Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the announcement of the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro at this week's "Wonderlust" event, carrier discounts and offers have quickly emerged for the latest generation of iPhone. In this article we're highlighting all of the best carrier deals you can expect ahead of pre-order day on Friday.

iphone-15-blue-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Remember that for all of the links and deals below, you won't be able to add the iPhone 15 to your cart and get the discounts until pre-orders go live at 5 a.m. Pacific Time on September 15. The smartphones will then launch on September 22.

Like years past, most of the carriers are all offering similar discounts. Apple even mentioned these sales during its keynote, stating it was working with multiple carriers to offer customers as much as $1,000 off the new iPhone 15 Pro Max.

AT&T

AT&T has the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models at no cost when you trade in an eligible smartphone and put the new device on an unlimited data plan. All of AT&T's new deals are available for both new and existing customers.

iphone-15-blue-3.jpg

You can get the iPhone 15 Plus for up to $830 off and the iPhone 15 Pro Max for up to $1,000 off, both with an eligible smartphone trade in on a qualifying installment agreement. There's also a $35 activation/upgrade fee that comes with the new smartphones.

For every AT&T offer, you'll receive the discounts in the form of bill credits. You'll get up to $1,000 in bill credits on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max with a smartphone trade in value of $230 or more.

You'll get up to $830 in bill credits with a smartphone trade in value of $130 to $229. Additionally, you'll get up to $350 in bill credits with a smartphone trade in value of $35 to $129.

AT&T has Apple Watch deals, allowing customers to buy one and get another for $300 off without any trade in required.

Finally, AT&T is marking down the iPhone 14 family of smartphones to as low as $15/month for 14 and 14 Pro, and $20/month for 14 Pro Max. No trade in is required to get the deals on these previous generation devices, which also includes the ninth generation iPad.

Verizon

New and existing Verizon customers can get up to $1,000 off any iPhone 15 model with any iPhone trade-in, which means you can get the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro at no cost. Existing customers upgrading can get up to $830 off the new iPhone 15 lineup on Unlimited plans.

iphone-15-blue-4.jpg

You can also get the Apple Watch Series 9 for less than $6/month or an Apple Watch Ultra 2 for $14/month when purchased alongside select iPhones with a qualified watch trade-in.

Lastly, Verizon is one of the only carriers hosting a notable accessory sale on iPhone launch day. You can get 25 percent off MagSafe chargers and 20 percent off select cases, chargers, and screen protectors for iPhone 15 devices.

T-Mob... Click here to read rest of article

Article Link: Get Ready for iPhone 15 Pre-Orders With This List of the Best Carrier Deals

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
The trade in for Verizon is in the form of bill credits. Not an up amount. You need to pay for the device and what you trade in is taken off your monthly bill. I asked them. Hard pass.
It depends on the device. You will get part instant credit and the rest installment credits.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

abatabia

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2023
New Jersey
It depends on the device. You will get part instant credit and the rest installment credits.
Thank you. I’ve personally moved away from financing these. I either want to pay for the device up front or not at all. Did that last year with my 14 pro and will do that next year with my 16 whatever they call it. But thanks for the clarification!

tmoney468

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
FYI, on Verizon you need to be on one of their new unlimited plans to get the trade in credit. I'm on their older Play More plan which has more features than the newer ones. Hard pass for me

Existing customers can upgrade and get up to $830 off the new iPhone 15 line-up with select trade-in on qualified Unlimited plans

$829.99 (128 GB only) device payment or full retail purchase w/new smartphone line on postpaid Unlimited Plus or Unlimited Ultimate plan req'd.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
Are any of the phones on carrier installment plans unlocked? I know the answer is no but I hope to one day be pleasantly surprised.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
So basically get $800 off broken down within 36 months.

I mean, it isn’t a bad deal unless you want less than the $800 right away.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Thank you. I’ve personally moved away from financing these. I either want to pay for the device up front or not at all. Did that last year with my 14 pro and will do that next year with my 16 whatever they call it. But thanks for the clarification!
I'd say if you afford the lump sum always just pay in full, then you don't have to deal with paying it off when you want to upgrade and waiting for it to clear on Apple's side.

mlrproducts

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2004
On ATT you pay tax on full amount of phone plus $35 BS "activation" fee, then you get $1000 worth of credits over 36 months, you're essentially singing a 3-year agreement to get the phone for "free." After the phone is paid off in 36 months you can request an unlock from ATT.

However - where is the list of what trade ins are worth $230 or more???

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
It's nice Visible is providing deals considering the anti-consumer change to Apple Card where you need to be connected to one of the Big Three to finance or even get a CitizensOne installment loan.

I use Visible and is still the best MVNO by value so far. Upper edge over Mint with roaming support and true unlimited. Having postpaid is a sinkhole of money.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
It’s good to get some kind of benefit from the carrier with device purchases. However, depending on how old the device is for trade in and keeping the new one a minimum of 2 years and up to 3 years to really get a ’free’ device. Many don’t want to wait that long before new and end up losing big portion of credits. The carriers changing from 24 months to 36 months credits really is to their benefit now.

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Unless you are already on one of the top tier plans, the deals aren’t deals. They are sucker plans that give more profit to the carrier.
Yeah, I really don’t get these “deals”
I didn’t look at them this year but usually you have to buy a lot of garbage that you don’t need
so you don’t end up saving money. Better to sell the phone on swappa or whatever.

ctklein

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
T-Mobile really is pushing it with these new plans. $100 for a single line and the only "benefits" are the ability to upgrade every 1-2 years and nothing really else......and its annoying for me this year as I JUST got my new 512GB Z Flip 5 and none of these carriers or apple themselves are giving much if anything for it as trade in value (apple doesnt even have it listed on their trade in device options). So looks like sadly to go back to iPhone to get the 15PM I'm essentially going to have to pay full price. 😩

Mdifilm

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2010
Cleveland
I’m trying to see what’s better if anyone can chime in:

Apple is offering $200 trade in (iPhone 11) and then if you monthly installment with att I get bill credit for $800

Att offers flat out $830 bill credit with trade in only and installment for 36 months. Plus $70 for activation on two phones.

So I think Apple is better deal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.