Getvideoartwork.com gone??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jkramb, Apr 3, 2009.

1. jkramb macrumors member

Am i the only one who is getting an error message when going to this site? i hope it isn't gone for good, I love that site and use it for all of my movies.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

They've been talking about a complete site redesign over the past couple months... maybe they've finally gotten around to it and are working on getting it implemented?

4. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

does anyone have thumbnails for the bourne ultimatum, and collateral that they could maybe e-mail me? if you do, send me a private message please.

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

6. eschulist macrumors member

impawards is nice if youre not picky, but all the posters are covered in studio crap and have lots of unnecessary text.

I used getvideo last night so I don't know what the problem is.

I'd recommend checking out http://www.themoviedb.org/ as they have posters and wallpapers for most movies in the last few years and most of it is clean.

A place I also use, but costs money is http://www.movieposterdb.com/
    They even have the most obscure and foreign films. Any popular movie is also going to most likely have a high resolution poster up to 5,000 pixels with no text

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

That is what I am hoping as I need some artwork for films I have just encoded and half-tagged.

@srl7741 and eschulist those are bad sites...

8. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

What do u mean by Bad? I'm still learning so a follow up to that would be great. Thanks

9. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Hmmm... It was working for me 1st thing this morning (UK time) but now has completely gone.

10. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I know the admin/moderators from GVAW come here every now and again, if they could tell us what is going on that would be great:)

Or they could put a holding page up saying what is happening.

11. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Let's hope - quite simply the best artwork website.

12. colinmack macrumors regular

They tend to not have 'clean' artwork - not the proper dimensions, not high enough quality, from a scan instead of an original digital source, or littered with credits or movie dates on the poster.

Fine if you're not that picky, but the getvideoartwork artwork is leaps and bounds better, as the iTunes artwork is high-resolution, clean, properly sized, normally is prepared from an original source, and looks much better and consistent across your entire iTunes library...

13. roidy macrumors 6502a

Wouldn`t suprise me if Apple hasn`t had the site shut down for hosting their copyrighted artworks.

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple has NO copyrights to ANY of the artwork. They don't make the movies, they don't market the movies, they don't own the movies. :confused:

15. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

It isn't Apple's artwork at all, the studios own the rights to them not Apple, if GVAW got closed down for giving decent artwork and another site like IPMAwards which has crap isn't that is crud.

16. roidy macrumors 6502a

Well maybe one of the studios then, I love the site, I get all my artwork from there and don`t want it see it go. But it makes you wonder whats happened.

17. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Thanks

After looking over the other site i noticed that. I have now started switching out many of my Album Art work. Thanks for the info.

18. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

19. roidy macrumors 6502a

Thats good news, I`ve just finished ripping a stack of DVDs and didn`t realise just how much I missed it until it was gone.

20. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

My thoughts exactly. I was all ready to go through a bunch of things I've ripped and just needed to tag but then had to delay it all. Good to know its back!

21. Felder71 macrumors member

Hooray! They are as important a part of my work flow as Fairmount, Handbrake, and MetaX.

22. jumpthegap macrumors newbie

23. SeymourSkinner macrumors newbie

The site went down about three days ago and the message would suggest it was taken down by the hosting service without the site owner's permission. It was/is a brilliant site with the best artwork online so I really hope it comes back. I know Apple don't "own" the artwork but the fact that this site was also hosting the "iTunes version" of many covers was probably going to draw unwanted attention sooner or later. If it doesn't return I hope the owner can upload the vast database to another service and perhaps give details here. Anyone got any further info?

24. wrkngclasshero macrumors regular

wrkngclasshero

any news??? I just started blu ray encoding and would hate to have to find a new source of artwork!!!