updates lately have been so lackluster they're not even worth paying attention to anymore.

19. scottcampbell macrumors regular

Graphic designer quirk: Man, they let the description get really close to the artwork.
    Look at "Prep High" next to the Apple logo.

20. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

Ok it may be a little misleading, but the fact is he had the audacity to think a $10,000 watch would be well received. Face it he's not in touch with what consumers want as much as Steve was.

21. Jinjin macrumors 68030

I was quietly excited about seeing the AirPower slip into the store after it opened. :(

Ah well, my iPad air 2 has taken a battering over the last few years so good to have a viable option for the kids to upgrade

22. mi7chy, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018

mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

What I get from the video is Tim Cook is a good used car salesman but not as entertaining as Steve Ballmer.

23. macmanmass macrumors member

macmanmass

Timmy is clueless.

24. macsba macrumors 6502

Thanks to the link provided in the article, I have the presentation downloaded on my Mac.

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Totally agree with your last statement. He’s not a bad CEO per se, he sells, but he’s not an innovator. I think he misunderstood his role at Apple. I believe that Jobs wanted cook for five or six years just to calm things down and to make sure that the boat would’ve not be rocked too much after his death.