Good set of headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iUser4Lyfe, Jul 1, 2009.

1. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Ok I'm done with apples stock head phones. Cant stand them. What headphones you guys using? Anyone got a good pair of wireless headphones?

2. wr1020 macrumors regular

I'm wondering the same, i want a good pair of bluetooth wireless headphones, does anyone know if the Sony DR-BT22 will work fine for a 3gs to play music? It's all i'm strictly looking to do and not make and receive calls with them.

3. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I have the motorola S9-- but I don't recommend. They pinch and are NOT comfortable.

I am sorry to say the the BEST earphones I have used so for are the APPLE IN-EAR buds. I love them.

They are way to pricey though--80 bucks-- and they they are not made of durable material.

4. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

I no everybody hates them but I love the apple headphones. Even better now with volume control.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm about to get them from a reseller on eBay. S/He sells them for $35-40 and has good ratings.

6. Greenman85 macrumors regular

not wireless

not wireless but my bose headphones are amazing. so comfortable and amazing sound

7. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I wonder how she can sell them so cheap. Are they imitation??

8. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

9. FetalSage macrumors regular

10. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

i just recieved a new set of koss headphones from their warranty department..... for a $100 set of headphones i purchased in the early 90's. they have a lifetime warranty which is worth as much as the headphones, imo!

11. Surely Guest

Surely

I've had 2 pairs of Vibe Duos break on me. They sent me a pair to replace the 2nd pair that broke (which they sent me to replace the 1st pair that broke), but I've left them in the box and am trying to sell them on Craigslist. I don't want to use headphones that break so easily from regular use. I babied them too.

I bought a pair of Ultimate Ears 200v's when they were on sale for $25 on Amazon, but right now they're $85. I love them so far.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Shure MPA and Pick your Poison of the Shure Line...

13. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I have the Duos (angled plug) and I an ruff on them. They go in my pocket every day all jumbled up and I haven't had a problem with them. I've had them over a year and I read all the stories about them before I bought mine, but I would recommend them to anybody.

14. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Should have bought the v-moda then, I got mine from BB.

15. soopamac macrumors member

I've checked for those on eBay but I always wonder why they don't come in a retail box. Where do they get them? So I just decided to get them at the apple store. Didn't want to risk of getting faulty or fake headphones. I don't think you are eligible for the warranty with eBay purchases also.

Anyways the apple in ear have good sound isolation, bass is kinda weak. The Bose in ear are really good, it just lacks sound isolation, mic and remote. I recommend both earphones!

16. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Apple earbuds suck. I use Skull Candy the most because they sound good and are comfortable. I have a few different types though and i also like Creatives earbuds but the ones i have are kinda big but sound really good. They have several different types that go in the ear just like the Skull Candy and the Sony's. Kinda pricey though.

I havent tried These Sony buds yet because they are a bit pricey but hear they are good too. Still all these are cheaper than Apples buds.

You can get them cheap on ebay though if you dont mind them coming from China.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Consider yourself lucky.
    My first pair had the straight plug and the replacements have had the angled plug. Both times one of the earphones died. I'm not sure where the issue was with the first pair, but the damaged/defective point on the second pair was right at the angled plug.
    I would not recommend them due to the possible sketchiness. Fortunately, v-moda has great customer service. Unfortunately, I have a pair of vibe duos sitting in a box because no one is responding to my ad!

18. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yeah that one thing that turn me on to them when I saw all the bad reviews about one bud going out was that they would replace them, sometimes of time out of warranty too.

19. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser's hd 435 that I got for about €50. Now if you are more interested in earbuds (in-ear headphones) than in cans, you should check out this.

20. paul100 macrumors newbie

I don't know about others, but for me Apple original headphones are my favorite one's of all. It fits my ears exactly, and I'm comfortable with it.

21. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yeah they are fine if you don't care about sound quality.

22. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I didn't care about sound quality until I bought a nice pair of headphones.

One must compare to know the difference.

23. fluffer macrumors member

I just received my pair of 11mm Skullcandy Full Metal Jackets

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246522013&sr=8-4

bought off Amazon UK for £53 incl P&P. Having listened to them a an hour or two and made a few calls, I'm happy to say I love them. They sound great with solid, deep bass and clear mid/high range. The person I made a call to reported I sounded good and clear. They' re also comfy to wear. Longer use and durability aren't topics I cant comment on yet, but first impressions are very good.

24. charltonx macrumors member

I got these two days ago also from Amazon UK, I really like them, they're metal but not heavy, are comfortable and the sound is good but quite heavy on the bass, I have the EQ Treble Booster switched on to counter it slightly. Skullcandys have got a reputation of breaking, but I took a gamble and these feel quite durable.