Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Much to the glee of Columbus Crew supporters like myself. :D

lol

One more thing......if you're planning on going to the Ontario Science Centre and also want to go to The Salad King, there is a sister-location of the Salad King quite near the OSC. They opened another location up called Linda, which is the owner's name. It's a little more upscale than the Salad King, but they have the almost the same menu.

See:
Screen Shot 2011-09-02 at 6.01.40 PM.png

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Do note, that we also have an entire city (well, there's a lot to see and do) underground. Lots of shops, restaurants, etc.

Union Station would be a good place to start for that, and you can walk underground all the way to the Eaton Centre. However, if you check out Yonge Street by the Eaton Centre (outside) you'll see lots of activity.

Great list!
Oh.... Good Point. As a frequent visitor to Toronto, I had forgotten the PATH until you mentioned it. Definitely something to explore. An entire underground city under the city. Gotta do the PATH. I think Torontonians take it for granted.... I don't know that there is anything else quite like it.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
One more thing......if you're planning on going to the Ontario Science Centre and also want to go to The Salad King, there is a sister-location of the Salad King quite near the OSC. They opened another location up called Linda, which is the owner's name. It's a little more upscale than the Salad King, but they have the almost the same menu.
Thanks. Very handy to know.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Damn I didn't even know that! From the map it looks like it's in the new Don Mills plaza. I have only been there once way before the collapse of the Salad King building.

If you are going to see either the Distillery District or St. Lawrence Market, you might as well do both. They are a leisurely 10 minute walk apart, and if you walk along the esplanade you can wave as you go by my place. ;^)

While they are both interesting destinations, you can spend as much or as little time there as you want. For interesting shops and items they are pretty cool, but only have a few gems for the casual shopper. I think the veal sandwich shop has been mentioned a couple of times at the Market, and SoHo chocolatiers and Balzac's coffee are some tasty shops in the Distillery.

Not being a tourist makes this hard! I'm only a block from the Distillery, but I don't go over there a hell of a lot... maybe I need to get out more. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.