Girls having the 6 plus iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2015Girl, Feb 29, 2016.

1. 2015Girl macrumors regular

2015Girl

I'm upgrading this fall and was wondering does any girl have the 6 plus?? How do you like it??

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hmmm
    Is there something gender specific about the phone? Seems like an utterly silly question. You can do anything you want to do, if you want to do it.

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

There are plenty of people who own it. Just go play with it at a store and see if you like the size.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The Plus size phone is just as much a "male only" phone just as the Rose Gold is just a "female only" colour for a phone.

Meaning, go with whatever you like and prefer.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i think more girls have it because you can store it a purse rather than your pocket...

6. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

There are approximately 17,000 people where I work and in casual observation over the last 17 months I'd say there are possibly more women than men with the plus. Go for it!

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I work amongst about 20,000. After visiting several of our sites it's apparent that 5.5" smartphones, both Android and iOS are very popular with the ladies.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Come on. Is it not totally obvious that she's worried about her hands being smaller than the average male's?

In the end we still can't answer the question. The OP needs to go try it for herself. But at least that's an actual response to the question instead of everyone pretending that this is the first time in our lives we've noticed men and women have different bodies.

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I guess you didn't understand at all what I said and you skipped over the part where I said "Meaning, go with whatever you like and prefer." After the portion you quoted of me.

So how is your "answer" any different? I said basically to not worry about what phones females get or don't get. And to get whichever one she likes and prefers.

10. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I'm assuming that are you a girl....and if you put a dress on the iphone 6 plus...you might think it's cute.

11. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have the 6S Plus and like it. I know woman who have very small hands, mine aren't, but I still need to use two hands. But I live with it because I find the screen size very valuable for using some apps and a stylus that otherwise aren't as good on the smaller 6/6S screen.

Saying that, I agree, you have to go try it out at the store.

12. xixi.li macrumors regular

Someone in this forum tells me women likes to control the big size things ,6+ is ok for you.

13. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yes I have the iPhone 6S plus and before that I had the iPhone 6 Plus and before that the original Galaxy note and the note 3. So as you can see I'm a girl that likes big phones. I have small hands and I'm not very tall (5"3) but I have no problems using big phones. I just put them in my bag and I'm good to go. I've seen plenty of other women when I'm out and about with an iPhone 6/S plus or a galaxy note.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My wife has a plus and she loves it. She's always on the phone.

15. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I see more women with the Plus then men when im going to work and so on.

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You're right. I don't understand how "color" and "hand size" are at all comparable things.

If someone asked you "do these pants fit?" would you really reply with "doesn't matter...do you like the color?"

This is what led me to think that you didn't understand what she was asking about.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Come on. Do you really think anyone can help her with this? Even if we know the exact size of her hands, could we really tell her whether or not there should be a concern?
    But hey, thank goodness you cleared it all up for us.

18. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Of course not, which is why I said exactly that.

20. melman101 macrumors 68030

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

My wife has the 6+ and likes it. If you carry a purse around then go with the Plus, no matter which one you go with you're not going to be able to use it one handed, so if pocket ability isn't an issue then the Plus is better.

Alternatively since you are upgrading in the fall Apple might come out with a new 4" phone between now and then, and you might like that since you can use it with one hand.

22. takeshi74, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nope. You seem to be conflating "obvious" with "I assume". Women do not all have small hands. We have no idea what size hands the OP has or what size device she is comfortable using.

Plenty of responses prior to yours had nothing to do with that and, again, you can't just assume that all females have small hands or prefer small smartphones.

Apples and oranges. Smartphones aren't fitted in the same sort of way that pants are. Gloves on the other hand...

In any case, there are people with small hands that use large smartphones. There are people with large hands that use small smartphones. There are other permutations as well. You can't just assume small hands = small phone and vice-versa.

lagwagon made the analogy between device size and color because neither are gender specific.

23. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

You didn't understand it at all.

I mentioned colour because when the Rose Gold option became available, there were countless threads and posts of males asking if Rose Gold was too "girly" of a colour to get.

This thread, a female basically asking if the larger iPhone Plus is to "manly" of a phone size to get as a female.

It's the same scenario and have the same answers. Neither can be answered by anyone but the purchaser. It all comes down to personal likes and preference and the decision shouldn't be made off others opinions.

That is the connection you failed to miss.

24. jannette macrumors 6502

I am a woman and have a 6 plus. I would not buy another plus. It is too big to fit into pockets and so I have to take my purse everywhere. Also not good for when I run and need the phone with me for tracking on my AW.