FullScreen for Safari + new multitouch gestures

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Reilly, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Reilly macrumors newbie

The guys at ispazio.net have made a video of an upcoming tweak for MobileSafari: FullScreen for Safari.

apparently it adds a FullScreen-mode and new gestures (2 finger swipes, shake, ...) with new actions (tab forward, tab back, ...) to Safari. The extension will be released soon.

Here is the vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqa570xHtWI

2. spacefiesta macrumors newbie

Wow, so glad to see this has finally been made! Ive been using atomic, but I've been missing safari. Can't wait.

3. THE dAY macrumors 6502

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This looks great. I can stop using Atomic Browser!

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

6. aleni macrumors 68020

i like atomic browser, it has lots of customization that safari doesn't have. but every time i always go back to use safari, i don't know why, maybe the feel, the look, it's ugly. it's hard to describe the feeling, it's kind of not the real deal.

so a native hacks for the real safari is a real welcome. i'm even willing to pay for it if it's $1 :D

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

It's out now.
    It works well, and the full screen option can be toggled in various ways to suit.
    An SBSettings toggle would be perfect though(with an option to keep the status bar on screen).

8. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

9. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Atomic is much better than Safari, even with this tweak. It's so easy to use it in full screen mode that I am in it 90% of the time.

Get Browser Changer. After that, who needs Safari??

S-

10. aleni macrumors 68020

nothing better than the real deal. the real safari.
    i know atomic can do such things but safari is built on the iOS. i always go back to safari after using any cool browsers like atomic, icab, etc.

11. aleni macrumors 68020

i want to know it too. searched cydia but didn't show the tweak.

12. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

^^ sinful :) aha, it really is a great tweak, along with sdm, and safari home page (I wish it had a home button) this makes the stock safari app 10x better

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Noticed this tweak showed up under Changes in Cydia this morning for $1.49. Haven't tried it out yet though.

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

same here but its stating that its a paid app when i try to download it, but it just says install instead of a price.. maybe after a couple hours itll be online 100%

15. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

anyone else notice a bug than when in landscape mode in safari that with this installed none of the bottom controls work (back/forward, new tabs, etc) or they are harder to touch? It could also be sdm I guess? But this is my first time noticing the bug

16. bella92108 macrumors 68000

So "it's out now" but nobody wants to share the name with the rest of us? If the full screen safari is out, say the name of it...

EDIT: Found it... since nobody else said it, it's called it's own name "Fullscreen for Safari" ... it's got the award for most original app name :) $1.49 = well worth it.

17. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Tough to find with this name:

FullScreen for Safari

S-

18. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

19. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

how do you guys like this compare to atomic? atomic seems to have the same functions with multi gestures and full screen.

20. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

I just installed the app and its good, but I agree, Atomic is far superior. Did'nt know about the Browser Changer, now I am going to use Atomic full time.

21. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

For $0.99, Atomic is quite a bit better in my mind. It is already better than Safari with all the add-ons you can buy. Also, it gets updated on a regular basis with new features and bug fixes.

I don't get the love for Safari. I use a mobile browser all the time and there is no doubt that Atomic is significantly better. As I said in a previous post, get BrowserChanger and don't look back.

S-

22. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

yea im running atomic right now and used with browser changer. i know safari is a memory hog, how does atomic perform? i havent used atomic enough to notice anything yet.

23. Dizle macrumors 6502

Got the tweak but still prefer atomic over this, espically with the free browser changer. Atomic also has the add blocker and loads pages quicker.

On another note does anyone know of a package that replaces the Atomic icon with a safari one?

24. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I like Atomic, the only thing preventing me from moving permanently to it is I have all my bookmarks syncing through MobileMe.

25. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i've been playing with this, and liking it (once i get used to it). needs some revising (bookmarks access from safari!), but i like the interface...