G5 at MW Tokyo

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I know for a fact that we will see a G5 at Macworld Tokyo. Why do you think they bumped an iMac to a G4, and almost as fast as the best G4 Tower? The G4 Tower is out of production. MW Tokyo WILL unveil the new G5. I know this for a fact.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
here we go again...

I think u may be right....but...

MacWorld San Francisco was just this morning....

give it a rest already wouldya?!

ScottF

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2001
I dont think so

I doubt it !
I have given up on getting excited over apple stuff.
when is MW Tokyo ??

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
MW Tokyo

MW Tokyo is February 7th. This is why I know the tower is dead. Apple WILL not upgrade them until Tokyo. And when they do, it will be a chip upgrade.

kaneda

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2001
G5

I don't think we will see a G5 in Tokyo...maybe in NY...but not in Tokyo...all even next year. I think the imac is pretty cool, but I don't need a consumer computer. Less than a ghz is not doing it for me! it looks nice..but I need power...not style!

I want to know the address of those spymac guys...we can go all over there and beat the crap out of them!

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
PREDICTION

no new Power Mac Towers till next January!!!

BECAUSE...

Tokyo: Steve announces the C3P0 Gold iMac to go along with the R2D2 released today in San Fran.

New York: Steve will announce the iVac shaped like a vaccum cleaner. The Digital Hub that cleans up.

Then at MWSF 2003 the PowerMac will be announced with a dual G4 running at a whopping 933mhz. With a roadmap to break the 1ghz barrier by the Summer of 2004.

At that point the iVac will be running a 2ghz G5 which will mean that both the iVac and the PowerMac will suck...

***Im just kidding, I still love my Mac. Don't hurt me.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Never

Dont you ever post on this site again. Anyways, back to the G5. The g4 will not be upgraded anymore, and I PROMISE that. Apple is done with the G4 tower, and now comes the G5. I have heard this and that and not till next year, but. The iMac is the G4. The Tower is not being produced anymore. Tokyo is the G5 release.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Apple must have developed the Sahara G3 to go in the iBooks. If the G5s come out in tokoyo then the Apollo will live on in the iMac and tiBook.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I agree

I totally agree with you Mac_User. The new iMac, which by the way is AWESOME, I don't care what you naysayers think, competes with the powermac. Why pay $3500 for a computer without a monitor when you can get everything (and most of the power) for $1800!?!?!? I wouldn't. Now if anyone hasn't noticed, Apple DOES NOT make their computers cross into each other's territory, i.e. the iMac is not supposed to compete with the powermac. So why would Apple release it? Because the G5 is coming soon! It only makes sense. Steve probably wanted it for this Macworld, but Moto was too slow.

slo19xxl

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2001
G5 very soon!!!

Mac user is RIGHT!!!!
I don't know about Tokyo, but new G5 will come
before june this year at the latest!!
It will be in the BLACK housing, similar to G4, with silver "apples" on both sides, non-transparent black oval "handles" and chrome front end, housing three (3) front slots (unknown purpose) without speaker hole...

It will be delivered with 1 GB of RAM, 160 GB HD, Super Drive, 2 FireWire connectors, and processor speeds will be 1.2; 1.4; and 1.6 ghz
Source is anonymous...
(lives outside U.S)

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
G5

C'mon guys, you all know that we are right. The G5 will come out soon enough, so stop your b*%#*ing about revolutionary. I have NEVER seen a computer as revolutionary as the iMac.

atomwork

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2001
Miami Beach
Bad Macworld

The iMac2 looks really cool and i do have no comment on the rest i saw. BUT: In fact that Apple rules the design industry I was shocked not to see any new G5 models and neither to hear a comment on the new Ti Books or on the panta version 10.2

The only thing Steve Jobs was talking about was the new low end Mac, the iMac. Sure, I know its a 800 MHZ G4 chip inside. Great deal of course. But come one. There is no space for adding 1.5 GHZ RAM or a 64MB 3D graphic card and more that a professional designer need. And that ****** 15" display, sorry again for saying, is only for the middle and low end user. Basicly its for beginners they want a digital hub for fun. Sending picturs, printing out a photo album. AAGGGGR. Its so mainstream!! I was so disapointed in him. Whats for us in it now. the designers they need a faster mac for work. or 2 displays?????

I was so into the hype and hoped to see a G5 1400 and more. May be even a double processor. I need to run all the graphic apps and have no need for a nice iPhoto. I have to agree to some users here that i also lost my hope in the Macworld. This Macworld was truley only for the mainstream people. Not for the harcore users they depende on a mac for work!!!!

tweedy7736

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Colorado
Obviously

Wow, that must have been hard to figure out. ;-)

The G5 has to come soon or else nobody will buy it! Same specs as the iMac, but $1000 more. Hmm... hard decision.

Apple will definitely come out w/ the G5 either this next expo, or the one after (at the latest). I think it will be intoduced @ Tokyo, then upgraded (faster) at the next expo.

A

ALPHAMATIX

Ok first off, yes the G5 will be released soon, and no it wont be black, not at this point anyway, i have seen prototypes of the G5, and it is beige almost greenish beige, and i am not ********ting, this is direct from a friend overseas. Anyway who cares, at that point i think i will be moving out of the Mac Industry, they just are way too slow, and they are not keeping up with my needs as a designer. For One they are almost 3 years behind the PC, and it hurts me to says this, cause i hate PC's. But i will be forced to buy one shortly. My Firm cannot stick with Mac, when other firms are 3 times ahead with PC's. another thing is price. Mac spends too much time with looks and design and packing everything down. Which is nice, its great actually that they do that for the normal consumer, but what about the design industry that has brought them so far, that needs them at this crucial time, why cant they release two models, cut down on the looks and go for some power, we dont care what it looks like, i just want fast browsing and rendering. I am so upset about everything, i dont feel i need to say more, everyone can see whats happeniong, the last thing i have to say is, i checked it out for kicks, and i figured out i can build a machine almost 5 times as fast as a Mac, basically a fully loaded or (overloaded machine) for around 1700.00 Now you tell me why i would even think of buying a Mac again. Mac user for 9 years, this is heartbreaking. That such a great company can slow things up, they are making a huge mistake, and better bounce back before its too late.

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
current g4 towers

the g4 towers are not that much faster than imac anymore but they do have the pci slots though

the price of the towers has to come down or apple has to put in a new chip like the g5 this year, let's hope

i was waiting for 1 ghz today but i think i will have to wait for tokyo or new york

kaneda

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2001
I Believe!!

I am starting to believe G5 is coming out soon! Damn, just like last week about the iwalk! I noticed that Apple computer is getting smaller and smaller everyday. Could the iwalk we saw last week the next imac in development? :O)

Will that be the G5 imac? That will be revolutionary! Where no PC has gone before!! IN MY POCKET!! That is freaking awesome!

Maybe that if Steve's announced the new towers today...It will take away from the imac hyped! that he builded up before MW...It makes sense that he wait for the next MW to announce the new towers and a slight upgrade for the imac like 867 mhz?

G5 PLEAASSEEEEEEEEEE!!! TOKYO!!!!! OHIO!!!

O

Omicron

Look at the patterns

If you look at the MacWorld/upgrade stats, you will notice a pattern. They upgrade 2/3 lines at a time generally. Since the towers and cube werechanged in the last go-around, this is the time for the iMac/iBook (they cant upgrade them all!) So at the next Macworld you should see the towers revamped possibly to this g5 everyone is talking about.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
intel over 2 ghz

Today should be a wake up call for apple Intel and Amd both revealed new chips over 2 ghz and apple can only release 800mhz? what gives apple should be pushing motorola and ibm for atleast 1gig

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
Originally posted by greenmonsterman
so they developed the Apollo and Sahara chips for fun?
Or to allow room for the iMac line in the next 3.5 years til they move the G5 to it. Same time from as the G3/flovored iMacs to the G4/LCD ones.