Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevenme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
What's the fastest (fewest gestures) required to get an app from "slide over" to full screen?

The only way I've found is to drag the handle of the slide over app down, making it "split screen", then dragging the center handle left or right to the edge. It works but requires 2 gestures.

Seems like there should be a one gesture move like dragging the slide over handle up (not used as far as I can tell), which would make it full screen. Am I missing an easier way? Thanks,

Steve

FishyD

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
What's the fastest (fewest gestures) required to get an app from "slide over" to full screen?

The only way I've found is to drag the handle of the slide over app down, making it "split screen", then dragging the center handle left or right to the edge. It works but requires 2 gestures.

Seems like there should be a one gesture move like dragging the slide over handle up (not used as far as I can tell), which would make it full screen. Am I missing an easier way? Thanks,

Steve
I have the same question. I actually made a thread about this same issue but just found this post. Have you found a solution?

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...screen-from-slide-over.2089511/#post-25502979

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

Steve

You're not missing anything. That's currently the fastest way I believe.

stevenme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
You're not missing anything. That's currently the fastest way I believe.
Upon retesting it appears that "drag up" on a slide over app handle does the same as "drag down" making the app split screen. I'd suggest Apple use drag up to go full screen, and drag down for split screen. Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work?

Reactions: Feenician

FishyD

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Upon retesting it appears that "drag up" on a slide over app handle does the same as "drag down" making the app split screen. I'd suggest Apple use drag up to go full screen, and drag down for split screen. Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work?

That absolutely makes sense. This really seems like an oversight on Apple’s part.

kaylaesq

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2015

Steve

This has been driving me crazy for months. Some of the time when I click on a link on my iPad Pro 13.3, 11", especially in news articles, it pops up in a slide over rather than in full screen. I'm not given a choice, which REALLY annoys me. I can't even figure out why it happens so I can avoid it. And once it does happen, I can't put the slide over onto the full screen. Why would Apple continue to allow these slide-over problems for such a long time?

i went to Apple Support, and the tech there was unable to tell me how to turn a slide over into full screen. This is ridiculous.

FishyD

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
You can now easily go from slide over to full screen. Tap and hold on the upper bar in the slide over app. Then drag this bar to the upper middle of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.