Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Hey I just had a thought, because game enter is coming in 4.1 I think each game is going to be run through a validator when it connects to gamecenter just like Warcraft bnet. It would deny entry and can possibly prevent the game from running again due to illegal activity...

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I assume you mean cracked games. Yeah, thought had crossed my mind too but I doubt that it's tied to your itunes account and would be aware that you didn't actually purchased the game.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I glad you all can just jump in and repeat over and over "buy the game", it's helpful. I don't thing the thread was ever intended so you can bloat you moral egos but rather to discuss if game center can be used to prevent such actions.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I glad you all can just jump in and repeat over and over "buy the game", it's helpful. I don't thing the thread was ever intended so you can bloat you moral egos but rather to discuss if game center can be used to prevent such actions.

As i said before unless you steal games, finding out if it is possible or not is pointless, regardless of your opinion of everyone else moral

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
As i said before unless you steal games, finding out if it is possible or not is pointless, regardless of your opinion of everyone else moral

Way to miss the point. Personally I'm interested in Apple finding a way to end the cracking of apps so it's not pointless if it's possible or not. So instead of jumping on the 'stealing is wrong' bandwagon and ignore it happens or discuss way that could prevent it, like game center.

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
yeah pay the money. I hate cheap people who won't pay for an app but then buys something pointless like A GIANT PINK PEN. for the price as the app.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Way to miss the point. Personally I'm interested in Apple finding a way to end the cracking of apps so it's not pointless if it's possible or not. So instead of jumping on the 'stealing is wrong' bandwagon and ignore it happens or discuss way that could prevent it, like game center.

Wel..I will say it again, I don't worry about crack or stolen apps, so if Apple find a way to stop it or not is not really of relevance to me. Never got into the stealing is wrong' bandwagon, i said it was pointless.... way to miss the point

PS: by the way, there is not such a thing as "ending" the cracking of App, that is the nature of software, all they can do is raise the bar that's all.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Wel..I will say it again, I don't worry about crack or stolen apps, so if Apple find a way to stop it or not is not really of relevance to me.

Maybe that's because your not a developer who has had their work stolen? It's not 'only a problem if you steal games' as you said.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Maybe that's because your not a developer who has had their work stolen? It's not 'only a problem if you steal games' as you said.

LOL I am a developer, security is never on system is on the user. Developers knows that, it is not about how secure the system is.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
if you have to steal $1 apps then you shouldn't be spending your time gaming on a phone, you should be looking for a job.

choice

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I love the same hacked police who jump on anyone who mention anything about anything on the topic of pirating or installous.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I wonder how many of you moral police pay for a tethering plan..Just saying hypocrites.

Oh lets not go there. They can't steal something they pay the right to use however they want even though they signed an agreement saying exactly how they can and can't use it..

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
On topic here, I'm going to have to say that I doubt there will be extra validation of purchases. I'd have no problems if there was though.

I only came into this thread thinking that you were referring to Game Center detecting if the phone was jailbroken, not if the game was pirated. That would worry me.

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Push Notification works on cracked apps, so I doubt this would be able to shut them down.

They may not work with GameCenter though.

I'll admit to trying Installous for a time, to "try before I buy" but at one point I made the personal decision to delete any cracked apps I had, and support the developers.

I'm not trying to be "holier than thou" about the whole thing. I'm just sharing my own thoughts.

danno1769

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
Im sure the Cracked Game Police here have paid for every song on their ipod and have never downloaded anything that wasnt fully paid for

On Topic, Open Feint and Game Loft Live work perfectly so that could be a good sign that they will work.

TheConfuzed1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2003
Im sure the Cracked Game Police here have paid for every song on their ipod and have never downloaded anything that wasnt fully paid for

On Topic, Open Feint and Game Loft Live work perfectly so that could be a good sign that they will work.

As I said, I am not "holier than thou," nor am I some kind of piracy cop.

If someone asks me how to use pirated software, I'll answer their questions.

As for the music on my iPod, no, it isn't all legal, and I never said otherwise.

I simply stated that I made a personal decision to support the developers.

The music labels can go suck it for all I'm concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.