Glad I didn't go for the 6 Plus after seeing this video lol.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Sep 12, 2014.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

To be fair they made a mock up and so i question the validity.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I dont know man, they look like they were all on meth so i cant realy take them seriously

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Sounds like somebody wasn't able to get the iPhone 6+ and needs reassurance.

4. entraik thread starter Suspended

Oh, believe me I was thinking about the 6+yesterday and I had the option available to me last night when I placed the order, but ultimately it's situations like in the video where I need to put my phone away easily that matter.. Multitasking in real life with a 6+ doesn't seem as 'easy' My daily day to day use matters more than some extra battery life or OIS. Not to mention that with a case, the thickness will only increase.

5. coolnwo macrumors member

Okay buddy. Keep telling yourself that. I bet it hurts inside and you are doubting yourself a little bit.

6. JD84 macrumors 6502

I think it's just a phone that everybody's gonna get used to it all this dilemma about it being too big will be history by next year. Can't wait to get mine!
    6+ all the way! :p

7. entraik thread starter Suspended

Doubting? Definitely not now...perhaps yesterday afternoon! :D I'm completely content with my decision after seeing the video I linked above and a few others. I also had a chance to play around with a friends Note 3 and it just wasn't for me. But hey, if it works for you then awesome! :)

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Exactly. We've been used to the tiny phones Apple's been putting out. We'll get used to this size and move on.

----------

That's what it sounds like.

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I actually think a lot of people who bought the 6 because it has the awesome optical image stabilization, and of course the buzz word of all buzz words: 1080 resolution, will soon have buyer's remorse when they discover how gigantic the thing is. I never for one second considered the 6+ because i have always chuckled and rolled my eyes when seeing some one using one of those giant Samsung phones, whatever they're called.

10. JD84 macrumors 6502

They must not be to big if Samsung keeps making them about this size and larger. People must really like them. Just my two cents..
    different strokes for different folks.

11. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I saw this and lol. I'm still happy that I ordered the 6 Plus. I was using the Note 3 for awhile and didn't mind the size at all. It was Android OS that I didn't like. I'm glad Apple finally has a larger screen size option for those of us that like them. :)

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

In reality, everybody wants the 6 Plus. Just some people can't handle the display size so they get the 6.

13. nosmo.king44 macrumors newbie

That's what I thought......
    ;)

14. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I doubt this will be the case. Many people like myself who have owed a larger screened device in the past already know what they are like. ;)

15. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

I think the plus is nice if you don't plan to be outdoors much. Or carry a purse/clutch.

16. iPhoney Baloney macrumors member

iPhoney Baloney

I love that line. "Is that an iPhone 6 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

17. miamiblue112 macrumors member

Yeah I think Iphone addicts are going to have some remorse when they get their hands ont he 6+ and put that gameboy to their ear.

My wife was able to preorder herself a the Plus and get me the 6vanilla. My wife and others were like why are you getting the 6. I'm just under the impression that the + is going to be a huge leap for most iphone users. I think even my wife is going to be a little remorseful. But in her defense I figured, she has her purse, work bag, travel bag, and baby bag at any given time so a bigger phone will be good.

18. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Obviously the phone is huge, we all know the dimensions by now.

19. sobucky macrumors 6502

Everything comes down to personal preference...

20. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I was the same way. I was buying into the hype of the 6 Plus and was leaning towards it. When waking up at 2AM and refreshing for a full hour, I finally found clarity in my head on the issue and went with the sensible choice for me which was the iPhone 6.

I put together a mockup myself, and I can tell you the one on the videos is the right size. What makes the phone so damn big are the HUGE bezels on it! Had they had bezels on it like you find on the Galaxy Note, I would probably own a 6 Plus right now. As it is, I couldn't do it and went with the right choice for me.

All that said, to each their own for sure!

21. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

People hating on the iPhone 6 Plus have pansy boy hands.

Wait how mad 6 users are when it's confirmed the 6 Plus has 2 GB of RAM...

See, that wasn't nice of me to say. But the OP is somehow trying to make himself feel better by talking trash about the 6 Plus? Worse case scenario, it's too big and I exchange it at the Apple Store for the 6.

Chillax everyone and enjoy your decision.

22. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Well, of course, if you've owned a big screen device and are moving from it to the 6+, you'll be thrilled. I guess I was thinking of all the iPhone users who were lured by the specs and will be shocked at the size.

23. malevolant macrumors 6502

I actually did the same. After printing I used calipers to check dimensions. They were dimensionally accurate. The phone fits pretty well in MY, but I'm also a big dude and my pants are rather large.

24. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Still can't believe they did the large screen thing. Big Mistake. Hopefully they start going smaller with their phones.