Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Yeah..another thread asking people to decide what size phone to get..real mature content..move on junior

If you take the time and read the thread, it has some use and multiple contributors. So your comment is useless.

Maybe, if you insist on trolling other threads, you should get that comment in earlier. Then you look less ridiculous.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
If you take the time and read the thread, it has some use and multiple contributors. So your comment is useless.

Maybe, if you insist on trolling other threads, you should get that comment in earlier. Then you look less ridiculous.

Cool Story Bro..keep discussing the differences between the screen sizes..I'm enjoying it.

"Hi Johnny, my phone feels to big in my hands"
"Oh, that's ok, get the regular 6"
"Thanks! I just got my new regular 6 it feels great in my hand!"
"Umm..Johnnny, I went and turned back my regular 6 for a 6+ in a different color, do you think it will feel better in my hand?"

Yes..very useful..

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Cool Story Bro..keep discussing the differences between the screen sizes..I'm enjoying it.

"Hi Johnny, my phone feels to big in my hands"

"Oh, that's ok, get the regular 6"

"Thanks! I just got my new regular 6 it feels great in my hand!"

"Umm..Johnnny, I went and turned back my regular 6 for a 6+ in a different color, do you think it will feel better in my hand?"

Yes..very useful..

Thanks for contribution.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
Yeah..another thread asking people to decide what size phone to get..real mature content..move on junior

Do you have a reading comprehension disability?

Because your comment has nothing to do with the OP. He is telling a "Cool Story" not asking people to decide for him. junior. lol

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
OK, so ignoring the fact I'm a massive timewaster and stopping some poor scalper get his phones...

I had a 6+. It was always going to have to go back because of a reservation muck up by apple here in the UK, which meant I got 128gb not 64gb.

When I returned, I got a 6. Mainly because I had definitely definitely decided the plus was too big, couldn't use it 1 handed, too much hassle etc etc.

Since I got the 6, I love it. Sort of. But it's just an iphone. Same as all the other iPhones I've had. Almost boring....

So last night I reserved a plus. In black this time for one reason - I guess it might LOOK smaller?

Anyway the point of this thread is, has anyone been a big a pain in the *** as I have, and having gone plus - normal - plus, do you regret it?

Tell me what to do basically.

You shouldn't need complete strangers telling you what to do, especially when it comes to something as personally subjective as which phone to buy. If you need other people telling you what to do, that should be a red flag to stop and reflect on your reasoning, or lack thereof.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Do you have a reading comprehension disability?

Because your comment has nothing to do with the OP. He is telling a "Cool Story" not asking people to decide for him. junior. lol

Why are you loling? What's so funny?

Read his last line junior...read it to me..then let me know who doesn't have reading comprehension...

Nothing I hate worse than people typing LOL when they not funny..I picture a lonely guy behind a keyboard giggling to himself..

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011

Read his last line junior...read it to me..then let me know who doesn't have reading comprehension...

Nothing I hate worse than people typing LOL when they not funny..I picture a lonely guy behind a keyboard giggling to himself..

Haha....I agree with your last sentence. True.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Touché.

Too many trolls and rude people the last few days.

My apologies.

Now that we are buddy buddy..I will admit.."Cool Story Bro" is a immature, teenage type remark..BUT..I've seen people here use it and it makes me laugh every time especially when the story seems ridiculous to me. This is the first time I've used that expression..I never even heard it till I came to these forums..it is funny and get's under peoples skin.

The OP to me was so ridiculous so I used it..I'm 44 yrs old but I still feel like a teenager inside

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal

Thats why I did it :)

I knew it would wind you up. lol

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Now that we are buddy buddy..I will admit.."Cool Story Bro" is a immature, teenage type remark..BUT..I've seen people here use it and it makes me laugh every time especially when the story seems ridiculous to me. This is the first time I've used that expression..I never even heard it till I came to these forums..it is funny and get's under peoples skin.

The OP to me was so ridiculous so I used it..I'm 44 yrs old but I still feel like a teenager inside

Well, next time give it some style.

rete6ume.jpg

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
It's a tough one, becuase one-handed its utterly useless, but two-handed its amazing.

It's funny, I was watching people on the train with their iPhone 4's, and they were all using them 2 handed. Even if it's just kind of resting your non dominant hand along the side to give that hand something to do. :) I think we use our phones two handed more than we realize, it's just nice to know you can when you have to.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
That's it - I did say 'almost' boring because I knew I'd upset people and didn't want to!

I've had a 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and a 5. I missed the 5S mainly because I realised I wasn't getting a lot out of upgrading.

Ignoring the fact I should probably try a Samsung (shudder), I like the 6, I just don't see it's all that different.

Should I therefore go with the Plus because although it'll be a pain to get used to, it will at least be different.

I had a similar moment with the 4S where I decided to go White purely to make it different from my 4 which was black.

This time the colour change is down to hopefully making the plus look a bit smaller - any thoughts on whether that might be the case or am I dreaming?!

After a couple days with the Plus you will never be able to go back to those small screens. I would be miserable on a 4.7. That seems to be the same for thousands of others that I have spoke to/read about. Big screens are here to stay and it's just a matter of time before those small phones are obsolete.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
After a couple days with the Plus you will never be able to go back to those small screens. I would be miserable on a 4.7. That seems to be the same for thousands of others that I have spoke to/read about. Big screens are here to stay and it's just a matter of time before those small phones are obsolete.

Now you know how I felt two years ago when I switched to the note 2 and everyone had 3.5 inch iphones. After switching I kept looking at them and they felt like cheap toys. the funny part was everyone was telling me how lame a big screen was, and I was thinking I will never go back.....Trying not to lol,,

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I agree. I would give it the full two weeks. Even waiting till the last minute to get a 6 should be an issue. Each time I've walked into Best Buy, Verizon, etc. they seem to have them in stock. The 6+ inventory is very slim. I have both the 6 and 6+ and I'm still leaning towards the 6+. I think larger screens are going to be the next thing. I know it's call the iPhone, but I don't really use it as a phone. On an average I probably use less than 60 minutes a month. I see it more as internet communicator. That's why I enjoy the bigger display. Can't wait till all apps are optimized for the larger display. :D

Why I wanted to try a Plus is because my routine is similar to yours as far as the way I'd use it. Our talk time is about the same over the course of a month. I have an iPad so using the Plus for watching movies and video would not be as good but albeit better than the 6 and seeing some now on the Plus makes me feel it would not be an undesirable experience. The aspect ratio versus the iPad is most surely welcomed.

The games I would mess with on the Plus are that much better than the 6 so far. So is using the Plus to type and for browsing.

To sum it up, folks need to try it within their daily routine. An instore demo does not suffice.

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
It was hard for me to decide as well. Flopped back and forth, finally came to the conclusion to get the 6 and use for a year and wait for the 6S+ and hope that it will have even higher specs and maybe more Ram (all the bugs worked out). At that time all the apps should be updated and running smoothly. I have always been stuck on the 5-6 series and since I will be off contract this year, I can finally upgrade to the S series. So, that's my plan and I am sticking to it. ;)

If I can't find a 6+ to try during the return period for my 6, this is my plan as well. :)

AlterZgo

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
I always believed I wasn't one of those types of people. Turns out I am. oh dear.

zoonyx - I get where you're coming from. I think you will adapt to the 6 plus again just fine. I had a 5 and bought a 6 plus. For the first few days, it felt way too big. I didn't care too much about one handed use, but I was concerned with how it barely fit in my pocket, all the BS about it bending and tons of people sending me articles on how the phone bends and crap like that. I came VERY close to exchanging it for a 6.

Then, about the 3rd day, I started to get used to it. By now (day 5), I'm pretty much acclimated to the size and the screen doesn't even look big anymore. It seems rather average in size. I no longer worry about dropping it and I've figured out how to just slide it a bit diagonally in my pocket when I sit so that I almost don't notice the phone anymore. In short, I'm keeping the 6 plus and I'm glad I didn't trade in for the 6.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2005
My only concern was the gym and running. I ordered a flip belt...if that doesn't work,I'll get a used ipod touch.

It might look silly but the armbands are better than nothing. The flip belt folks don't seem to be making a bigger bag for the Plus phones (I could be wrong). I'm not sure an iPod touch would do the trick for everyone cause some people want to be able to take calls while working out (!) but certainly if you don't need to have a phone!

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
OK, so ignoring the fact I'm a massive timewaster and stopping some poor scalper get his phones...

I had a 6+. It was always going to have to go back because of a reservation muck up by apple here in the UK, which meant I got 128gb not 64gb.

When I returned, I got a 6. Mainly because I had definitely definitely decided the plus was too big, couldn't use it 1 handed, too much hassle etc etc.

Since I got the 6, I love it. Sort of. But it's just an iphone. Same as all the other iPhones I've had. Almost boring....

So last night I reserved a plus. In black this time for one reason - I guess it might LOOK smaller?

Anyway the point of this thread is, has anyone been a big a pain in the *** as I have, and having gone plus - normal - plus, do you regret it?

Tell me what to do basically.

May I advertise my thread here
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19924066
I would be happy if you took your time and counted your points to see if your decision to go for the Plus is good. :)

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
That's it - I did say 'almost' boring because I knew I'd upset people and didn't want to!

I've had a 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and a 5. I missed the 5S mainly because I realised I wasn't getting a lot out of upgrading.

Ignoring the fact I should probably try a Samsung (shudder), I like the 6, I just don't see it's all that different.

Should I therefore go with the Plus because although it'll be a pain to get used to, it will at least be different.

I had a similar moment with the 4S where I decided to go White purely to make it different from my 4 which was black.

This time the colour change is down to hopefully making the plus look a bit smaller - any thoughts on whether that might be the case or am I dreaming?!

god thats a lot of phones considering everyone outside of the US pays full price for their phones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.