Ghost keyboard after swipe to unlock

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by mikedemunck, Feb 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mikedemunck macrumors newbie

mikedemunck

I have been running into a pretty annoying bug since I got my XS.

After you swipe to unlock and immediately start typing on an empty area on the bottom of the screen (where a keyboard would normally appear), ghost keys appear on screen and you are not able to swipe to the next screen (for as long as the bug is present, which is a second or two).

Note: The bug is only present when you have set an alphanumeric code for your iPhone. When a 4 or 6 digit numeric code is set, there is no problem. The bug is still present in the 12.2 beta's.

I reported the bug multiple times now to Apple, but maybe I'm alone with this problem? Anyone else? fullsizeoutput_480e.jpeg

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/hidden-keyboard-after-unlock-xs-max.2169761/

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...eyboard-presses-on-home-screen.2158914/unread

3. mikedemunck thread starter macrumors newbie

mikedemunck

I actually searched the forums, but didn’t find those posts... well thanks anyway. Let’s hope it is fixed soon.

4. Codeigniter macrumors member

Codeigniter

Don’t wanna jinx it but the latest 12.4 build the phantom keyboard doesn’t seem to appear after being unlocked anymore. Tested on my iPad Pro as well.

5. mikedemunck thread starter macrumors newbie

mikedemunck

Don’t know about 12.4, but it’s definitely fixed in iOS 13. Good to hear that they included the fix in 12.4 as well

6. Codeigniter macrumors member

Codeigniter

Cool! I’ve been meaning to upgrade to the beta perhaps beta 5 will be where I pull the trigger. Thx for sharing :)

7. mikedemunck thread starter macrumors newbie

mikedemunck

Crap. The bug has returned in ios13 beta 7. Hopefully it is fixed in the next beta