God I love going to the Apple Store!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by audioteknika, Dec 17, 2008.

1. audioteknika macrumors regular

I always comeback with a smile on my face.. They replaced my white mb topcase & trackpad for free even after a year and a half! Repairs could a gone up to $400.. that's a nice present..

2. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I need to have my topcase replaced. I'll probably do it when I go home for the holiday break.

3. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Sweet deal. What was the problem with the topcase? Was it cracked at all?
    I am just waiting on the crack to appear in mine :eek:

4. youssefm macrumors 6502

omg i <3 the apple store too! whenever i leave from there i have this feeling of happiness lol.. also when i went and got my 2.0ghz macbook they gave me $100 off instead of the normal $50 with the education discount!!!

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I love it how everytime I go there, it seems my wallet is lighter when I leave!!

Its such a relief on the tug of my back pocket :p

6. MacFly69 macrumors regular

i'm new to MAC, so what's the secret in getting all these "freebies" at the apple store?

is there a magic word or "language"!?:)

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Instead of charging me the $135 for 4GB Ram for my 2.4Ghz Al MacBook, the concierge charged me $15 less, not noticeable, but in the end, it saved me like another $30 in taxes.

That did put a smile in my face. I remember his words "What you see is a bug in the handheld device, and I am too lazy to report it"

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

I love going there to listen to some stuck-up, arrogant fools try to tell me that my warranty is void for trying to get an official t-mobile de phone fixed in the United States. yay Apple!

9. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I've actually never been to an Apple Store. Closest I have been is Best Buy.

Sounds awesome.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Sweet jeebus, where do you live that you have a 200% tax rate?!?

$30 tax on a $15 purchase? :eek:

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Oddly enough that's about as far from an Apple Store as you can get, even if they do sell Apple products.

12. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Never been to an apple store here, closest one is at a 37 miles drive away, but thats too far away for us swiss people, we don't like long distances :D

But i have had contact with an apple salesman from Ireland through the phone, and he gave me a free mini display port to dvi which was a very nice move from him!

I've been to some apple premium resellers but the people who work there are just arrogant nerds who don't know what their talking about.

13. shawnpringle macrumors newbie

haha

Lol he was saying he got 15 dollars off of his purchase (for example a few k of stuff), that 15 dollars off saved him a total of 30 in taxes for the end price.

14. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I feel lucky, I have an Apple store about 20 mins away, another one 25-30 mins away and 2 others about an hour away. and another 3 about 1.5 hours away. :D

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Sorry, meant to say what this poster clarified for me.

16. molala macrumors 6502a

I still don't get how this is possible, since the $15 shouldn't affect the sales tax on the initial $1k plus purchase. Unless there are some complicated sales tax rules where you are (I'm in the UK).

17. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

It could be off a million dollars - if you take $15 off the total and that $15 drop in price "saved me like another $30 in taxes," that's a 200% tax rate.

Even if the $15 price reduction saved him another $15 in taxes (for a total savings of $30), that's a 100% tax rate.

18. Camoischaos macrumors member

Every time I leave the Apple store the security guard and the worker at the door make me feel uncomfortable like I'm stealing something (which I wouldn't do) Other then that they're nice stores.

19. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

They replaced it because its a known issue and they've decided to fix that issue...warranty or not, which is what you'd expect. After all its not your fault they didn't build their initial top assembly properly in the first place

20. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Indeed, I recently had the same work on my nearly 2 year old MacBook (with no extra Apple warranty)

21. youssefm macrumors 6502

i have 3 apple stores in my area, each about 20 minutes away by the subway.. i <3 nyc lol

22. cMacSW macrumors regular

My local Apple store has been hit or miss, sometimes extremely helpful other times acted like i was bothering them.

23. Foxtrot Oscar macrumors member

They have offices here, but no store just resellers with retards.

I would have thought that a store here would be a given... Given the entry in to China.

Do imacs come in "RED" yet?

Fox

24. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

The only Apple store i have been to is the Regent St store in London, the nearest one to me is in Halifax Nova Scotia i believe, a bit far to drive on a mere whim.........

25. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Crazy talk ... I have two Apple Stores within a 20 minute subway ride from me. :eek: