Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doctorandrew

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2012
Just got my full body installed at their kiosk in Roosevelt Field Mall. It looks great. They still only had the 3 piece back, but you can't tell unless you are looking for it.

SuperMiguel

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
Just got my full body installed at their kiosk in Roosevelt Field Mall. It looks great. They still only had the 3 piece back, but you can't tell unless you are looking for it.

whats the difference between the 3 piece back and the single piece why is the single better?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
The 3 part depending on how good the installer does leaves gaps since is 3 separate pieces

I can't decide which is better.
The three part might leave gaps where dust and dirt will accumulate however, the 1 part might bubble up where the seams are.:(

EDIT: By seams, I meant on the back of the iPhone 5 where the the glass parts meet the metal.

Last edited:

sd13

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I had the ghost armor last year for my 4s. In the beginning, i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. However, after a few weeks of normal everyday use, it started peeling like crazy. Paid the $5 for a replacement and that one peeled too.

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
It cost about $40 total
Full body & installation

Yep i got it done during lunch! I really like the back and sides. The front is going to take some getting used it. The shield is good quality but non glass feel (drag) is what I find strange. I just need to get used to it. The installer was nice and cool. Good experience for me.

HungryNoggin

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
No issues with flash

Question:

I went by a GA kiosk and noted the very small, close cut-out around the flash on the back (as opposed to the larger pill-shaped cut-out for the flash used by other skins and cases).

This concerns me, as the Phantom Skins I had on my 4 were similarly cut very close to the flash, and caused a lot of flash issues when taking pictures (the skin caught and reflected the light back, much like the first "flawed" iPhone 4 cases did before they were re-designed to use the "pill" shape.)

Can anyone with experience with the GA for the iPhone 5 speak as to whether this flash cut-out on the GA causes similar issues?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike

I also was concerned about small cutout around flash but can report I have had no issues with flash. Had GA installed on iPhone 5 on Thursday and it looks terrific!

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
Replacement one piece back installed - poor fit

Damn, I just installed the replacement one piece back and its fit leaves much to be desired. Specifically there is too much of a gap along each side. The piece is slightly too narrow, leaving space on each side of the back exposed. The fit around the camera, flash and mic appears solid and the top to bottom fit is also good.

My original three piece fit better, and now I'm bummed I took it off. Anybody else experience the same poor cut on their replacement film?

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Had mine done in all clear and here is my wives phone. She loves it and its growing on me! Actually it's pretty damn cool in person.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
Where did you get the one piece back ?^

And can you take a pic

Ghost Armor originally shipped a three piece back, but then decided to go to the one piece. Many in this forum rec'd the three piece. I requested the new one piece design through their warranty and installed today.

I'll try to take a pic later today when I can get somebody else to take a photo.

Iphone 2.2

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
i went to the mall and asked for the one piece design, and they said they werent gonna carry it yet. i had originally got the 3 piece, but as reading on here i heard about the one piece and asked them about it.

the installer said the 3 piece is better cause of the 3 piece design on the back of the phone. they said u would see the line that divides the 3 pieces on the phone and that no matter how how perfect they got it. u still might get air in between those lines and it might peel or even dust in their.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Ghost Armor originally shipped a three piece back, but then decided to go to the one piece. Many in this forum rec'd the three piece. I requested the new one piece design through their warranty and installed today.

I'll try to take a pic later today when I can get somebody else to take a photo.

How does the warranty work , you pay for shipping ?

What if you bought it at their kiosk

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I had the GA applied on the first day (Sep 14th). The back was 3 pieces and the sided many small pieces.

With the update now having one piece, are the sides any different? There is a gap all along the edge of the pieces, almost as if they did no know the dimension. Perhaps that is how the look?

Others (BSE, etc) have long side pieces that cover almost to the edge of the sides.

Anyone notice this?

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
How does the warranty work , you pay for shipping ?

What if you bought it at their kiosk

It's a simple online process. Just go into your account/order and click through to the warranty. You pay for shipping the replacement out and agree to send back the original Ghost Armor within a certain time frame, otherwise they'll charge your card.

When you get the new film, they include a sheet where you stick your old Ghost Armor pieces on to ship back.

----------

I had the GA applied on the first day (Sep 14th). The back was 3 pieces and the sided many small pieces.

With the update now having one piece, are the sides any different? There is a gap all along the edge of the pieces, almost as if they did no know the dimension. Perhaps that is how the look?

Others (BSE, etc) have long side pieces that cover almost to the edge of the sides.

Anyone notice this?

The gap on my one piece is much larger than the gap on my three piece. My three piece fit quite well edge to edge, but width-wise, the one piece I rec'd is too narrow on both sides.

Pretty disappointed to think I may have to do yet another return, wait for replacement, take old one off and reapply. Hopefully other previous three piece users can chime in to advise how their one piece back fits.

BigBen209

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
How does the ghost armor feel compared to the naked glass? Or to other screen protectors? I love the idea of the Glas.t, but the combination of the price and thickness, and the installation have me leaning towards a non glass screen protector, but I want the smoothest glass feel while retaining full retina visual and protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.