Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
He is talking about @mikecohenn if you look at his tweets he has some pics with geohot in them.(geohot said to follow @mikecohenn for future JB info when he left twitter (something like that)

I remember last year geohot got tired of waiting on the dev team to release their tool so he went ahead and released blackra1n.

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
He is talking about @mikecohenn if you look at his tweets he has some pics with geohot in them.

I remember last year geohot got tired of waiting on the dev team to release their tool so he went ahead and released blackra1n.

He needs to do this right now with the ip4. Im also tired of waiting for the dev-team... but what can you do.. just bitch because there's nothing personally I can do to get my phone jailbroke. It would at least be nice for the dev team to release an around about date.. like a week, a month, etc.. instead of keeping quiet on their high horse. I don't care if its pretty or easy to install. I also don't care about people that didn't get their ip4s yet.. they can wait for a new jb release in the future.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
He needs to do this right now with the ip4. Im also tired of waiting for the dev-team... but what can you do.. just bitch because there's nothing personally I can do to get my phone jailbroke. It would at least be nice for the dev team to release an around about date.. like a week, a month, etc.. instead of keeping quiet on their high horse. I don't care if its pretty or easy to install. I also don't care about people that didn't get their ip4s yet.. they can wait for a new jb release in the future.

They don't really have to do or announce anything. And it doesn't mean they are on a high horse, it just means its not ready or they are testing it. So all you can do is wait and appreciate what they are doing for FREE. Or develop your own JB tool

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
So mikecohen posted this:

MikeCohen said:
What's a good time to make it ra1n?

and the OP wrote this:

And he's gonna make it ra1n!!!

According to his mate on twitter.

What a stretch, man!

Read the rest of his tweets and see if you want to belief anything that guys says. It looks like a normal freshman in college trying to impress people with nonsense.

This hardly warrants a thread that say "GEOHOT IS BACK!!!" I nominate you for the mistitled thread of day award :D

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky

Your not entitled to anything. If you really wanted it faster then start coding and find your own exploits. They don't release time frames because they do not know when it will be done. Not to mention bitching about the dev team when it's comex that has the next JB coming out.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
So mikecohen posted this:

Read the rest of his tweets and see if you want to belief anything that guys says. It looks like a normal freshman in college trying to impress people with nonsense.

This hardly warrants a thread that say "GEOHOT IS BACK!!!" I nominate you for the mistitled thread of day award :D

I honestly don't believe he walked away from anything except for being the target of all the whinny little kids (see Sp71Supra post). I'm willing to be he's still working but needs a buffer between him and them.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
I'm starting to feel like I'm reading perezhilton.com when I come to this subforum.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I honestly don't believe he walked away from anything except for being the target of all the whinny little kids (see Sp71Supra post). I'm willing to be he's still working but needs a buffer between him and them.

that very well might be the case - and Im starting to think you are right. good obeservation.

Nonetheless, this last tweet doesn't justify a "HE'S BACK!" misleading thread title - there is no evidence anywhere to support either or.

It's all pure speculation, right?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC

"High horse"? Jesus, the sense of entitlement some people have regarding jailbreaks is exactly the reason Hotz decided to step away from it. Either develop the skills it takes to create your own jailbreak, or wait patiently. People should be thankful that there are people like Hotz and the Dev Team who will voluntarily give up dozens of hours of their own free time to create something like this.

iPhoneVic

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Hey

Unbunch your panties...they will release it when they are ready..if they released it to soon and it was really unstable, then I'd hate to see what
your panties would look like...LOL

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
Your not entitled to anything. If you really wanted it faster then start coding and find your own exploits. They don't release time frames because they do not know when it will be done. Not to mention bitching about the dev team when it's comex that has the next JB coming out.

Is comex not a part of the dev team? If you read my post, you would see that I said there is nothing I can do about it. I love how everyone on here wants to swing from the dev teams nuts. Im just bitching about them not even giving us a round about or any sort of progress. Its like their sitting around circle jerking each other and when they all finish they will release the jb. Why not release a beta (its obviously done) and if you mess your phone up then so be it, id be willing to take the risk. I also don't want to hear "You can't bitch when its free".. well thats the dev teams dumb ass fault for not charging for it. I know if I put that much time into it, I would be charging. I would pay $100 for a beta right now... LMK where to send the money dev team!

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

Wow. Just...wow.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I love how everyone on here wants to swing from the dev teams nuts. Im just bitching about them not even giving us a round about or any sort of progress. Its like their sitting around circle jerking each other and when they all finish they will release the jb.

An alternative is to stop complaining and learn how to do it yourself. That way you can have your jailbreak whenever you want.

Sp71Supra

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
An alternative is to stop complaining and learn how to do it yourself. That way you can have your jailbreak whenever you want.

Another alternative is to release a "not so pretty" version that is a little more complicated than waiting 2 months to clean it all up and have a one click jb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.