Game of Thrones Season 2

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chordate68, Apr 2, 2012.

1. chordate68, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

chordate68 macrumors regular

chordate68

I didn't see a Game of Thrones thread in the forum, so here it is.

Season 1 recap: A lot of stuff happened.

Too much to list.

Last night's episode: Spoilers--> Robb Stark continues to move South with his host of northmen. Jon Snow heads north or the wall will the Lord Commander and the Night Watch. Bran takes care of business in Winterfell. Sansa is subject to more of Geoffrey's ill will. Daenerys is moving through the Red Wastes with her dragons and what's left with her khalessar. Stannis and his red priestess burn the seven on Dragonstone and commit themselves to the Lord of Light.<--End Spoiler

Feel free to add or correct my mistakes. Just mark your spoilers.

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

3. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

So, I gather HBO doesn't sell episodes on the iTunes Store until the season is over?

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

Idk, but they definitely wouldn't do it the day after release.

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

*Joffrey

Solid episode. Not quite as good as some of the episodes last season, but as I recall the first half of the book is a little bit slow as well.

Nice to see Tyrion and Cersei getting along, though. :D

6. malman89 macrumors 68000

I thought it was a solid opener to the season. It was just a little hard because I only just got around to watching Season 1 the other week, so part of me still had the mindset of "next!" or "more!" when I have to take it one episode at a time now :mad: heh.

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Queen Cersei continues to be fierce...I don't care how evil she is. :D

8. eric/ Guest

eric/

You could read the books. That's what I did. :D

9. malman89 macrumors 68000

That's what I'm going to do once I finish what I'm reading first. Need to track them down, preferably at the library.

10. eric/ Guest

eric/

If you have the money, I definitely recommend purchasing them. You're going to most likely need to read them more than once. They are very in depth.

But if you can find them at a library and it's convenient that's definitely a good option.

11. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

If Joffrey says "mommy", "mom", or "mother" one more time I am going to strangle my couch pillow. How old is that kid? 13? 12?

I hate antagonists in tv or movies...they make me so mad.

12. haiggy macrumors 65816

13. malman89 macrumors 68000

Fantastic. Might have to look it up when I'm home. Especially if it's on a stream site rather than just torrents.

14. chordate68 thread starter macrumors regular

chordate68

I share the same sentiment. Cersei is the classic overbearing mother. Then she doesn't take responsibility for the monster she creates.

15. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Yep, I thought the scene with Petyr Baelish was very interesting. They painted him last season as such a crafty and well connected individual who knows how to manipulate and manage people. But, in this episode we see him "poke the momma bear with a stick". Very foolish I thought. She, of course, helped him see the error of his ways and reminded him that she has enough "power" to deal with him.

I've not read the books and I'm sure the encounter is foreshadowing of some sort.

Joffrey is indeed quite the immature and impulsive monster. The actor is doing a splendid job at making himself unlikeable and scary.

16. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I think she is starting to realize that she did create a "monster". It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, Tyrion has on him as the Hand of the King.

That scene with Baelish was my favorite of the episode. It knocked him down a notch, and also showed that Cersei isn't going to run and hide from the rumors hovering around.

17. chordate68 thread starter macrumors regular

chordate68

Littlefinger won't take a slight of that magnitude lightly. Remember what he did to Ned Stark? He is as scheming as Cersei is beautiful.

18. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I agree...and I don't believe he will make such an error again. She won that round, though. And proved her point splendidly.

19. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

It was great seeing the cast back in action, especially Peter Dinklage :D. He has been fantastic so far and now that Tyrion is in King's Landing...it should be interesting.

I'm wondering how confusing the opening episode was for those who hadn't read the book? The story is about to expand out quite a bit now, it'll be interesting to see how they manage all the story lines.

20. eric/ Guest

eric/

It's so great watching you guys try and figure out what's going to happen. :D

<- read all the books

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I have - and I'm sure a few others have well - since we've had to wait almost a year between seasons.

I still have tried to avoid most spoilers regarding the series, though...and I've tried to put what I know is going to happen out of my mind when I'm watching. And of course, watching everything play out on screen has been very cool. Their casting decisions have been spot on, IMO.

22. ristlin Guest

Can a show be *too* R-rated? Game of Thrones

I don't mind the occasional nipple, but I thought Game of Thrones in season 2 went a little overboard. I don't think there is a single actress we haven't seen shed her clothes as if Winter isn't coming.

For anyone who has read the books, is this really what happens?

Thoughts, concerns, opinions?

23. Erko macrumors member

Haven't seen the show, but yeah, the books are quite "frisky" at times.;)

24. ristlin Guest

Thanks.

I read the Sword of Truth series (Terry Goodkind) and when I heard they were making a show out of it I sort of cringed (the books get pretty graphic). But perhaps HBO should've picked it up, because although the show isn't bad, it definitely isn't true to the books.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Watch the second season of Spartacus and then you won't even notice.