Glass trackpad invite reflection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MowingDevil, Oct 10, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I've seen some of the mockups of people suggesting the invite is not the actual notebook but rather the glass trackpad. I've got a theory...at first I thought perhaps the mockup could be possible but something just didn't jive. Then it occurred to me that Payton who did the original mockup was on the right track but got it wrong. They cut out the image of the alleged notebook and used that as the trackpad. They were thinking the notebook was the trackpad & the Apple logo was within the glass but thats wrong imo. What gave it away you ask? Look closely at the top 2 corners and you see 2 rounded edges with SILVER in each corner. Those rounded edges are the same rounded edges in the spy photo...look at the trackpad area. That silver is the aluminum.

Now at first I thought the trackpad would have a bezel or frame around it and the glass area is what looks like the notebook...but I was wrong.

Here's what I firmly believe.

The invite is a photograph of a glass trackpad with a reflection of one of the new notebooks in it. Its backlight effect is from the spotlight coming down across & partially BEHIND it. The image is not crisp enough for an Apple graphic so if its a reflection it makes perfect sense that it would appear a bit low-res.

The mockup going around almost got it right but they cropped the glass trackpad to only include the REFLECTION of the notebook. If someone could please do another mockup including the whole surface of the invite so the 2 curved silver corners fit into the empty slot I believe that would be it. I don't have photoshop on this computer or I'd do it (and plus my photoshop skills aren't very good). The button is either at the bottom of the invite or it is not included, I don't know how the dimensions will work w/o photoshopping the full invite in there.

I love how the ratio of the notebook to the trackpad frames itself. Apple has always been genius with proportions so this naturally just works. The invite is ingenious and so cryptically Apple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

"gLaSs tRaCkPaD iNvItE rEfLeCtIoN"

What the hell is with the title?? :confused: :rolleyes:

edit: someone fixed it, good!

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He's been tripping on glass-id. :p

My... STARS! The ONE Apple invite that is NOT CRYPTIC IN THE LEAST and people can't understand it! It's the back of the screen of the new frigging MacBook/Pro, people!

4. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

jepp, it was so funny to see a lot of mr members hoping for new macbooks until the last second at the "let's rock" event...
    "definitely ipods but hoping for new macbooks too" :rolleyes:

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well, in that case...

"The spotlight turns to notebooks.", huh?

HEY, GUYS! MAC MINI REFRESH TIME! :p:D:eek:

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

you do know that that image is not the entire invitation right? its longer with directions. this killing your idea of the 'shape' of the track pad.

7. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Let me hazzard a guess, you got told Santa & the Easter Bunny weren't real a year too early. ;)

8. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Have you seen the larger image? If the black area & the silver parts are still there then its all good.

9. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

10. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

11. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

:confused:

12. klymr macrumors 65816

I agree! I'm pretty sure it's an aluminum MacBook (Pro) sitting in the dark with, hmmm... a damn SPOTLIGHT shining down on it lighting the top corner. Now, stop with the wishful thinking and take it for what it is.

13. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well someone at Macenstien took my suggestion (via email) and did up a revised mockup of whether it fits or not....and it does perfectly! I don't see why anyone would think its completely out of the realm of possibilities. It works and can be done...and supports some of the rumors that have traction. The best case I've heard is that its a high functioning trackpad and doesn't act as a touch screen. If this is what they're coming out with then it only makes sense to include a clue on the invite. If not, well it was fun speculating and getting mildly flamed for it. :p We'll see on Tuesday suckas! :D

[​IMG]

14. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Here's the best I could find, I think this is the full invite.
    [​IMG]

15. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I'm hazy here, how does your comment deal with Tallest's comment? You DO KNOW he's right eh? IT's the back of a laptop not a track pad... how on earth you can get a trackpad from the picture is beyond me.

It is (as stated) a spotlight shining on the back of a notebook hence "The spotlight turns to notebooks" not very cryptic at all...

Ohh yah, and a square will fit in a square.. and a rectangle will fit in a rectangle...

ZOMG, I did a mock up and the text editor for typing this post fits perfectly into the trackpad of a macbook... the new trackpad MUST BE a text editor!

16. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

yeah except the bottom section is detached. it should be one big long invite. making the 'cropped" image not the same shape or size of a trackpad.

thread closed.

17. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Payton has taken my suggestion as well. Now look at this and just imagine a notebook (with the spotlight on it) is propped so its lid is reflected in the glass trackpad of another notebook...and that image is cropped to what you see on the invite. IF there are new notebooks (such as a new cheaper notebook or aluminum MacBook) AND glass trackpads that would certainly be worthy of the THEME of Tuesday's event now wouldn't it!?!

Payton's reworked image:
    [​IMG]

*Obviously this image is JUST to show that it indeed fits.

18. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Thanks for your hostile response. :rolleyes: If you bothered to R-E-A-D what I said you'd know I said its a close up of a glass reflection of the back of a laptop. I never said it wasn't a laptop, don't loose sight of the forest for the trees.

19. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I think I'll check out whats going on in the Vaio forums....

That's just not smart. I'll admit I spent a little too much time thinking about apple, but really? I don't want to be harsh, but stop it, seriously. And apple being cryptic? COME ON! Its like they have been reading these forums and telling us what we want to hear!

20. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

i understand what you are trying to say, that the shape of the invite looks like a trackpad...but even if, the mockup doesnt take into consideration the button thats on the bottom...unless the part that says the spotlight turns to notebooks is the button part...

idk, i guess im trying to see it like you are...

21. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

You know I really knew I was going out on a limb with this...but I thought I'd have some fun & be creative. I never thought I'd have anyone angry about it. Lighten up people, its a RUMOURS forum. If you don't like it don't read it or else too bad. I don't really care if you agree with me or not to be honest. I stand by my observations. :cool: Its late, I'm off to bed.

22. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Thats exactly what I was getting at. If the button was there then it would be a giveaway...its either cropped out or covered in shadow/blacked out. The mockup was just to show that glass fit in the trackpad bay. If the button was to be added to the mockup yes it would be at the bottom where the writing is.

23. TtimeWithTy macrumors member

24. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

If it was a reflection the apple would be facing the other way. Try laying a mirror behind a Macbook and see which way the apple stem points..

25. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Achem's Razor
    If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck.....

These theories are ridiculous. The picture is of a MacBook (notebook) with a spotlight on it. Nothing cryptic, nice and simple.