Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Going BACK to the PLUS...

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England
OK, so ignoring the fact I'm a massive timewaster and stopping some poor scalper get his phones...

I had a 6+. It was always going to have to go back because of a reservation muck up by apple here in the UK, which meant I got 128gb not 64gb.

When I returned, I got a 6. Mainly because I had definitely definitely decided the plus was too big, couldn't use it 1 handed, too much hassle etc etc.

Since I got the 6, I love it. Sort of. But it's just an iphone. Same as all the other iPhones I've had. Almost boring....

So last night I reserved a plus. In black this time for one reason - I guess it might LOOK smaller?

Anyway the point of this thread is, has anyone been a big a pain in the *** as I have, and having gone plus - normal - plus, do you regret it?

Tell me what to do basically.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
All phones are boring these days. They all do essentially the same thing. I am not sure how you think the 6 is boring but the PLUS isn't. They do the same thing.

Comment

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
All phones are boring these days. They all do essentially the same thing. I am not sure how you think the 6 is boring but the PLUS isn't. They do the same thing.

I think he's saying that the 6+ has "more" to it than the 6 (besides the bending)

Last edited:
Comment

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Since I got the 6, I love it. Sort of. But it's just an iphone. Same as all the other iPhones I've had. Almost boring....

This is one of my reasons for me getting a 6+ as well. If it was just a 6, I probably wouldn't upgrade as it'll be just another iphone to me, coming from someone who's been on a 3.5 inch/4 inch screen for the past 6 years, it's time for a big change :)

Comment

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England

I think he's saying that the 6 has "more" to it than the 6 (besides the bending)

This is one of my reasons for me getting a 6+ as well. If it was just a 6, I probably wouldn't upgrade as it'll be just another iphone to me, coming from someone who's been on a 3.5 inch/4 inch screen for the past 6 years, it's time for a big change :)

That's it - I did say 'almost' boring because I knew I'd upset people and didn't want to!

I've had a 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and a 5. I missed the 5S mainly because I realised I wasn't getting a lot out of upgrading.

Ignoring the fact I should probably try a Samsung (shudder), I like the 6, I just don't see it's all that different.

Should I therefore go with the Plus because although it'll be a pain to get used to, it will at least be different.

I had a similar moment with the 4S where I decided to go White purely to make it different from my 4 which was black.

This time the colour change is down to hopefully making the plus look a bit smaller - any thoughts on whether that might be the case or am I dreaming?!

Comment

jer04

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
Townsville, Australia
It looks smaller but it doesn't mean you can use it like a smaller phone. The user experience is going to be the same as the silver and gold ones. If you hated it because it was too big, you are going to hate the black one just as much.

I was going back and forth between 6 and 6 plus. After playing with the them for a while, I ended up keeping my 6.

Comment

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine

That's more or less what my thought process was as well. I'm not sure if the jump to the 6 would be a big enough difference for me to justify upgrading from my 5. Of course all of this talk about how huge the Plus is and the possibility of bending, etc. has me second-guessing myself.

Comment

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England
It looks smaller but it doesn't mean you can use it like a smaller phone. The user experience is going to be the same as the silver and gold ones. If you hated it because it was too big, you are going to hate the black one just as much.

I was going back and forth between 6 and 6 plus. After playing with the them for a while, I ended up keeping my 6.

Yeah I know the colour won't change the law of physics.

It's a tough one, becuase one-handed its utterly useless, but two-handed its amazing. That screen! That battery life! That camera!

I'm not going to return the 6 yet. I'll have a play with both over the weekend.

Comment

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006

No, a lot of users prefer black because the white puts them off when watching a video.

I ordered the 6 in white/silver and the 6+ in black/space grey because I know I will what full screen videos on it more.

----------

Yeah I know the colour won't change the law of physics.

It's a tough one, becuase one-handed its utterly useless, but two-handed its amazing. That screen! That battery life! That camera!

I'm not going to return the 6 yet. I'll have a play with both over the weekend.

I am currently using the 6+ space grey naked and it's very delicate. I can never use it with one hand, and if I do I have to rest it against my chest. I still have the 6 silver in it's boxed, all sealed up. Am I allowed to open this to check it out and still return it?

Comment

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I am taking my 6 plus back today as i love it but its too awkward to handle. I will get a 6 but if i don't like it then i will go back to a 6 plus and learn to live with it

Comment

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I got the 6+ and really didn't like it the first few days. I ended up getting a 6 as well and trying both. In the end I decided to take back the 6 and keeping the 6+..

Since making this decision I've found I use the 6+ so much more than I ever have used an iPhone before. I now love the 6+ and am really happy with my decision to keep it..

Comment

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
At least I am not the only indecisive one.. What a hard decision. Wish apple would have went with just one iphone model. What a hard life we all have.. Trying to decide between the iPhone 6 and the 6 plus.

Comment

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Yea using a phone screen size for awhile definitely helps. I'm glad I got to use the HTC One for half a year and wishing that that screen was bigger. So 6+ is a natural upgrade for me :)

Comment

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
OK, so ignoring the fact I'm a massive timewaster and stopping some poor scalper get his phones...

I had a 6+. It was always going to have to go back because of a reservation muck up by apple here in the UK, which meant I got 128gb not 64gb.

When I returned, I got a 6. Mainly because I had definitely definitely decided the plus was too big, couldn't use it 1 handed, too much hassle etc etc.

So last night I reserved a plus. In black this time for one reason - I guess it might LOOK smaller?

Anyway the point of this thread is, has anyone been a big a pain in the *** as I have, and having gone plus - normal - plus, do you regret it?

Welcome back to the dark side my friend. Apparently us 6 Plus users are rarely spotted in the wild and misunderstood by the general civilian population. Its like were X-Men Mutants but instead of having super powers we have larger App Icons :D

Comment

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
Going BACK to the PLUS...

Is it really that difficult for some people to decide? I would think playing with either phone for a few days would make you know what to stay with, but even after that you still want public perception to make your choice? I don't think you could be happy with either phone at this point.

Comment

fmcarv

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014

LOL

same cunandrum as you literally but without having bought the phones yet....

have toyed with the idea of the Plus....then after seeing lots of reviews decided the 6 would be the perfect daily driver....only to change my mind and ordering the Plus last night.

reason being the 6 is bigger but still too close to the 5s form factor, and I always wanted to be using a bigger phone.

since I've had every iphone since the 3G thought it's time for a change

Comment

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England
Is it really that difficult for some people to decide? I would think playing with either phone for a few days would make you know what to stay with, but even after that you still want public perception to make your choice? I don't think you could be happy with either phone at this point.

I think you're spot on.

I need a 5" iPhone, but it doesn't exist - so which way do I 'manage'

Comment

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I feel ya. Still waiting on my 6+, however yesterday got a good bit of time with both 6 and 6+ at the same time. I love the feel of the 6 in the hand, but love the screen and Safari on the 6+. Now I will have to make several more trips to the store to be sure. I feel 5" would have been PERFECT. I can say that now I am paying a lot of attention to how I use my iPhone 5 during the day to realize which one will be better for me.

Comment

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006

Not everyone is the same.

Comment

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
No, a lot of users prefer black because the white puts them off when watching a video.

I ordered the 6 in white/silver and the 6+ in black/space grey because I know I will what full screen videos on it more.

----------

I am currently using the 6+ space grey naked and it's very delicate. I can never use it with one hand, and if I do I have to rest it against my chest. I still have the 6 silver in it's boxed, all sealed up. Am I allowed to open this to check it out and still return it?

I don't know....I watch a considerable amount of video on my silver 6 plus and it's no different than watching my tv with a white wall in the background. Well, except the size of course:D

I had all black phones until the 5s, where I decided to go silver. Loved it.

So, the black/gray phone for heavy video watchers doesn't apply to all of us...

Comment

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I have a silver six and a space grey six plus. Love them both (I agree... White doesn't hurt the movie watching experience). In the end, I'll most likely keep my six plus. I have no trouble one handing the phone, so that isn't a worry. It's a bit heavier but that's about it.

When it comes down to it, apple products are expensive, and iPhones are a luxury. I have a problem of switching phones way to often. I prefer ios through and through....but the large screen or some other feature ends up pulling me away.

That's what makes me think I'll keep the six plus. The screen,camera,and battery. I don't see an android phone really besting it....so I'm hoping to cure that itch and hold on to this phone for two years.

Plus....once you pay xcom or bioshock on both phones...the six plus it's better through and through. Ios is turning into a console on and off itself...and the six plus it's well positioned to take advantage of that.

My only concern was the gym and running. I ordered a flip belt...if that doesn't work,I'll get a used ipod touch.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.