GOOD LUCK X HOLDOUTS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ssrij macrumors 6502

Perhaps they have a lot more stock because they're only manufacturing 2 capacities and 3 colours (6 different models), instead of 3 capacities and 5 colours (15 different models).

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Completely agree. If I had not owned my 7+, I would have considered upgrading to the iPhone 8 . But being that my iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus are very similar in terms of build and features, with the exception of some added capabilities with iPhone 8, I would rather much upgrade to the iPhone X, as that seems to be a greater difference between my iPhone 7 Plus.

3. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

Considering how long it’s taken Apple to get close to meeting demand on AirPods, I have little confidence that the iPhone X will be available to buy before next year (for most people).

4. tx2005 macrumors member

You’d think Apple is going to get as much supply by Nov 3 as possible. It does them no good to have most potential buyers out of luck for 2-3 months. No point in getting an X in the spring when we likely will see the next version of it six months later.

5. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Last year I was able to get my preorder in within 2 minutes of he Apple Store app going live. Even with the short supply, I'll be genuinely surprise and impressed if I get an expected delivery date longer than a couple of week.

6. tx2005 macrumors member

Yup. I was cold on the X at first but I’ve come around.

There is little point to upgrade to the 8 Plus for me. I’ll keep my 7 Plus and try for an X. If I can’t get one within a month or so, I’ll just finish the 24 months for my IUP and sell my 7 Plus when the next set of phones come out next fall.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Yeah but the next version probably will be super late, too. It will be a new tradition, announce in September and release in Spring. :p

8. kormsby macrumors newbie

kormsby

So true. I cannot envision Apple pushing the dates to November for their anniversary phone without confidence in stock levels for that time. Like you said, as well, why push it even further into 2018 (most people won't wait and will simply go buy an 8 or wait for the next gen) and have it too close to your next launch. That sounds like a business and retail channel nightmare.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Weeks? Nah, months...maybe years.

10. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

People will still be waiting on their X deliveries when the XI is announced.

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

not a problem. its just a phone and i can wait

12. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

It seems that new information indicates that production of the X has been slowed even more over the last couple of weeks.

This just seems to be an unideal year to buy a smart phone, unless you want to deal with delays and hassles. Multiple OEMs are all trying to obtain the same supplies and all seem to be encountering shortages. Look at Google’s new Pixels. They kept one with an older screen/design, just like Apple, and only made one with smaller bezels. It seems like Samsung is the only OEM that can provide the number of phones in demand.

13. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

I expect to have my X on launch day. Apple is a pretty smart company, they wouldn't give a firm release date if they couldn't get at least some stock ready. Not really sure what the point of the post is though, make yourself feel better?

14. Damstr macrumors regular

You honestly have no idea what the supply is like from Apple so this thread is worthless.

EDIT: if that happened to 90% of orders people will cancel and perhaps move onto something else. Do you really think Apple is ok with that? No.

15. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Hilarious!

16. partyboy4357 macrumors newbie

Funny how the iPhone 8/8+ buyers seem to need to justify their purchase by slamming the X availability date. If you are insecure about your iPhone 8 purchase just return it, you still have time.

17. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I'm okay with waiting. It will give me time to read all of the iPhone 8/8 Plus vs iPhone X threads that will finally be based on real world experience with the X. :p

18. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

What reports? Plenty of reports suppose 12 million units on launch and about 40 million by November/December. If you order right on the dot you should get one.

19. Jabar18 macrumors member

Here we go again. More X buyers talking ish.

20. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I suspect that when the X buyers get their delivery date that a certain amount of them will cancel and get the 8 and 8+ rather than wait till July 2018:eek::eek::eek:

21. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I'll pre-order. If, by the time I get my order in, the ship date is off in the distance, I'll do the line thing (like I've done every year since the first one anyway). If I score one by being early in line somewhere, I can cancel the pre-order.

22. zhandri macrumors 6502

july 2018? maybe for the next iphone X ;) i'll gladly hold my phone in hands on launch day, no worries

23. Newtons Apple, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I will be here to see or NOT see it. No worries here either!
    Best of Luck!

24. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not me, I would rather wait than spend huge money on a phone that looks exactly like the past 3 iPhones. As lets face it the 7 plus still works very well.

25. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502

AlphaGuitarist

Same here. My 6s Plus is still running fine (though I'm running low on storage) and I'll hold on to it until September 2018, if my delivery date is too far out.