Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audx

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
Los Angeles
If your looking for some real good quality headphones and dont mind paying the $$$
Beats-by-Dr-Dre-thumb-480x439.jpg
$299
monster-beats-dr-dre-tour-in-ear-he.jpg
$150

Amzing quality, tangle free, and they sell them in the apple stores:)

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I don't know about others, but for me Apple original headphones are my favorite one's of all. It fits my ears exactly, and I'm comfortable with it.
Well, I think they sound crap, besides the fact that they fall out of my ears almost immediately. I have small ears and small ear canals, so they can't even stay in there unassisted for more than 30 seconds.

I've always preferred the earbuds with different sized silicone, and now that I've fallen in love with voice control, I've decided to give up my reliable Shure earphones for a pair with the mic and remote.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
If your looking for some real good quality headphones and dont mind paying the $$$

monster-beats-dr-dre-tour-in-ear-he.jpg
$150

Amzing quality, tangle free, and they sell them in the apple stores:)

I think I might have found my next set! I like the looks so it depends on how they sound and if they push a revision that adds volume control.

audx

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
Los Angeles
I think I might have found my next set! I like the looks so it depends on how they sound and if they push a revision that adds volume control.

the sound is amazing, the bass is ridiculous for how small they are. I was also thinking about picking up some but i like the Studio version also:confused:

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
the sound is amazing, the bass is ridiculous for how small they are. I was also thinking about picking up some but i like the Studio version also:confused:

The look like they would be slightly bigger then my duo's. I just hope they wouldn't be to bassy. Depending on what I'm listening to the duo's nor normally just under how much bass I like, but it depends on what I'm listening to.

audx

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
Los Angeles
The look like they would be slightly bigger then my duo's. I just hope they wouldn't be to bassy. Depending on what I'm listening to the duo's nor normally just under how much bass I like, but it depends on what I'm listening to.

IMO they are perfect amount of bass. Look them up, they're called "Beats by Dre"

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I'm thinking of buying BT headset for my 3GS.

I read that the Motorola S9 HD has a good reputation as a good bt-headset/headphone. And it should fully work with 3GS.

Any opinions about these? These are pretty hard to find, atleast from Europe and ebay sellers most don't ship to europe at all....

Anyone know where I could find these?

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I'm thinking of buying BT headset for my 3GS.

I read that the Motorola S9 HD has a good reputation as a good bt-headset/headphone. And it should fully work with 3GS.

Any opinions about these? These are pretty hard to find, atleast from Europe and ebay sellers most don't ship to europe at all....

Anyone know where I could find these?

There was just a post on here a couple of days and another today (in fact it's still on the front page if you look). One review said they weren't any better then the S9's, the other said they where great so..

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
There was just a post on here a couple of days and another today (in fact it's still on the front page if you look). One review said they weren't any better then the S9's, the other said they where great so..

Yeah I checked the review...pretty mixed feelings :)

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
The Bluetooth headsets are good if wireless freedom is more important to you than sound quality. However, note that they absolutely don't even come close to the sound quality available for the price in wired headsets. That's just the reality of it.

Also, I've been the the V-Modas as have thousands of others. The fact is, they break. Stay away from them at all costs. The two best recommendations from my experience would be either the Etymotic HF2 or the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi. Great sound quality without getting too expensive.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I've been really happy with my headphones from Ultimate Buds

What's cool is they use the same cord from the iPhone so you can get the button and with the new 3GS volume control.

Great set of head phones.

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
Ive got a pair of Bose In Ear Headphones..Paired with this :

smarttalk_1.jpg

And it gives me full Iphone voice Control plus Ipod control....the only thing is the cable is really long so i have to tie it..but it works for now...

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
I have the motorola S9-- but I don't recommend. They pinch and are NOT comfortable.

I am sorry to say the the BEST earphones I have used so for are the APPLE IN-EAR buds. I love them.

They are way to pricey though--80 bucks-- and they they are not made of durable material.

If you want good sound quality, a mic, and the remote that comes on the stock earphones, the Apple In-Ear buds are great and, frankly, reasonably priced for the sound quality (this is what I finally settled on because I wanted to keep the remote).

If the remote/mic is not relevant to you, the Klipsch Image S4's are about the same price, but in a different league in terms of sound.

If you have a little more disposable cash, the higher end Shure SE's and Sennheiser (sp?) are also great.

Really, it comes down to how much you want to spend.

--Mav

nezff

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
The best headphone IMHO are the Sennheiser HD280 or the Grado line. If you want to drown out noise, the sennheiser are the one. I can mow the lawn with them on and barely hear my John Deere running.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
The best headphone IMHO are the Sennheiser HD280 or the Grado line. If you want to drown out noise, the sennheiser are the one. I can mow the lawn with them on and barely hear my John Deere running.

HD280 are far better than what most consumers use. However, they are Sennheiser entry level 'phones and do not qualify for "best headphone" status.

nezff

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
HD280 are far better than what most consumers use. However, they are Sennheiser entry level 'phones and do not qualify for "best headphone" status.

entry level compared to their 800 dollar home theater headphones. I meant that they are great headphones for the iPod or iPhone. $99 and you can probably find them cheaper somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.