Going BACK to the PLUS...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zoonyx, Sep 26, 2014.

1. zoonyx macrumors 6502

OK, so ignoring the fact I'm a massive timewaster and stopping some poor scalper get his phones...

I had a 6+. It was always going to have to go back because of a reservation muck up by apple here in the UK, which meant I got 128gb not 64gb.

When I returned, I got a 6. Mainly because I had definitely definitely decided the plus was too big, couldn't use it 1 handed, too much hassle etc etc.

Since I got the 6, I love it. Sort of. But it's just an iphone. Same as all the other iPhones I've had. Almost boring....

So last night I reserved a plus. In black this time for one reason - I guess it might LOOK smaller?

Anyway the point of this thread is, has anyone been a big a pain in the *** as I have, and having gone plus - normal - plus, do you regret it?

Tell me what to do basically.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Having choices is good.

Glad you made yours and are happy.

3. accountforit macrumors 6502a

All phones are boring these days. They all do essentially the same thing. I am not sure how you think the 6 is boring but the PLUS isn't. They do the same thing.

4. kinster, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

I think he's saying that the 6+ has "more" to it than the 6 (besides the bending)

5. Epiphron macrumors regular

This is one of my reasons for me getting a 6+ as well. If it was just a 6, I probably wouldn't upgrade as it'll be just another iphone to me, coming from someone who's been on a 3.5 inch/4 inch screen for the past 6 years, it's time for a big change :)

6. zoonyx thread starter macrumors 6502

That's it - I did say 'almost' boring because I knew I'd upset people and didn't want to!

I've had a 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and a 5. I missed the 5S mainly because I realised I wasn't getting a lot out of upgrading.

Ignoring the fact I should probably try a Samsung (shudder), I like the 6, I just don't see it's all that different.

Should I therefore go with the Plus because although it'll be a pain to get used to, it will at least be different.

I had a similar moment with the 4S where I decided to go White purely to make it different from my 4 which was black.

This time the colour change is down to hopefully making the plus look a bit smaller - any thoughts on whether that might be the case or am I dreaming?!

7. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

It looks smaller but it doesn't mean you can use it like a smaller phone. The user experience is going to be the same as the silver and gold ones. If you hated it because it was too big, you are going to hate the black one just as much.

I was going back and forth between 6 and 6 plus. After playing with the them for a while, I ended up keeping my 6.

8. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

That's more or less what my thought process was as well. I'm not sure if the jump to the 6 would be a big enough difference for me to justify upgrading from my 5. Of course all of this talk about how huge the Plus is and the possibility of bending, etc. has me second-guessing myself.

9. zoonyx thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know the colour won't change the law of physics.

It's a tough one, becuase one-handed its utterly useless, but two-handed its amazing. That screen! That battery life! That camera!

I'm not going to return the 6 yet. I'll have a play with both over the weekend.

10. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

No, a lot of users prefer black because the white puts them off when watching a video.

I ordered the 6 in white/silver and the 6+ in black/space grey because I know I will what full screen videos on it more.

----------

I am currently using the 6+ space grey naked and it's very delicate. I can never use it with one hand, and if I do I have to rest it against my chest. I still have the 6 silver in it's boxed, all sealed up. Am I allowed to open this to check it out and still return it?

11. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I am taking my 6 plus back today as i love it but its too awkward to handle. I will get a 6 but if i don't like it then i will go back to a 6 plus and learn to live with it

12. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

I got the 6+ and really didn't like it the first few days. I ended up getting a 6 as well and trying both. In the end I decided to take back the 6 and keeping the 6+..

Since making this decision I've found I use the 6+ so much more than I ever have used an iPhone before. I now love the 6+ and am really happy with my decision to keep it..

13. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

At least I am not the only indecisive one.. What a hard decision. Wish apple would have went with just one iphone model. What a hard life we all have.. Trying to decide between the iPhone 6 and the 6 plus.

14. Epiphron macrumors regular

Yea using a phone screen size for awhile definitely helps. I'm glad I got to use the HTC One for half a year and wishing that that screen was bigger. So 6+ is a natural upgrade for me :)

15. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Welcome back to the dark side my friend. Apparently us 6 Plus users are rarely spotted in the wild and misunderstood by the general civilian population. Its like were X-Men Mutants but instead of having super powers we have larger App Icons :D

16. rhylin macrumors member

Going BACK to the PLUS...

Is it really that difficult for some people to decide? I would think playing with either phone for a few days would make you know what to stay with, but even after that you still want public perception to make your choice? I don't think you could be happy with either phone at this point.

17. fmcarv macrumors 6502

LOL

same cunandrum as you literally but without having bought the phones yet....

have toyed with the idea of the Plus....then after seeing lots of reviews decided the 6 would be the perfect daily driver....only to change my mind and ordering the Plus last night.

reason being the 6 is bigger but still too close to the 5s form factor, and I always wanted to be using a bigger phone.

since I've had every iphone since the 3G thought it's time for a change

18. zoonyx thread starter macrumors 6502

I think you're spot on.

I need a 5" iPhone, but it doesn't exist - so which way do I 'manage'

19. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

20. zoonyx thread starter macrumors 6502

Take my money!

21. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I feel ya. Still waiting on my 6+, however yesterday got a good bit of time with both 6 and 6+ at the same time. I love the feel of the 6 in the hand, but love the screen and Safari on the 6+. Now I will have to make several more trips to the store to be sure. I feel 5" would have been PERFECT. I can say that now I am paying a lot of attention to how I use my iPhone 5 during the day to realize which one will be better for me.

22. erzhik macrumors 6502

23. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Not everyone is the same.

24. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

I don't know....I watch a considerable amount of video on my silver 6 plus and it's no different than watching my tv with a white wall in the background. Well, except the size of course:D

I had all black phones until the 5s, where I decided to go silver. Loved it.

So, the black/gray phone for heavy video watchers doesn't apply to all of us...

25. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I have a silver six and a space grey six plus. Love them both (I agree... White doesn't hurt the movie watching experience). In the end, I'll most likely keep my six plus. I have no trouble one handing the phone, so that isn't a worry. It's a bit heavier but that's about it.

When it comes down to it, apple products are expensive, and iPhones are a luxury. I have a problem of switching phones way to often. I prefer ios through and through....but the large screen or some other feature ends up pulling me away.

That's what makes me think I'll keep the six plus. The screen,camera,and battery. I don't see an android phone really besting it....so I'm hoping to cure that itch and hold on to this phone for two years.

Plus....once you pay xcom or bioshock on both phones...the six plus it's better through and through. Ios is turning into a console on and off itself...and the six plus it's well positioned to take advantage of that.

My only concern was the gym and running. I ordered a flip belt...if that doesn't work,I'll get a used ipod touch.