G1zm0do plz h1re m3 I conf1rm3d ur th30ry!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Domino8282, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Omg! I'm going to be the coolest nerd on the block once my replacement finishes syncing with iTunes.

Going to take pics of my brand-new replacement ip4 which was overnighted to me today, sitting right next to my previous ip4 so you can actually compare them side-by-side.

Gizmodo, wanna offer me $1,000 for the exclusive photo comparison? ;-P

Seriously though, I'll be back with high-res. pics in 20 mins or so. Was so excited I had to post first hehe...

Yes, I know I'm a big dork. More details to come including serial #'s, etc.

2. biffarino macrumors member

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

What about the antenna? Is it the same or does it have a "matte" finish?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

looking forward to more details...

I smell troll!!!

5. RyanG macrumors 6502

My prox sensor is clearly visible and I received mine at the end of June. Gizmodo playing you all for f00ls

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Cool, eager to see the photos. Any difference on the antenna band?

7. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Great. So it was another hardware issue. Whatever they used to obscure the sensor made it less sensitive, and after the complaints they went back to their old method.

That Gates/Jobs "Have you tested the new iPhone", "Neither did we" gag image is becoming more and more appropriate.

8. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

After reading the initial post yesterday and looking at their thread I tried to see mine in as many light options as possible. I think I started seeing it sometimes only because I knew where it was.

Btw...mine doesn't have an issue. Even tested it with my finger to see if it was consistently turning on every time.

What about the question about the band being solid on top by the speaker jack?? I assumed it was just the angle of their picture that made it look like it was solid...probably just the edge of the glass was showing.

9. mr lee macrumors member

mr lee

So is this proximity sensor the only thing visibly different on your new phone compared to your other phone?

10. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Same here. Hope you weren't counting on that $1,000, OP. :p

11. auero macrumors 65816

12. apple.fiend macrumors member

You people clearly cant read. The OP was asking Gizmodo if they were interested in doing a photo comp. and giving him money to do so. :rolleyes:

13. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Why oh why must I have so much music... Alright screw this I'll cancel the sync and re-sync after taking photos.

I will answer all of your questions shortly, I'm going downstairs where there is good light to take some high-quality photos with my Canon SLR.

Going to go over it with a fine-toothed comb for any differences besides the prox sensor being visible.

And yeah, Giz if you wanna offer me money you have about 20 minutes to get the exclusive. C'mon, you know you have a bunch of cash lying around for situations like this. ;-P

14. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

15. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Has anyone established the possibility that there might be more than one manufacturing facility for iPhones? Didn't a few companies actually build the previous generations of iPhones, and we were all comparing serial numbers, screen quality, and other nuances of our iPhone builds?

FYI, I received my iPhone straight from China via an Apple order on June 23 and I can see the proximity sensor, even through my Invisible Shield. My wife's iPhone was received from a domestic shipment via an AT&T order on June 23 and she had to get hers replaced (camera issue).

I think this whole "second batch" theory may be bunk.

16. Domino8282 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

P.S. I'm half-joking about wanting $1,000 from Giz... Half-joking... The pics will be posted here unless by some miracle I actually do hear from Giz in the next 20 mins or so.

And for those who have an early-production ip4 with visible prox sensor: That's great. Post a side-by-side comparison with an ip4 where it's not visible. Not calling you liars, just saying that a side-by-side photo will be something new.

17. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

While you're waiting for Gizmodo to pay you for your pictures...which will be NEVER, could you describe if there are any differences besides the proximity sensor?

18. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

no one is going to offer you money.... just post them

19. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

That picture was hilarious. One that I actually saved.

20. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Yeah, and what about the antenna??? How does it compare to your earlier iP4?

21. iPadztr macrumors 6502

22. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

23. g8orballboy macrumors regular

You ARE joking right? you honestly think you can make money with the same phone everyone else has... but with a slightly more visible proximity sensor. Even though this is big news in that Apple is changing the design, you'd only be first of many (and probably not even first by a long shot). So just post the pics already! :p

24. Sustainability macrumors regular

You guys do realize he is just trying to have a popular thread because most of the nerds on this website are just hungry for a new, INCREDIBLE story, right?

25. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Certainly could be the case, but that would be horrible quality control if it is invisible (like on mine) and clearly visible on others.

Glad I have an invisible one that works....