Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is once again offering a 10 percent bonus when adding funds to your Apple ID account, through July 10, in the U.S., Canada, U.K., and likely other countries.

apple_id_bonus_jun2020.jpg

The bonus can be applied once on up to $200 or £200 in Apple ID funds, which can be used towards purchases on the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books Store, an Apple Music or iCloud storage subscription, and so forth. If you add the maximum $200 to your account in the U.S., for example, you will receive $220 during this promotion.

To add funds directly to your Apple ID, go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes & App Store and tap your Apple ID > View Apple ID. Sign in if necessary, tap "Add Funds to Apple ID," tap the amount that you want to add, and confirm your selection. On iOS 14, the "iTunes & App Store" menu has been renamed to "Media & Purchases."

Article Link: Get a 10% Bonus When Adding Funds to Your Apple ID Through July 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Javabird

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
So let me get this straight. I can put $200 into my Apple Cash card and get a $20 bonus. Afterwards, I can use this to make a payment off my Apple Card? Seems too good to be true.

Edit: Nvm. I misread. It is for Apple ID Funds only. Dang it.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Pirate!

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2017
So let me get this straight. I can put $200 into my Apple Cash card and get a $20 bonus. Afterwards, I can use this to make a payment off my Apple Card? Seems too good to be true.

Just me or are there too many different places to put cash with Apple right now (Apple store GC, iTunes GC, Apple ID [the catch-all?], Apple Card, Apple Cash, others?). Give me one, maybe two options.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

You can still use it to pay for iCloud Storage, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, etc so it's still worthwhile if you use any of their services. Typically in the past I would buy iTunes gift cards when you can get them for 15-25% off online at places like Amazon, Target, Best Buy and eBay and load up my balance for this, but I haven't noticed as many sales this year, probably due to the pandemic.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
If you have a subscription to Apple Music, will it automatically try to use money in the Apple ID before going to the credit card?

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
Just me or are there too many different places to put cash with Apple right now (Apple store GC, iTunes GC, Apple ID [the catch-all?], Apple Card, Apple Cash, others?). Give me one, maybe two options.

It's by necessity. Wal-Mart and Best Buy aren't going to sell Apple Store gift cards so people can buy the same hardware they sell from a competitor. However, app and iCloud purchases don't compete against them directly. On the other hand, a drugstore isn't going to have a problem selling both cards.

They also aren't going to push an Apple credit card when they have their own store cards.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
To add funds directly to your Apple ID, go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes & App Store and tap your Apple ID > View Apple ID. Sign in if necessary, tap "Add Funds to Apple ID," ...
When I tap "Add Funds to Apple ID", I get an error. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 9.02.46 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 9.02.46 AM.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
Yep. That's what I do. iCloud Storage, Apple Music, etc. It'll pull from that before charging your CC (assuming you have enough to cover the cost).
If you don't have the full amount, will it take whatever you have in Apple ID and charge the balance to your CC?

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
"likely other countries"? Not too reassuring. How can you determine if you are getting the 10% bonus? When US or UK users choose the amount to add to their Apple ID, do they see the amount with bonus prior to clicking the Purchase button?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.