Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Hey guys,
First off let me apologize for another relationship thread but I need some advice.

First some info about the girl:
She is 16 and from australia. Shes is a really great girl, pretty, not shallow at all, great to talk to. She had anorexia(over it now) and she seems really cheerfull but on the inside she is pretty depressed, we've talked about it before. I am just one of her mates, I guess she can talk to me so thats a good thing.

Now here is an interesting thing, her ex boyfriend is my best mate but he said he HONESTLY DIDNT REALLY care if I asked her out, he just wants her to be happy, which I must say is really cool of him. Another problem is another good friend of mine is hitting on her like crazy but I know for a fact he doesnt really like her he just wants some *****. Ok so on saturday night me her and the guy that wants the ***** went out to a pub to have a few drinks, it was all goin good. Then we met up with a few people and the girl, lets call her ROSIE, said she had to go home so I tell everyone I'll be right back and decide to help rosie look for a cab. Its absolutley pouring outside and rosie was cold so I give her my jacket and I'm left with nothing but a wife beater. We just started talking about stuff, her problems, my problems, whatever some serious stuff mixed in with some dumb ****, and 45 minutes pass before we notice we are standing in the rain and are supposed to get a cab. After saying goodbye she goes in a cab and leaves and I go home. Then I get an SMS from her and it says:

Patmian212 thanks so much for tonight! I had a great time, really. You are an amazing guy and I am incredibly lucky to ahve you as my friend, Thanks for listening to me even if u only pretend to understand it all. Haha. Anyway if you are free 2moro give me a call and we can hang out.

At this point im feeling great, so I go to bed happy and decide to call her in the morning. Next morning I call her and she cant do anything cuz in europe its fathers day, oh well, no biggy. So I call my friend max(guy who wants *****) and tell him to come chill at my place. As he is surfin on my ibook I decide to be sneaky and read his messages. He got one from her that said something similair to mine.

Max thanks for tonight, you are a cool guy, thanks for helping my get over daniel(ex boyfriend). I appreciate it, call me 2moro and we'll hang or something.

Ok at this point I'm like ****, that sms from the other night must have not meant anything.

But I decide not to let it get to me and I go play some pool with a mate of mine(this wass yesterday). After everyone left I got on abus to go home and decided to write her on sms, its around 1145 pm.

Hey rosie, how was fathers day? I jsut got back from playing some pool with dave. I got caught in the rain for the seonc time in 2 days and I can already feel the bronchitis;) , Ill give you a call 2moro

She didnt reply, I guess she didnt have to but I was just hoping she would.

So now im sitting here at MR feeling pathetic, not knowing what to do, to tell her I like her or not. I am not the most confident guy in the world with my lil weight problem and all and if she rejects me I dont want things to get akward cuz I really feel for this girl. I have no idea what to do. Any usefull advice guys? Im clueless.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Tell the flamin' sheila to make her bloody mind up.

Take her out to dinner and tell her you're "so hungry you could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck." She'll be amazed at your knowledge of her home country's customs and she'll be putty in your hands.

Remember, we Aussie men don't like to put up with any crap so shoot from the hip, don't pull any punches and make your intentions known.

Or you could bung on some of that spanish charm you guys are notorious for and win her over that way.

It's your choice...:D

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Just ask her out... If you don't, then the guy that wants ***** will get in first.

As my brother told me several years ago, 'the worst thing she can say is no'.

-----

I like the "so hungry you could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck" comment...

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
jamesmcd said:
Just ask her out... If you don't, then the guy that wants ***** will get in first.

As my brother told me several years ago, 'the worst thing she can say is no'.

-----

I like the "so hungry you could eat the crotch out of a low flying duck" comment...
What he said...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Jaffa Cake said:
As promised, I got the missus to have a read of this thread (she likes the girl trouble ones), and she's in agreement with jamesmcd – be upfront about it and ask the lass out!
Wish I could but something is stopping me.
A few things that make me think twice about asking her out is:
1. She is very pretty and im nothing special even tough im pretty sure she is not shallow at all.
2. I actually feel for this girl if she would reject me i wouldnt really care but I would hate myself for making things akward between us.

Oh well, funny how I can get up on a stage and rap my heart out without ******** myself but with girls its just a different story.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Patmian212 said:
A few things that make me think twice about asking her out is:
1. She is very pretty and im nothing special even tough im pretty sure she is not shallow at all.
That is precisely why you should go for her. If tons of guys are intimidated, then nobody asks her out... and BAM! You definitely have a shot. Especially because you show initiative and confidence in doing so.
Patmian212 said:
2. I actually feel for this girl if she would reject me i wouldnt really care but I would hate myself for making things akward between us.
Hmm. This is a bit more tricky. But the thing here is, ask her out casually. If she says no, then treat it as if you just asked a buddy to go shopping at a music store and they were busy. As in, treat it casually and don't let it get awkward between you and her. It's definitely doable.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Tell the guy she has genital herpes, and then he'll stay away - and he won't say anything to her about it.

=)

I'm just kidding, bad plan.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I agree with Devilot - If you ask her out and she says no, she probably won't feel awkward about it so long as you show her that you accept that and still value your friendship.

On a less serious note, maybe we should add "Dating Advice" to the Mac Guides section? ;) :p

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
Lord Blackadder said:
On a less serious note, maybe we should add "Dating Advice" to the Mac Guides section? ;) :p
HAHAHA, trust me I thought it was crazy to ask love advie on MR but a lot of you guys know what you´re talking about. Well her best friend(one of mine aswell) said he will hint it to her. Not the most mature way but it saves me tons of grief.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Patmian212 said:
HAHAHA, trust me I thought it was crazy to ask love advie on MR but a lot of you guys know what you´re talking about. Well her best friend(one of mine aswell) said he will hint it to her. Not the most mature way but it saves me tons of grief.

if you're going to do that you might as well just pull on her hair.

If you like this girl, and you think this relationship MIGHT have potential, why have you spent so much time talking about her ex boyfriend?

sounds more like you're her emotional tampon then a potential love interest.

But if i can't talk you out of it ... you might as well just tell her, at least you won't look gutless ... getting someone else to do it for you IS gutless.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
vniow said:
Teenage romance over SMS makes my brain hurt.
Yes good point, but its not really over SMS, a lot more was said in real life, I just dont wanna bore you guys so I ust gave the info that I thought was essential.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
MarkCollette said:
Why did Rosie and Daniel break up?

Plus, I doubt that discussing problems is an indicator of romantic interest.
They broke up because daniel got bored(1.5 year relationship) and had his eye on someone else.

Yeah the conversation didnt really start like that, I but thats how it ended before she left. I just tried to giver her some advice, that she shouldnt let her problems dictate her life. As revenuee said I dont want to be her emotional tampon(great metaphor by the way).

Revenuee- My friend isnt gonna really tell her or anything like that just gonna insinuate it I guess, it is pretty gutless and definitley childish, I think im gonna have to take care of business myself tomorrow.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Patmian212 said:
Yeah the conversation didn't really start like that, I but thats how it ended before she left. I just tried to giver her some advice, that she shouldn't let her problems dictate her life. As revenuee said I don't want to be her emotional tampon(great metaphor by the way).

Revenuee- My friend isn't gonna really tell her or anything like that just gonna insinuate it I guess, it is pretty gutless and definitely childish, I think im gonna have to take care of business myself tomorrow.

i would move onto another girl ... but you're 16, and like me when i was 16, you know better, so you won't listen to me.

but i hope you listen to at least this much --- STOP BEING NEEDY --- you message or call her and she doesn't respond instantly? SO WHAT, LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE.

describe for me a little bit about the other guy, that guy who you described using ******* (whatever the derogatory term was)

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
revenuee said:
i would move onto another girl ... but you're 16, and like me when i was 16, you know better, so you won't listen to me.

but i hope you listen to at least this much --- STOP BEING NEEDY --- you message or call her and she doesn't respond instantly? SO WHAT, LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE.

describe for me a little bit about the other guy, that guy who you described using ******* (whatever the derogatory term was)
Nah you are right, I agree, but I dont think 1 message in 2 days is too bad but yeah I should cool it.
The other guy, hes a good friend of mine, he is 17 and in the year above me(going to uni next year), probably better looking then me, kind of a player, he is a nice guy but all he is look for is pu ssy(the derogatory term). He is playing the emotional tapon angle on purpose where as I just got sucked into it, Im not try to frack with her head.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
hey bud, straight up ask her.

potential upside: you have a date

potential downside: she says no

things might be awkward, but that will pass in a few days or less. just don't make it awkward.

spit yo game playa. let us know how it goes.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Patmian212 said:
Nah you are right, I agree, but I dont think 1 message in 2 days is too bad but yeah I should cool it.
The other guy, hes a good friend of mine, he is 17 and in the year above me, he is a nice guy but all he is look for is pu ssy(the derogatory term). He is playing the emotional tapon angle on purpose where as I just got sucked into it, im not try to frack with her head.

alright --- you're probably a good guy and came for constructive advice.

before i say anything else i will say this.

As much as you think that this girls something special, YOU WILL MEET SOMEONE ELSE.

Every girls IS different, but not THAT different, so if you found something once, you'll find it again ... run the numbers there are a lot of girls out there.

stop feeling sorry for yourself ... i'm sure you've got a lot of great qualities, and you are confident -- you're problem is that fact that you allow fear to get in the way. If you can perform a rap infront of a ton of people then one girl should be no problem.

you my friend are afraid of LOSE something you don't have <-- that's ludicrous.

so here is what you need to do.

first find your BALLS, got them? GOOD

Try this --- pick something FUN to do -- paint ball, lazer tag, mini putt, one on one basket ball (if you're good) <-- just a have a fun and energizing activity planned

Next time you see her, smile, and say, "COME WITH ME",

don't ask, don't see if she's busy <-- if she hesitates just say "i have somewhere else to be in a few minutes, just come with me for a few minutes."

take her by hand and lead her somewhere private -- look her in the eyes -- make sure left eye to left eye <-- it's an old celtic belief that you open your soul that way and it makes you more genuine ... trust me

and say, "i think you and i spend way to much talking about emotional crap and need to go have fun". tell her what you want to do and then make plans to do ... tell her you need a concrete answer for a time.

when you're out ... tease her ... genuinely have fun with her ... don't just pretend and do things that you THINK she might be expecting you to do.

be playful ... don't be a dick ... but don't be a push over either.

by the end of the night you'll know EXACTLY where you stand.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
NYC
revenuee said:
alright --- you're probably a good guy and came for constructive advice.

before i say anything else i will say this.

As much as you think that this girls something special, YOU WILL MEET SOMEONE ELSE.

Every girls IS different, but not THAT different, so if you found something once, you'll find it again ... run the numbers there are a lot of girls out there.

stop feeling sorry for yourself ... i'm sure you've got a lot of great qualities, and you are confident -- you're problem is that fact that you allow fear to get in the way. If you can perform a rap infront of a ton of people then one girl should be no problem.

you my friend are afraid of LOSE something you don't have <-- that's ludicrous.

so here is what you need to do.

first find your BALLS, got them? GOOD

Try this --- pick something FUN to do -- paint ball, lazer tag, mini putt, one on one basket ball (if you're good) <-- just a have a fun and energizing activity planned

Next time you see her, smile, and say, "COME WITH ME",

don't ask, don't see if she's busy <-- if she hesitates just say "i have somewhere else to be in a few minutes, just come with me for a few minutes."

take her by hand and lead her somewhere private -- look her in the eyes -- make sure left eye to left eye <-- it's an old celtic belief that you open your soul that way and it makes you more genuine ... trust me

and say, "i think you and i spend way to much talking about emotional crap and need to go have fun". tell her what you want to do and then make plans to do ... tell her you need a concrete answer for a time.

when you're out ... tease her ... genuinely have fun with her ... don't just pretend and do things that you THINK she might be expecting you to do.

be playful ... don't be a dick ... but don't be a push over either.

by the end of the night you'll know EXACTLY where you stand.

Aight man that sonds sweet, I got the perfect idea too great arcade in town with some bumper cars and crap like that. By the way I appreciate the help guys! Also sorry for sounding frackin pathetic;) got the best of me there for a sec.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.