Glad I didn't wait for iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jackintosh, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I'm glad I didn't wait for iPad2. Same display resolution, a tad bit more memory, and a tad bit thinner. Big deal. And probably higher priced a bit too. Would have been quite disappointing to have held off for these marginal enhancements.

2. nmills macrumors regular

:confused:
    And how exactly do you KNOW these things?

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Still just rumors at this point, based on the front page story
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1093289

Everyone has their opinion on what they value
    For some a front facing camera was the issue

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

It would have been nice to have a front facing camera but then again I've used Facetime like once.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

And it's possibly made of gumdrops and uses unicorn tears for an energy source. Is there no end to this speculation? Whatever happened to making decisions based on actual products?

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I haven't used it at all
    And if I did, I would be more likely to use my iPhone 4 instead for convenience

7. nmills macrumors regular

Yes, exactly! ;)
    They're just rumors, yet he's stating them as fact.

I'm all about speculating; this is macrumors, of course, but you can't say for sure yet...

8. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

Lol

Ha-ha! Another one with swiping syndrome.:D

9. HXGuy macrumors 68000

What exactly did you REALISTICALLY expect?

And a tad more memory? How about double the memory? And a faster processor? And a faster GPU? And a camera/FaceTime? And thinner/lighter?

And why do you expect a price increase? Sine when has Apple raised prices? If anything, it will be the same price but higher specs, that's how Apple normally does it though sometimes they actually lower the price in their products.

So what's really missing? Higher res screen and an SD card port? What would they put in the iPad 3 then? People are seriously delusional if they think the rumored iPad 2 specs aren't in-line with what they realistically should be.

10. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I'm glad I didnt wait for iPad 2 Because I have been enjoying iPad 1 since its launch day.

Oh and its still IOS that wont have any UI changed in iPad 2 so meh I dont care for a camera on it. As for thinner etc doesnt really bother me either its still thin and portable and I prefer the shape of the current design.

But to those of you buying iPad 2 then hey congrats I have been using it for a year now just without a camera :D Its cool isnt it?

11. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Honestly I don't really care about the camera, I never use FaceTime on my iPhone. What I do really care about is the memory and CPU improvements, I find the iPad is slow when it comes to surfing the web and it has problems loading picture heavy websites which I'm hoping the speed boost will help. Also looking forward to the thinner and lighter size, I do think the iPad is kind of heavy for one handed holding.

12. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

* Price will not change.
    * Dual-core CPU, dual-core graphic card, more RAM and 2 cameras, better screen are expected. Its not just memory and the device being thinner.

Everything is rumors, they may be incorrect.

You're somehow trying to convince yourself that first gen is equally good and second gen will not be a big deal by providing reasons that are incorrect like higher price. If you're happy with first gen (like many others) why try to convince yourself that holding off wasn't a good choice?

13. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I dont think its heavy at all :S even with one hand but i rarely hold it with one hand im either sitting down when I use it or lying down or at a table. So its not a problem to me. The slow down on loading websites is a tiny issue il admit sometimes it could be abit slow but not dial up slow. I cant justify paying the same ammount of more for a device that might be slightly faster at loading websites as its not really that big a deal they still load reasonably fast.

What I would like is IOS to evolve, its dated and boring now. Its annoying to open apps to find info... then close them to go into another app to look at something else... I want info on my screen On the home screen... widgets or something close to that.

I hate widgets on computers never use the dashboard on OSX but something like that on an iPad would be cool...

14. Jackintosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

It's not speculation, but based on pretty well-founded information of reports from overseas manufacturers who've started iPad2 production. Based on this information, I don't think waiting would have been worth it.

With the endless discussions here over that last year of retina displays and speculation of drastic changes, it's not panned out. This is my opinion. Hey, this is a forum of opinion and information exchange about a trivial consumer product and not a court of law over life and death, so let's relax the defensiveness.

15. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Different needs for different people. On my iPad, the web browser is open 95% of the time so I couldn't care less what iOS looks like behind it or if there are widgets on the home screen.

Like I said, the most annoying thing to me is the Internet/browsing speed. Many times when I go open a web page, I press a link only the site has loaded enough so it continues loading and registers my press on the wrong item, it's very annoying. Another instance is a page like Engadget where if you scroll through quickly the page can't keep up with your scrolling and you get the checkerboard pattern before it loads the content.

16. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

More memory for me is a worthy upgrade - I'd like to have more than 2-3 websites open without having to use Atomic Browser or having Safari reload the page.

17. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

Glad you are happy with iPad 1. Yes, obviously, iPad 2 will be better but the original is a great, perfectly functional device & the release of its successor won't change that. Plus - it's available now :D

18. nmills macrumors regular

:D

I agree. I wasn't being defensive, just saying that we can't state that as fact! That's all. And I am still as of yet undecided whether to buy or wait... ;)

19. Deke S macrumors newbie

Um....actually, that's kind of text book definition of speculation. ;)

20. helgea macrumors newbie

no BIG deal, assuming the rumors are true. but the sum of better weight, processor speed, front facing camera are certainly enough to keep me waiting. but apple does not want to many to wait. good sales of the current ipad is important w.r.t. profit.
    probably higher price?? not at all likely. the ipad2 now has some competition. apple needs to sell these in volume. it then makes perfect sense to use a standard low res display and push the price limits down, to completely kill the competition that has just started the struggle to get a foothold in the market.

21. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Same display? Faster Processor? Camera? I'm ready!

22. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

23. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

lol

24. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Ill stick with my iPad until new features of iOS etc are unable to run on it :D

My only irritation is Safari constantly refreshing pages when you have more than 3 open.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm waiting until it has a front facing camera.